Beta Test This Weekend and Earn a Mount!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Roshen, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jozyjo New Member

I have tried various locations and various mobs but nothing updates the achievement. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. Sucuri Active Member

If anyone is paying attention to this thread, the beta promo achievement is no longer counting mobs you kill. Seems to have broken after the little update put in.
  3. Charlice Well-Known Member

I had this problem too. It resets your display settings to high. Try setting it lower. It fixed it for me though it did take a few tries.
  4. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I just logged in after the brief update and nothing is updating. Things that updated before the downtime aren't updating, have tried different zones, different mobs, different levels etc, nothing is updating so far. Others in chat are experiencing the same thing.
  5. Delidia New Member

Since the downtime tonight, I'm suddenly unable to see my character, or any other players, NPCs, or mobs. And, apparently, I'm not the only one. It was fine before, and it's fine in the non-beta game... But kinda hard to play when there's nothing to interact with.
    xkrisx likes this.
  6. suka Well-Known Member

i
    isn't there a faster way to get onto beta than having to redownload the entire game every time we want to test? seems there should be an easier way. and then when i want to go back and play the regular version, i have to download it all again? wasn't a faster way discussed once?
  7. Somethingwicked New Member

Killed a myriad of creatures and nothing updating the achievement
  8. Charlice Well-Known Member

Not a check that's been asked for .. but...
    On live I crash EVERY time I zone to Tranquil Sea. On Beta I do not crash.
  9. TechUp Active Member

copy your Music and Paks folder from your live Everquest 2 folder to your Beta server folder before you try and switch versions:

e.g.
    E:\Everquest 2\music & E:\Everquest 2\paks to E:\Everquest 2\BetaServer

This save you from downloading about 17GB of files... Just make sure you COPY and not MOVE the folders from live to beta.
  10. suka Well-Known Member

so was mine. i stopped it, went in and copied the folders, then restarted the launcher and now it only has 411 mb to download
  11. Somethingwicked New Member

Have started a new character on Beta server, still no updates on the mount achievement. Am in DLW killing undead, wolves, etc. Not updating at all. Also Can i have the carpet that it shiows as my reward? it is prettier than the sokokar
  12. suka Well-Known Member

erollis is the continent of frostfang sea. you would have to click on the downmenu and choose current zone instead of overview. not sure why you were offered greater fay and then sent to frostfang though,
  13. Silkenmyst New Member

Managed to get logged into beta. Kill count for the achievement to get the mount, non functional. None of my houses copied with me so I couldn't check house inventory. going to keep trying stuff
  14. jozyjo New Member

So will all of us trying to get the achievement and logging on get the mount anyways?
  15. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Copy character for me worked well with toon intact and bags in tack. However, my houses did not copy over at all. I did buy a house once there and funny thing is the items in my house vaults on live transferred fine, just not the houses. I've gotten credit for killing overland mobs. I went into the shrine to finish a quest and those mobs did not count.
  16. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Same here. I belong to a guild with a beacon. It worked one time, since then it will not work says my guild does not have an active beacon.
  17. Caith Developer

Seems the even flag that the achievement is depending on doesn't stick after the server bounce, we'll have to investigate to see if that is due to the changes or due to something else. The achievement should once again be updating.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

got this in validation process:
    *Warning: Fullscan found CRC mismatch on C:/Users/Public/Sony Online Entertainment/Installed Games/EverQuest II/BetaServer/music/zones/antonica.mp3, even though size 2,892,176 and time 1062018639 matched. Expected 25736956 but detected 1086504294.

so it is recreating it
    Keiarra likes this.
  19. Wanderingbat Active Member

Same problem here. I tried a new character transfer as well. Same thing.
  20. Caith Developer

There also seems to be an issue with some streaming assets with the most recent build that may be causing issues. We'll look into it, but make sure you validate your game files if you are having trouble with things rendering.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.