Battlegrounds, Battlegrounds never change…except when they do. [BG Beta Feedback Thread]

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Caith, Sep 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alarra Well-Known Member

I reckon we should have mercs or something brought in to make it interesting when there are less than 3 players on a team and they go away when the 3rd player joins the group.

That way it will be interesting even when there aren't many players about.

Don't make them dumb dumb either, make them mixed with the dumb dumb merc and the awesome merc and they become a different type when they die. Keeping it fresh.
  2. Alarra Well-Known Member

I also believe that after we die and enter the safe zone we should be ported outside 1 minute after being auto revived. Giving plenty of time to rebuff. But whether you want to reform to do something that is another thing.
    To stop the huddling and cowering in the safe zones or just boom booming from your safe zone with impunity
  3. Alarra Well-Known Member

Another piece of feedback, since the quests are supposed to change once an hour, whenever we enter Champions respite add a message in chat what the current quest is.
    When it changes, get the quest giver to shout it out in the zone so we are all on the same page.
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Alarra Well-Known Member

Add me to your friends list Halls_of_fate.Alarra, send me a tell if you wanna do some BG.
    I really suck at them, but I do enjoy them and am willing to help beta test to make them better.
  5. Ishtara Well-Known Member

This is a beta for testing, not a finished product. With the current level of problems there is only so much testing you can do, there is really little to no fun in playing when people are running around and one shotting each other, it is very understandable that the queue is not full 24/7 when it is in such a state. One of the last matches I played was a 2v1 in Gears, me on a 100 mage vs two lowbies and I killed them again and again without them even being able to scratch my health (which is not fun for me or them). So after chatting in /shout we decided to cease fire and come to the middle and just test stuff, I was the training dummy while they beat on me for the duration of the match. I did not attack the entire time (except auto) while their healer held the relic and both attacked. Combined it took them approximately 8 minutes to... trigger my deathsave. On closer inspection I noticed that their names appeared in color (green etc) which may suggest that level scaling is not working and submitted that information here. I think Alarra's suggestion of trying to coordinate more and personally I think creating a list of things to specifically test would be very helpful towards our efforts. This process is going to take time and people need to have patience.

Perhaps you didn't notice but the Devs specifically asked that persons posting in this thread have actually tested the current BG's and provide feedback on that topic ONLY. So please go test and provide relevant feedback, we are eagerly awaiting your reply.

On the topic of deathsaves... it occurred to me that this AA will provide a major advantage for players 95+ especially Necros which will need to be killed 3 times. Lower players will not have access to this feature, thoughts anyone?
    Nevermind and Prissetta like this.
  6. Alarra Well-Known Member

My thoughts as posted elsewhere is that all players should be buffed to level 100 with 350 AA and epic spells when in BG's as there is too much disparity with spells and abilities to be able to balance it correctly with just pure scaling. Low level healers for instance will not have access to group cure until level 42, most class defining spells come at level 50-58. Anyone lower than level 80 will not have access to epic spells.
    I have heard from many members that level 20 PVP is very fun as well, so that would be a scenario to explore once BG's gain more traction.

My thoughts on gear scaling are probably a coding nightmare, but to use level reference and the current gear tier giving a slight increase in stats. Making it scale only slightly per tier, making it noticeable but not balance breaking.
    Anyone below the current expansion gear gets put on the green stat baseline, anyone with current expansion gear will get a 0.2% per slot of gear boost to all green stats and further 0.2% for each tier above that to a maximum of 20% increase in total stats.
    All blue stats will come from AA's and spells I guess.
    Then they only have to set the current expansion tag on new gear and 0 out the old expac. Would probably make it easier to manage long term, but whether it ends up being fun is another question.
    Ishtara likes this.
  7. Ishtara Well-Known Member

This is the one part I don't really don't know how to feel about. Unfortunately not all AA a created equal and I feel like some classes are going to get left in the dust, choosing gear to make up the differences is the only thing that brings them to the table. Yet at the same time I can't think of a solution for this and if it comes to not perfect BGs or no BGs obviously I want the former.
  8. Alarra Well-Known Member

This is so true, there have been suggestions about casting speed/reuse being maxxed at 100% to make people feel more like live and to eliminate the major advantage that chanters would have in that area.
    If they did decide to make a move on blue stats, we would need to look at the AA abilities that would give certain classes major advantages such as with chanters and casting speed from the AGI line, and bezerkers with their epic buff that gives them 100% AE auto. There are others and things would have to be looked at other than just AA.
    However, it should be noted that these are/were class defining abilities and making blue abilities a flat curve would not really make things fun.
  9. Exur Well-Known Member

I still say, bring all the overseer gear back and wipe out the gear cost. Make only BG gear usable in BGs. Give token rewards for the adornments your planning to reward for PvE play... but again, the gear used in BG matches is well... BG gear that everyone has access too. That gear is not all cookie cutter and you can customize it how you want. The fights now become about skill and who specifically how you adjusted your gear, picked your PvP adornments and group with friends When Overseer geared players fought other Overseer players or even groups... the PvP combat was good.

STOP trying to adjust and scale to make this work. Give the gear that worked, disable the rest, ENABLE some achievements and Feldon can create a BG leaderboard with (which he said he would do) and forever setup BGs for well... fun! You won't need to touch it every again if you don't want to or have time for.

... this gives the rewards you're already trying to do and doesn't demand PvP scaling and adjusting you don't have time for. Everytime you release new PvE gear it messes up BGs... stop the madness and lock it down. Basically stop trying to over think all this.
  10. Alarra Well-Known Member

It seems as though they disabled AA's completely for the moment. Prestige is still there, but you can't change them unless you return to live server.
  11. Kapri2000 New Member

I agree with everything said here. You guys should maybe take some bits and pieces from the GW and GW2 model, with how they handle gear and such. There is no reason why players can't have an alternate set of armor that stays in BG's.
  12. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

You know what, you can throw hateful words or water balloons at me since I have been partially responsible for the push for the BG updates. After witnessing the last 2 weeks I have come to the conclusion that it either doesn't need to happen or Exur has the idea. The issues are starting fires on other servers and items/abilities are directly impacted. Before it goes any further and breaks everything I think we should assess the damages and rethink it. As much as I wanted to have even the slightest bit of PvP I don't think its worth it if the issues I have been seeing reappear or become worse.
  13. Exur Well-Known Member

Funny you say that. I mentioned the GW2 model for BGs about a month ago. It works and takes all this silliness out of the equation. The Overseer gear PvP combat was/is decent with an AA/Prestige tweak here and there. Get all this new PvE gear out and your PvP combat will be relatively healthy for dev to get a better handle on and review. EQ2's historical PvP problem is they introduce a ton of PvE gear often with no regard for PvP. Just lock the gear down so it doesn't continuously break PvP every 6 months. It's the best case scenario for everyone involved.... we can stop stealing valuable PvE dev time and be happen with our PvP combat. And btw... I've confirmed with dev and Feldon BG Leader boards would be done with just adding achievement... which I also confirmed with dev is synced back to your live characters to be tracked by Feldon (who also said he's up for adding this BG Leaderboard to his site). Less path of resistance and imho.. the most fun.
    Ishtara likes this.
  14. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Has it started rewarding coins yet after patch? I don't mind beta testing bg's but not getting rewards for it sucks. I can't zone in because my server doesn't patch till later.
  15. Druantia Member

So I just tried the BG's tonight. Quests aren't giving rewards for completing. Channeler seems completely broken as AA's are useless and abilities like dissipate are greyed out while tanks are still getting death prevents etc. Heals seem to be nonexistant as well.... at least direct group heals which other than channeler abilities that use dissonance that takes FOREVER to dissipate do almost nothing. I agree with removing procs and blue stats off gear, but ffs at least let us use our AA abilities! Also you might just want to write in a rule that everyone's cast / reuse speeds are capped at zero.
  16. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

I think it needs to be shut down all together. It has already proven to be not only a detriment to the game currently but it will also take time away from the next expac, which will need all the attention it can get. Attempt failed. Gotta know when to throw in the towel and this has given multiple signs. I feel bad for even requesting this to receive attention now.
    Tekka likes this.
  17. Creasote Well-Known Member

While it may be sad for you to admit this, I see you have finally come to recognize the reality that there is very little to no chance they will do this right for reasons I would rather not beat a dead horse over.

The game population is not healthy enough to support having have two sets of separate gear, one for pve and one for pvp. You won't have the cross over of pve players queuing for BGs if they have to earn separate pvp gear to participate and frankly I don't blame them. Who has time to do this. Unless you make the BG gear easily obtainable but even so raiders will complain their gear should be better.

It's a no win situation. There is no way they will have time or resources to balance pve gear with bg gear. It will fail miserably.

Someone mentioned the adornment idea which I like. Just make all gear equal in BGs with adorns being the only separation. Have some kind of respectable method to make the adorns earnable in both pve and pvp.
    Nevermind likes this.
  18. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

You can go ahead and claim what you will about BG's as a whole but honestly we didn't ask for this.

First off I never agreed with their method of addressing the damage. Kander made a claim that they had coding to correct one-shotting. Never was there a mention of anything beyond that. They have not addressed anything beyond that either. There is no gear you can buy. This has absolutely nothing to do with separate gear. They won't use the old system so according to all of the issues that came out of testing the new one I would say to close it up. The gear has to be there. Raiders should have better gear as you mentioned above. I said in the forums back in July that I feel it should be on par with Heroic gear.

I still to this day don't understand why things need to change so drastically? Do they have something to prove? Because that isn't working in their favor atm. Do they feel like they have to remove every ounce of SoE from this game to claim its "their" game? Possibly. Point is that I can realistically see it working. I also made mention in July that it should be minor updates so they have time to focus on the new expac and address the other server concerns. Where are we now..... This is getting so far out of hand it seems like every corner you turn you run into 2 more ****s they could give. I am standing right at that line drawn in the sand about now.
  19. Feldon Well-Known Member

EQ2 Live is the windshield that Battlegrounds bugs keep hitting.
  20. Ratitz Active Member

Guys.

CMON GUIS
    Don't derail the thread!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.