Beta Test This Weekend and Earn a Mount!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Roshen, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sucuri Active Member

Is it possible to do this multiple times? Like if I copied over a few characters, did the quest, would I get more then 1 to claim live side?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Elinea Well-Known Member

I thought houses copied over? I zoned into Freeport, opened housing tab and it said I owned no houses (I actually own 3 prestige homes and one city room). Then I got booted before I could ask about it in general chat lol.
  3. Yavie Active Member

So, I would LOVE to beta test this, however, as with the regular Test server, it doesn't matter if I hit APPLY or FULL Download, I get the black screen of non-logging in when I hit play. So, if you would just give me the mount even though I can't get there, I would appreciate it. I'm so frustrated with not being able to get to my characters on Test server or Beta server.
  4. TechUp Active Member

copy your Music and Paks folder from your live Everquest 2 folder to your Beta server folder before you try and switch versions:

e.g.
    E:\Everquest 2\music & E:\Everquest 2\paks to E:\Everquest 2\BetaServer

This save you from downloading about 17GB of files... Just make sure you COPY and not MOVE the folders from live to beta. ;)
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

6. honeybush Member

Would've been nice to offer Xan'Tak the Abrupt since it was almost unattainable except to those in top raid guilds who had their hands held throughout AoM beta. Sokokar......meh.
  7. Diddums New Member

To use your regular ui layout (assuming no plug-ins or mods):
    - copy the file <server name>_<character name>_eq2_uisettings.xml from the EQII top folder into the BetaServer folder
    - rename the file to replace <server name> with "Beta"
    eg.
    e:\games\sony\eqii\antonia bayle_hefti_eq2_uisettings.xml
    ->
    e:\games\sony\eqii\betaserver\beta_hefti_eq2_uisettings.xml
  8. Silzin Active Member

Step 1, is the character exactly the same – the location of 2 of the 3 was in the same location in game. The one in my Guild Hall is in Qeynos. but all of them had an X at the end of their name and I know I had a copy on Beta of them without the X before my most recent copy. One of my wife’s characters was in a raid zone that we were in a few days ago, instead of the GH, and she does not have any Homes. Looks like all toons in a GH are in a different zone.
    Step 2 Housing – 1 of my houses is a prestige home and it is not in my list, but the other 3 are there. I cannot figure out how to get into Decorator mode… I do not do this very often. My wife does not have any houses on 1 of her characters that has 3 on live, but 1 of the others has all of them. Also some of the houses are duplicated 2 times in the housing list. My wife’s 1 house she has decorated is empty (Prestige Home). My wife cannot seem to get into Decorator Mode, it says she is entering it, but it’s not working. One of my wife’s Inn rooms still has all of its stuff in it, but no “Wheel” for Decorator Mode.
    Step 3 Contested – the contested Ossuary looks as it normally does, all Shienys up and most named are not, a few are up.
    Step 4 Lock outs – I tried a Advanced Solo and I got a zone timer after killing the 1st named as expected.
    Step 5 Broker – my toons that had items on the broker do not have any items for sale anymore and no items on the broker.
    Step 6 Guilds – Non of mine nor my wife’s toons were in a guild after copying onto Beta.
  9. Sucuri Active Member

Anyone able to answer my question? :(
  10. Lexxiii Active Member

I wish I would of saw this before I started downloading. Its only 17 percent done and I have been downloading for 40 minutes.
  11. Diddums New Member

key bindings seem messed up - I copied my uisettings.xml but the keys are neither default nor my own customs.
    'q' is auto attack on my AB account but nothing here.
    'b' is open all bank bags on AB and default, but opens the recipe book here.
    Guild did not copy so I'm unguilded on Beta.
    Had no trouble with the achievement but there are a lot of people saying various things don't work... Ykesha boars and pirates worked for mass AE blasting... the PS undead and armipines(?) also worked before I moved on.
    + aa is identical
    + inventory contents are exactly the same (shared bank is empty but I expected that)
    + gorowyn inn room also worked fine (as far as I can tell, with 198 placed items, its hard to be certain)
    + achievements and collection quests seem correct
  12. Diddums New Member

You can stop it at any time... just make sure you run the full file scan when you restart after manually copying the files over so it picks up the current state of all files. The loader is quite smart about only grabbing what it needs.
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

As you probably heard, Caith, there's still issues with grimlings, twisted Far Seas crewmen, urzurach(sp), and some others still, after your fix. Others were/are making a more detailed list, I believe.

I finally went elsewhere and AE'ed for the achievement, then moved back to Tranquil to test earning guild status (writs), and did a bit of other guild testing. I'll poke at more stuff later this weekend.

For those having issues with copied houses not coming over, they may not copy if they were published.
    For those not arriving in the same spot they were in, your guilds didn't copy over, so if you were camped in a guildhall, you're going to end up being dumped in whatever the game thinks was your last zone before the guildhall. (If that happened to be a house that didn't copy over, it will try to dump you to the place you were before that.)

These aren't considered "bugs" of the type they're trying to find, but just facts about how copies and beta work. (Another such feature is that your broker boxes and contents won't copy over. Another is that you may find one character simply cannot get their shared bank to work properly, or get any of their housing to copy - with the recommended "fix" being that you just try with a different character.)

~Mum
    Feldon and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Padapaw New Member

Call to Guild Hall does not work.. get the message "... your guild does not have an active beacon at it's hall.

Ok.. lvl 72 here. Grey mobs in Timorous Deep = no achievement advancement of the kill counter; Orange mobs in Fens ditto - no change in counter, still 0 / 250; ditto for blue mobs in Fens. Basically nothing from gray to orange cons are advancing the counter.

Went to Kylong Plains, and suddenly the blue mobs count! So.. counter does not work for Timorous Deep or Fens, but does for Kylong *shrug*
  15. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Were you in a beta guild at the time? (your guild does not copy over) And does the beta guild you are in have a guild beacon placed?
  16. Thimdirran Active Member

Nothing I tried in Obol Plains counted. Everything I tried in the Eidolon Jungle did. Reward is identical package for beta testing Tears of Veeshan, which is a slightly different color than the two identical sokokar you can earn on live.
    http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/1595547855
  17. Wanderingbat Active Member

I also have the "no houses copied over" issue so I won't even get into that. It's not like I am going to live on beta anyway, but I can't test decorate obviously. Secondly, I keep getting booted out of game in the middle of things like "making a bug/feedback report. Just standing there while typing basically. /Report does not work for me. It said thank you but never gave me a screen to report anything. /Bug did pop up a screen but before I was finished I got booted out of game again to character screen.
    It has been a long, long time since this sort of thing has happened to me. I have no issues staying in-game on live.

Bank and broker is as expected. One thing I was curious about. Is maybe the copy issue with houses due to the actual number of house we have? It is much larger than ever before. None of my house have been published.
  18. Wanderingbat Active Member

"Call to Guild Hall does not work.. get the message "... your guild does not have an active beacon at it's hall"
    There are no Guilds on Beta Padapaw. Hence, no beacon. I believe someone already stated this in this thread. :)
  19. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

/report is a command used to report a player....it doesn't pop up a window to report anything...normally you would type
    /report Wanderingbat swearing
  20. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I have tons of houses on my main toon. Only one of them is published. None of them copied over. Did I have to be standing inside an unpublished house while doing /beta to have it copy over? Been too long since I have done beta testing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.