Beta Test This Weekend and Earn a Mount!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Roshen, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suka Well-Known Member

if you are copying your eq2 recent file, make sure you go into the file (open in notepad) , do a find for buthcerblock, and change cl_autoplay_world to Beta
  2. suka Well-Known Member

everything except the houses and of course the shared bank were there. shared bank i didn't expect to come with me. houses i figure there is probably a delay as others have been experiencing so i will go buy a little inn and play with it to test that part.
  3. Wanderingbat Active Member

I validated, logged out , came back and validated again just to make sure. Still cannot see any of my characters since the update. No point in logging in. I'll be watching this thread for word of changes.
  4. suka Well-Known Member

bought an inn, zoned in, promptly crashed to desktop. will try again since i really want to test decorating
  5. suka Well-Known Member

i am not having any such problems. i just can't get into my newly bought house. i keep crashing so i will try that one later
  6. suka Well-Known Member

it's late but everything is downloaded and validated and ready to go so i will be back tomorrow and let you know what i find.
    Wanderingbat likes this.
  7. Silkenmyst New Member

ok I copied over a char that didn't have any prestige houses, only a regular house. the house did not copy over. I did get the achievement to register kills though by killing orcs in the frostfang questing areas. I couldn't test much else since house stuff didn't copy, will try again tomorrow
    Wanderingbat likes this.
  8. Wanderingbat Active Member

OHHH, see. I have never reported anyone in the 10 years I've been playing. LOL Probably should have but I tend to just block the fools. Well that makes sense. I have done a bug/feedback report many times though and as I said it was working until I got booted. Thanks for clearing this up for me Ocarinah. :D
  9. Delidia New Member

I tried this, multiple times. I also tried clearing my Beta folder and letting it download whatever it wanted/needed. This didn't work, either. Tried copying the assets folder from the non-beta, and also validated that. Everything seems fine, at least to the validation tool, but no matter what I do, I can't get my girls - or anyone/anything else - to show up.

Crossing my fingers for a fix before the weekend is up! (And, if not, then at least that the devs don't rip out too many hairs trying to fix things!)
  10. I_Like_Passing_Wind New Member

OK, after a small "Camping to Bedtop"...:D

Toons images were missing at "Character Select". The Toons themselves could be picked from, just no bodies in the courtyard.

Was able to login to house (house DID transfer, but was not listed until I bought another cheap house, then both popped up. Dropped the fresh-bought one, and presto...my house is back, with all the trimmings that should be there (guild door not working, obviously, etc.)

Tip of the hat to Charlice for the default-setting of high. Fixing that now--should get rid of the lag/lurch that was happening now and then coming into new areas.

And...ACK! Not only is toon missing, but every non-structural model (house furnishings, pets, etc) are missing visuals. I DID validate files, and everything should have been there. Wow...that'll shock you to being awake better than coffee! So, tip of hat to Wanderingbat...we are in the same boat for the moment.

Bailing out and trying it from the beginning....
  11. the-biggest.winner. New Member

is an SOE membership required to do this? can you participate in this beta test with free play?
  12. baconlettuceandtomato Active Member

Took a level 9 char and got him his first house, put a few things in it, made another char trustee, had that char plop a couple pets and a portal to a prestige house. Told the pets to play dead, went back to the first char. Pets were walking around, but their right-click menus had "stand up" rather than "play dead" on them. Telling them to stand up resynced the menus with what the pet was doing. This is a live bug, not beta.

Did a copy of the level 9 to beta, with him in the house. That's the only char I copied to beta. When I got over to beta, I got a warning about disk space (I have 6+GB free on C). I had alt-tabbed in and out of the everquest window while it was coming up. On the character select screen the mouse was a strange hand icon, the char name was in the select char list on the left and selected in the play/delete/set appearance window on the right, but the char avatar wasn't shown, and I couldn't press any buttons, including the minimize/maximize/close window buttons. Killed eq2 with the task manager.

Second try I made sure not to tab out, so the game stayed full screen. Again got disk space and epilepsy warnings, had to click on the screen to clear epilepsy warning, select default keyboard layout, and had usual gold arrow cursor the whole time. This time game hung on loading zone resources at 44%. Killed eq2 with the task manager. Explorer still showing 6.9GB free on C.

Third try: same as 2nd try, except hung on loading zone resource with no progress bar at all and no percentage shown. Left it and went out to dinner, when I came back it couldn't repaint the screen so I killed it.

Deleted about 14GB of stuff from my hard drive, exploder shows 20.5GB free. Tried again, same result - hangs at loading zone resources.

Where is it posted how I clear cache? I know I've seen it...
  13. I_Like_Passing_Wind New Member

Add...

I think we have a "syntax" error type thing going on with the textures. At Char Select, no body, but the personal torch could move (could see it changing light and shadow as it rotated.) Load times were WAY longer--I suspect each item's textures were doing it's own version of "Error 404" at load. It landed me outside my house where the frame rate (also probably due to missing files trying to be found/loaded) is about 1 frame every ten seconds.

Should be an easy fix, since it seems common to all non-structural textures. Of course, "easy" is a very relative term.

And hope that someone didn't do a global find and replace with the wrong extension...(been there-done that).

Hanging in there with you all. Keep slaying the code bugs, devs, we'll keep tossing mana and cookies at ya!
  14. Grouse Active Member

FYI the "Destroyer of Beta" -- Nothing in The Pillars of Flame counted, but almost everything in The Sinking Sands did...
  15. Eggfu Member

is the mount heirloom or is it no-trade?
  16. Charlice Well-Known Member

Not getting updates from ToV or SF mobs. Headed to SS, getting updates there too.
  17. Steelviper Active Member

The mount seems to be this one, same as from Beta testing Tears of Veeshan before it came out, as posted somewhere in the beginning of this thread:
    http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/1595547855
    Not really worth the trouble with the Beta for me.
    Eggfu likes this.
  18. arawagal New Member

I am also unable to see my character on the login screen and when I play. Also everything is taking so long - when I click on something or move. And neither of my houses copied over
  19. Shonshazzitt Active Member

Usually when I got the blackscreen of no going forward(tm) lol I shut down EQ2 with the pretty red X button on the top right corner, I went into my main EQ2 folder, to the cache/clouds folder and deleted everything in that folder, then restarted the launcher and away I went to the races and was able to log in fine to the game, and no issues with a black screen.
  20. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Did you verify that you are still in a guild? Typically copying to beta strips you of your guild membership, because you are only copying your toon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.