Be honest, where are you on the parsings?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-LoreLady, Jul 28, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

You do realise Npc's no longer have physical mitigation. If there are differences in damage per zone its either due to resistances or debuffs.
  2. ARCHIVED-scl Guest

I'm a little disillusioned by Lockeye's post. What is pretty obvious is SOE's class measuring tools don't work, and this is the data they use to balence the game? God help us all in that case...
  3. ARCHIVED-slicewalker Guest

hmm devs say were not broke then iknow for a fact rangers have huge damage for the first 10-20 seconds off any fight but the game mechanics just dont allow rangers to sustain the burst damage im from a small casual raidin gyild just getting into t7 and i can put out an zone wide average of around 900 dps with all legendry few fableds i parse every fight at start well over 1600 dps and then just see the numbers fall off as we just cant keep it up then on long fights with timers back up another huge burst but not at all sustainable but hey what do i know were officially not broke
  4. ARCHIVED-Naku9 Guest

If i was still on nektulos, I'd probably do it, but then if I was there I probably wouldn't have been geared up well, but then again Myrmidons #1 :smileyvery-happy:

As for what skratch posted before with princes, I'd be right there with the rges, maybe a little more or less on the fight, but why would you want a ranger for similar dps when rges do that + have really nice debuffs?
  5. ARCHIVED-Sirlutt Guest

ding ding ding we have a winner.

its not the DPS, its what else you bring. whether or not the rangers in any one guild are parseing up near the top is irrelevent. Its the fact that you could easily replace them with any number of other DPS classes and probably have a stronger raid force thats the issue.

Ask for utility, not DPs increases. They dont have a parser to tell you Ranger utility is fine.

Rangers need arrow costs/usage fixed and something to bring to the raid beyond what is not earth shattering DPS. The DPS iksnt awesome like it was, it isnt sucky like some beleive (unless your not putting in the effort) .. but it does take alot of work to get the DPS and Rangers dont have anything else to offer. They suck up buffs and give nothing back to the group.

Rangers are buff leeches !!! LOL..
  6. ARCHIVED-BSbongo Guest

sorry i dont parse anymore. numbers hurt my head like math an stuff.
  7. ARCHIVED-Tseri Guest

When are you going to understand that we don't want utility? We want damage! We want to be able to do that damage that we should do since that's all we bring. We have nothing else, everyone else brings something to the table. Give us our T1 DPS back, not a fraction of someone else's jobs smished together.

I have zero interest in being a HYBRID of a Rogue and an Assassin, or whatever other "utility" they feel like sticking us with to shut us up.

I am a RANGER. Not a mix of some other classes utility and damage.
  8. ARCHIVED-Dragoon70000 Guest

Hey Rangers, I'm sorry to say but some of you must not understand what your doing, our rangers number one on the parse at around 1400 90% of the time. Not only is he there but me as a Troubador am parsing around 850 dps on average. I duno if its just me who thinks this but it sounds like a slacking issue here.
  9. ARCHIVED-MaxXNosaj Guest

I have to agree. On our raids we generally have a necro, a conjie, a wizard, 2 warlocks, 2 rangers, a swash (myself), and 1 or 2 brigands. The specific order of who's on top on dps is never exactly the same, obviously, but generally number 1 was either the wizard or brigand #1 who /specifically/ set herself up to maximize dps--that includes gear, poisons, AA's, etc., so don't take that as meaning that brigands need to be nerfed. Following those two was generally the necro/rangers/conjie, followed by the swash and brigand #2, followed by whoever else was on the raid.

AGAIN, that's just generally how our dps falls on raids, which is entirely in line with what all of the devs have been trying to tell you guys. I'm not going to try to list any hard numbers because with context numbers are meaningless, and it's the context that many of you who are crying for a fix are failing to provide. What zone were you in, and what mob or set of mobs were you fighting? What was the group makeup, not only for you, but for every other person in your parse? Information like this is critical in determining whether or not a class is actually broken.

On a single mob, a brigand will almost always out-dps me; vice versa, if we get a group of 'trash' mobs in a raid zone, I can pop off my haste/dps buffs, Inspiration, AE's, and Hurricane, and I'm almost guaranteed to out-dps the brigand. DPS is never stable, never will be. There's too many variables, and without taking everything into consideration, you simply cannot accurately claim X class is broken.
  10. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

Post some parses, not just random numbers.
    Posting random numbers are meaningless. Exact parses are key.

But either way, nothing against most guilds, but just from looking at Lyceum parses, *ugh* :\
  11. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

This is why zone-wide parses exist. They make it so that every different kind of encounter is counted. From that single mob encounter, to that group of 6.
  12. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Layla is a very good ranger that parsed well in Amend. However, I seriously doubt he could break the top 6 in Disso even with Bazkul.
  13. ARCHIVED-Gareorn Guest

I didn't spend "so much time," I spent about a minute and a half. I was just pointing out that you are nothing more than a whinny little product of vaginal infection who came here to gloat. I'm not trying to ruin your creditbility, I stated the fact that you have no creditibility. Wipe your nose, pick up your nap mat, and go home.
  14. ARCHIVED-Ixnay Guest

Nobody ever understands or believes the damage until they behold it for the first time.
  15. ARCHIVED-Kraks_Aforty Guest

I imagine Layla parses higher than almost all of your DPS people on a very regular basis. He's always top 3 on our raids, and our top 3 are almost always 1500 - 2k
  16. ARCHIVED-Kraks_Aforty Guest

I've actually seen your parses and would love to see more, honestly. If 1500 - 2k wouldn't land him top 5 on every single target fight, I'd be shocked.
  17. ARCHIVED-MystaSkratch Guest

I imagine not. /shrug
  18. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Having spent time in both guilds and seeing players from both parse, and the time in which zones are cleared and mobs die - I would say you are wrong.
  19. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

Crac, be a man, post the parses that show 1.5-2k dps. Don't just say 1.5-2k. Show the exact parses.

Exaggerating the figures does nothing to help the obvious ranger problem, it only hurts it.
  20. ARCHIVED-Katsugen Guest

This is actually exactly what I was getting at. I sat at the top of our parses for a while, and after alot of data collecting we recently let everyone see exactly how much they were slacking off. After that every raid since has been each person busting their butts. Now honestly, I kinda expected my DPS to stay the same or maybe go up a little. Infact my numbers have actually gotten worse. I'm still racking my brain on the root cause and how I can adjust. But my point is as over all raid dps increases I don't think you will see ranger dps scale as well as other classes.

-Katsugen