Beta Test This Weekend and Earn a Mount!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Roshen, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katz2 New Member

What should we be testing? I checked out my house, moved stuff around, killed things, and put things on the broker and listed it.
    My character copied over fine, all items were in bag, all items were in house except for the broker containers, nothing was on the broker (should that have copied over?)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Cerilynn Jynx New Member

I've been trying to figure out what mobs work for the kill count. So far, Great Divide and Jarsath Wastes do NOT (for me), even if grey.
  3. Caith Developer

Just to be clear folks, the achievement not counting for some creatures is not due to an issue with what we are testing. The achievement counts whenever you kill a creature classified as living, or undead. Apparently there are quite a few creatures that were not classified correctly as living

Test...everything! :D Broker does not copy, so that is expected. This is a very fundamental change, which if done correctly won't have any visible change to how the game plays. If you see anything odd, please post or /bug.
  4. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I deleted my beta toon and went back in live to copy fresh version. I was standing in an unpublished house when I did the /beta. I have all my houses listed when I logged into beta toon. Haven't entered one yet.
  5. Padapaw New Member

Apologies about the guild hall thing.... did not know only beta's worked..... as far as the counter goes, it's interesting what the game considers 'living' *laugh*. Not found any Undead that did not count though.
  6. Ysabeau New Member

I transferred my level 100 druidess over without deleting my test version first. Her gear/skills/aa's/abilities/inventory seem to be in good order, as are most of her homes. However, she is completely missing her Mithaniel Manor house in Halas, the door to the left of the guild hall entrance. Also, while exploring my home in Maj'Dul, I found a pink cube stuck in the wall that, when examined, was supposed to be a Dark Ethernere Crystal. Decorating looked to be intact other than that (except in my non-existent primary residence.;) ) and working as it should.

Most of the mobs in Antonica updated my quest, though I seem to remember that some of the coven humans in the wood as you approach the druid ring did not. I'm unsure if they're tagged living even though they looked living to me! Nothing in Blackburrow or Stormhold seemed to work for me, though admittedly -- I did turn around after the first few rooms of slaying to find things that did.
  7. Cleaner Active Member

Hey look another copy and past mount lamo like i don't already have the identical look 4 times over.
  8. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Here is my Issue:
    I copied Kuulei over and no housing, but I thought it may be because an older version of her was already on the server and I had replaced her so I deleted the copy of her and suddenly she is a 'half elf commoner' at level 5 but I can't log her in, when I try it puts me into the creation screen and logging in another toon and using the /camp Kuulei to log in, she isn't there to log in to, even though I see here in the generated character screen.

I went back to live after deleting this buggy version of Kuulei and /beta again. Now I am able to log in fine and my houses are HERE!
  9. I_Like_Passing_Wind New Member

Also reporting-no house in beta. Shoula packed extra socks and undies before leaving.... :cool:
  10. Grouse Active Member

Downloaded the beta. When I first logged in, the narration of some type of introduction started behind a black screen -- the audio progress, but no image was presented. I finally clicked on the screen and it shifted to logging in, advancing to the question about keyboard layout.
  11. Grouse Active Member

Now, attempting to create a level on character, every name I present gets the message "That word cannot be used in a name" when I add the 4th character! "Lore, Saks, Grou, Mary, John", etc. I chose Random an was presented with "Fujun". So I cleared the input and typed "Fuju" and got that same error. I finally got in with a Random name.
  12. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Ok here is what seems to work if you are having an issue with you housing and perhaps how to avoid it..
    1. Patch Beta BEFORE you copy over, log in and check your population already on Beta.
    2. If you find you have a character on Beta already with the name of the one you plan to copy, delete them FIRST.
    3. Switch client to your live server (US English or wherever you normally play) and log into the character you want to copy and type /beta and make sure you camp out and not just close the game.
    4. Restart your client and switch the version to Beta, select Apply then on the left, validate assets for Beta.
  13. Grouse Active Member

Weirder and weirder. At character creation time, for my good character, I was only given the option of Faydwer. However, when I logged in I was placed in the Frostfang Sea. I looked at the Norrath map, and it showed me in the right location, but the location was labeled "Erollis". The minimap was correctly labeled Frostfang Sea.
  14. Grouse Active Member

Logging to character select was instantaneous.
  15. Nazztee Member

not sure I'm having the best of luck with the beta. I've crashed to character select screen 3 times in the 1st zone I was in, and then I finally made it to a travel globe, only to hard lock the game. rebooted, logged back in, loaded my toon and hard crashed again
  16. Nazztee Member

Erollis has been showing up on the travel globe lately instead of frostfang sea for a while on live servers.
  17. Grouse Active Member

Relogged into live and ran /beta on Grouse while sitting in the guild hall.
    Logged into Beta as Grouse;
    • Got a disconnect message when the 'zone' message popped up
    • Finally logged in to Timorous Deep, at the outside of the Guild Hall door
    • Got prompted to buy a guild hall when I attempted to enter. Probably because I am not the guild hall owner. :)
    • /house lists no houses --- all of them are prestige homes
    I'll try another character with a regular, non-prestige home.
  18. Kuulei Well-Known Member

You may have had an older version of Grouse already from previous beta. You can actually delete Grouse on beta, then go back to live, using the steps I posted above, and your home shows up. It seems using the /beta commans when a character is already on beta with that name(x) it confused the housing fairies!
  19. I_Like_Passing_Wind New Member

Grey kills counted on achievement total, up til I hit 105/250. Then all progress stopped. Was killing grays in Sinking Sands, as per earlier post--just to see "what if." Can also report all on-body items transferred, and mercs came across without a hitch. Stats and AA abilities check out as functional.
  20. Nazztee Member

wow, that was weird. while responding to a message on another forum, my game decided to reload despite having hard crashed to the desktop. my toon name was Longestnameposs, my merc's name was Mercenary Name, and my pet's name was "Pet Name" but it quickly proceeded to lock up and crash again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.