Be honest, where are you on the parsings?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-LoreLady, Jul 28, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Ranvarenaya Guest

I'm not trying to compare raw numbers, as these are different when comparing SD and Disso: Disso is more dps oriented.

My 945.89 is 88.357% of Darkkeyes dps, who was top of the parse. Put me with Skratch, with a Disso dps group, and it would seem logical that I would do the same 88.357% of Skratch's dps.

That would be 1128.46 dps, right behind the wizard and 3rd. That's the only statement I'm trying to make with that comparison.
  2. ARCHIVED-MystaSkratch Guest

I think it's a valid point. Maybe 900whatever dps is 3rd, and close to the assassins, but how come the assassins aren't doing 1200+? Does Disso know how to debuff a mob more or know more about how to buff a character than SD? I doubt it. We're talking 2 high end guilds here, the variations in groups, etc. should be minimal.
  3. ARCHIVED-Ranvarenaya Guest

There are only 24 slots in a raid, and only so many things you can maximize with a limited number of slots. As someone previously stated, Disso sets up to maximize hate and dps, then fills in the rest. We are quite a bit different, and the best-case scenario for my dps (and assassins) is nowhere near maximum dps. In fact, I do about 10% more dps in a full raid than I do in a single group. There is plenty of potential for an increase in my dps due to group setup, but with our tank-centric setup we are able to kill everything in the game except the Matron, so I'm not gonna be in Exill's ear begging for him to change so I can put up a higher raw number.
  4. ARCHIVED-MystaSkratch Guest

Right, but unless you're willing to, or willing to xfer servers, that's not any way to make a comparison. I don't understand why a dps class isn't in a dps group I guess...
  5. ARCHIVED-Sokolov Guest

Numbers are funny as it is all about intrepretation.

Observe.

Even a % based calculation shows that you did 8% of your guild's DPS.

8% of Disso's would land you at 1039, 4th place at best. And it is likely you will do less from a % of total raid DPS prespective there - so I don't see 6th being unreasonable.
  6. ARCHIVED-Ranvarenaya Guest

So i guess our difference in perspective is thus: I believe that rangers can benefit from increases in dps buffs in a manner similar to assassins and brigands, and you believe that I'm pretty much capped and wouldn't get any higher regardless of setup: and Disso's dps classes are just so much better than me that I would plummet down the parse if I was with them on raid rather than scale according to their setup.

On a side note, Disso has said that they usually have less than 24 on a raid, so with fewer dps classes I would likely contribute greater than 8% of the raid's total. BTW, 4th is closer to 3rd than 6th anyway.
  7. ARCHIVED-MystaSkratch Guest

No need to get all defensive about something you can't even prove here. Although I'd like to know what I'm getting done to me that your assassins aren't where I'm putting out 2-300 more dps zone wide...
  8. ARCHIVED-Ranvarenaya Guest

I'm not on the defensive, I like the debate. (B.A. in Philosophy and seldom a place to apply it) I would be curious myself to see what would happen if Disso and SD traded group setup for a raid and compared, but I doubt either of us are gonna start sending strategy guides to the other, so the best we can do is go back and forth with theory and speculation, which is plenty engaging for me.

Message Edited by Ranvarenaya on 07-29-2006 02:29 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-geron02 Guest

well whatever your using to "collect" this data is obviously broken......im a brigand..spose to be t2ish whatever dps but i dont think i've ever been beaten by a ranger..even a WELL equipped one for that matter...rangers are broke and no matter what you tell us we know they are
  10. ARCHIVED-Lexani- Guest

11. ARCHIVED-Ranvarenaya Guest

Axkiva, I think you may be pleasantly surprised. It may take a few pulls to adjust and figure out how to max your damage as it has changed so dramatically recently, but we are much better off (IMO) than we were when you went into retirement.
  12. ARCHIVED-Wil81115 Guest

13. ARCHIVED-LoreLady Guest

Ranvarenaya, you have a debating degree, retort this for me will ya..

For agruement sake, lets assume the ranger and assassin are getting equal parsings on raids. Lets also assume these people have equal gear, equal level, equal aa's.

Now, one person plays there character and is able to stand still while getting there peak damage. The other moves around back and forth paying full attention and running back and forthlike a madman while spamming each and every CA to achieve equal damage.

Now, lets say that both classes start going running back and forth to achieve there highest damage. How equal is the system going to be then?

Now incase I am not making myself clear.. On auto attack alone a assassin does 100% melee damage. A ranger will take advantage of ranged and melee auto attack while moving around to get 80% melee auto attack, 80% ranged (assuming theres a 20% gap when running back and forth). Now the assassin is getting the same damage as a ranger at 100% melee, the ranger is getting the same damage at a mixed 160% total.

A while back morguard said to the ranger community "if rangers are getting 50% damage from procs than that needs to be fixed".. Well, wouldent this apply here?
  14. ARCHIVED-MystaSkratch Guest

So, which one is just sitting there getting all thier peak damage? It's not assassins, at least, not this one.
  15. ARCHIVED-LoreLady Guest

Sitting still as in, spamming all there melee CA's and staying behind the mob. This scenario isent ment to have assassins with there thumb up there bum and there mind in neutral.
  16. ARCHIVED-Geoff77 Guest

posting these ambiguoous parses is pointless...unless you have the exact same raid makeup, and the exact same skilled people playing each class. Adn so many of these "proof parses" hurt your argument. In some areas, you have two of the same class doing wildy different amounts of damage. Know what that means? It means they aren't as well equipped, aren't in as functional a group setup, or ....*gasp*, aren't the same skill level. Sorry guys, I have seen it up close and in person, where we had a ranger join our guild, and then parse 1/2 of what a competent ranger parsed. And always the response is "whoa, how do I do that?!?" Same goes for just about every class.

Now you've got Lockeye, who's atleast showing you the time of day and addressing your concerns (see when the last time a dev posted in the warlock forums, for example), and you refute him based one what....your superior data? Guys, he's got numbers and figures you couldn't even come close to matching.
  17. ARCHIVED-Lexani- Guest

It's ok im tanking this week anyway so it'll have to wait :)
  18. ARCHIVED-MystaSkratch Guest

It would be super if we could see those numbers!
  19. ARCHIVED-Lexani- Guest

LOL on a side note i went with a pu raid to lab the other night on axkiva and died like 8 times from pulling agro..... The tank blew [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]................

Also the rangers that are "toping the parse" what aa lines did you end up going with im assumeing you took the agi line to the end but what was your end aa makeup?
  20. ARCHIVED-LoreLady Guest

Well, we have dissolusion backing us up. None of them are rangers, and they know what they are talking about.. None of them are rangers.. There are people from nearly every other class backing rangers up here.

And, getting parsings isent a bad thing.. If there is even ONE guild that is showing "reasonable" numbers in that parse we will stop and ask how and why. Unfortunatly, my mind is not at ease. The evidence and data that have been provided does not satisfy me, untill I see parsings otherwise (and not pets with a ranger name) I will continue this. And so will everyone else.

As for your second paragraph.. Raw data, and parsings show otherwise. While I dont expect anyone to go to the extent Sokolov or myself did.. I would love to see a ranger whos averaging 200-400 dps than myself.