Be honest, where are you on the parsings?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-LoreLady, Jul 28, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Yup. Layla did amazing dps in Amend, and so did Tillion our other ranger. However Amend's conjurorers and necros (except Gisellex) didn't do near the dps that Disso's conj and necros do. Nor did Amend's assassins do the damage that Skratch and Tigruz do.
    Disso's raids are built from the ground up to maximize hate and dps. Period.
    I'm not denying that Layla parses well in Amend, because of how the raid is structured and how the other players perform. I'm still positive however, that if Layla was in Disso he'd struggle to make the top 10 and probably never make the top 5 - even when we raid with as little as 18.
  2. ARCHIVED-ChaosUndivided Guest

The thing is, not only do rangers parse sub par compared to other classes. But I would say that they more than any class have to work their ***** off just to get their, their is so much stuff going on between movement and timing required just to make it on the parse.
    Compared to a wizard who can basically stand in 1 place and press buttons.
  3. ARCHIVED-Ranvarenaya Guest

I know I can't test it out, so it's kind of a moot point, but I will have to respectfully disagree. I don't see any reason why ranger dps shouldn't or doesn't scale along with other classes, specifically with assassins. My experience has shown that as we progress through T7 I caught up and kept up, and a Necro in Lyceum is about the only time I get put to shame. We build our raids differently than Dissolution, I don't see any reason that I wouldn't be right next to Skratch and Tigruz in that setup in the same way I'm right next to Darkkeyes and Tash in SD.

By no means do I consider myself to be the epitome of ranger uberness: I still have 7 of my ranged attacks stuck at adept 3 and 3-4 gear slots that are really needing an upgrade. I doubt 'taking the Ishbu challenge' and transferring a ranger over to test things out is gonna be at the top of Lockeye's to do list, but in the interest of being fair and forthright I firmly believe that I would be squarely in the top 5 of a zone-wide Disso parse with the same buffs/debuffs as Skratch and Tigruz, unless of course there were about 5 necros in there.

I don't know what I'm missing or where my experience is so much different than others, but from looking at my 'raw data' in comparison to the parses I saw Disso post, that's the most realistic and honest conclusion I can come to.
  4. ARCHIVED-Ixnay Guest

One competent person of any dps class can always produce superior results when dps-maxed in a raid, especially when competing against others who aren't necessarily at the top of the game.
    The first thing that struck me when I came to Disso is that we killed mobs at least 3 times faster than when I was in Amend, and still at least twice as fast using only 3 groups instead of 4.
    I have a great deal of respect for Layla, but I'd bet everything I own in game that he couldn't parse top six in one of our raids. As I said, I don't believe you can grasp the situation or make such comparisons until you see it.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kraks_Aforty Guest

Post some parses, let's see it. I've had some Disso parses linked to me, and while they were good, they sure as hell aren't 2 - 3x faster than we are.
  6. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

I've raided with both guilds. You haven't. I've seen parses from both guilds. You haven't. I know that Disso normally raids everything (3P, MO and Chel'Drak included) with 18 to 20 people. I would guess that our total raid dps output with 18 is pretty equal if not better than Amend's with 24.
  7. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

I haven't seen your parses. I did, however, see Skratch posting ours. Now then, where are your parses?
  8. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

Whats the best zone for a ranger to parse in?
  9. ARCHIVED-Kraks_Aforty Guest

Last 3 Princes 11,634

I'll make sure to parse out DT which we should do tonight and post it for ya. I guarantee ya, you'll see Layla (if he's there) averaging 1200 and the wizards averaging 1200 - 1500. Afton and Iceslayeria will be in the 1100 - 1300 range. Gisellex can go at 1500 - 1800 all night long, as long as she doesn't die.

Things are much better here now, Gaige. Come to find out, just had to shed some of the fat and the meat was real lean underneath.
  10. ARCHIVED-ChaosUndivided Guest

I'd say Lyceum is the best zone for anyone to parse in, our average dps goes up 20% in Lyceum for some reason.
  11. ARCHIVED-Kraks_Aforty Guest

If Layla shows up for DT tonight, I will gladly provide you a parse.
  12. ARCHIVED-Ranvarenaya Guest

Not a comparison to Amend, but just as reference here is the same zone parsed by Disso and SD on the same day. Disso's total dps was about 1100 more than ours. There I am, right behind assassins, right above the brigand. That would be the slot occupied by the wizard in Disso's parse. By just looking at that pece of data I would imagine I would be either 2nd or 3rd on Disso's zone-wide parse, right square in the middle of their top 5.

Possible new sig:

I am a Ranger, and I don't suck.
  13. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Looking through the roster its the same old people, plus Afton and Warling. I see Zild back, I see Fungus back (wonder how long he'll stay), I see Moxi gone, I see Izura back, etc etc.
    A guild is only as good as its leader, and I played with you for nine months, so I guess I'll just say I doubt any dramatic turn arounds will take place with you at the helm.
    Amend peaked as a guild in DoF getting Godking and PoS 3rd or so WW. Its been all downhill (and a quite rough and bumpy ride) from there. It got so bad you even bailed yourself. Until you realized you had nowhere else to go.
    As for shedding fat, opinions vary but if that is directed towards me - well I think everyone who matters knows the truth. No offense to Geno and Warling but I somehow doubt the addition of two good bruisers makes up for the loss of a great one.
    Good luck with Amend, I'm sure you're there for the long haul now (or August!) considering your eyes have been opened to the reality of just how far your reputation will get you.
  14. ARCHIVED-MystaSkratch Guest

Yes, I'm begging you to show me a DT parse where you're above 13k raid dps for an hour and you have 6 classes parsing over 1200 the whole time. I'm waiting.
  15. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

3-Princes:
    Allies: (04:38) 3606191 | 12971.91 [Skratch-Decapitate-22343]
    Skratch 376288 | 1353.55-Assassin
    Ishbu 375859 | 1352.01-Conjuror
    Nooch 369530 | 1329.25-Necro
    Falcogen 301048 | 1082.91-Wizard
    Zaphear 264275 | 950.63-Brigand
    Tangarth 259655 | 934.01-Brigand
    Kobal 249134 | 896.17-Warrior Tank
    Xede 211936 | 762.36-Warlock
    Calaglin 177944 | 640.09-Illusionist
    Angua 174727 | 628.51-Troubador
    Xelus 171382 | 616.48-Coercer
    Dragorn 135965 | 489.08-Brawler Tank
    Itoock 113171 | 407.09-Crusader Tank
    Fern 98573 | 354.58-Warden
    Refrain 97361 | 350.22-Dirge
    Elrohn 84164 | 302.75-Templar
    Widem 53579 | 192.73-Fury
    Avirodar 30536 | 109.84-Inquistor
    Oopo 26497 | 95.31-Templar
    Elleffgee 23642 | 85.04-Defiler
    Uway 8308 | 29.88-Mystic
    Yavanna 0 | 0.00-Warden
    With 22. But what did the ranger parse? Because, showing raid-dps is meaningless if we're talking about rangers and you're only giving the total DPS. Stick to the thread. It's about ranger DPS.
  16. ARCHIVED-Ixnay Guest

Owned. Crac, you're your own worst enemy.
  17. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

Oh please. Nobody is going to touch me in that zone. If I dont have to do loot I promise I will break 2k raid wide dps. I think last time i did 1800 and doing loot/dkp. If that is the best zone for a ranger, this contest is over.
  18. ARCHIVED-Sokolov Guest

I see you landing in 6th. Anyone else?
  19. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

945.89 is lower than 974.90, which is 5th place. So yah, 6th place.
  20. ARCHIVED-Taucher Guest

Here's the point: .

Here's you guys: :mansad: :mansad: