Zerker Sustained

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Kalipto, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Brohg Augur

Wizards lost a lot of sustained damage, Behelit, most especially self buffed, when the Prolonged Destruction AA was changed. Arcane Destruction has subsequently been changed to match it, too. Previous to that, we were nerfed on Wildmagic, and rains. Really, though, lost just an enormous amount. I was in group gear doing 70k+dps over the course of TDS timetrials while 2boxing, previously, which it sounds like you were familiar with. After looting raid fire & magic focus plus 2h for extra proc I now work hard to keep up 50. Stacking crit mods is a big deal for raid boosted burns, but that's not we're talking about.

Beimeith's parse isn't cherry picked or manipulated. In fact, it looks SUPER similar to this one of 50 mobs in a TBM partisan mission I did in Sul Vius two weeks ago:

Combined: Fate Rewards the Bold 11/19 in 1115s, 208751k @187220
    | Berserker + pets 97575k@(93284 in 1046s) [46.74%]
    | Wizard (my box) 43598k@(43773 in 996s) [20.88%]
    | Warrior (me) + pets 31344k@(28111 in 1115s) [15.01%]
    | Ranger 27278k@(26104 in 1045s) [13.07%]
    | Druid + pets 7323k@(7103 in 1031s) [3.51%]
    | Shaman + pets 1633k@(1554 in 1051s) [0.78%]

We got 4 Ruchus. There's no bard. The ranger must have been falling asleep, we didn't get from him. His terrible damage should serve to show there weren't any Headshot mobs, though. Also, apparently didn't get from druid vis a vis Frostweave or Blackwolf for wizard. Husband & wife there, maybe they were…distracted.

I tanked every mob on the warrior, no riposte shenanigans for the Ber.

I promise you I'm not a wizard. Didn't slack.

So how many of who in the world do you hang out with that's supposed to drag your ill-defined "average berserker" down by 50kdps, Behelit? It's not you doing so poorly. It's not anyone Beimeith runs with, or me. So we need to find like a dozen berserkers doing like 20kdps each while still hitting their buttons (before we find another one you'd call exceptional)(psst, I know several) to get there.

It's not an envy driven witch hunt. You're in a good spot, it's cool. Just not necro clubbing this one, man.
  2. SneakyFast Journeyman

hmmmm, how might this confusion be resolved....

Knowledge for all! I am still very interested in this; if you have time/etc.
  3. Behelit Augur

Yes a boxed Wizard only doing 43k, this is quality data! I take it back, Wizards ARE underpowered and need immediate boosts.
  4. Naugrin Augur

Personally, I wasn't saying or implying that wizzies needed a boost. Also when I talked of wizzies and zerks being close, I was speaking of all night raid parses which include tons of adps and deaths (most notably when learning Damsel lol).

That being said, there has certainly been some shifts as to what classes we see in the top 10 and the order in which they place. From all that I have seen since launch, our zerkers are doing pretty great. During tbs there were a lot of wizard and necro heavy parses. Thus far, TBM has given us a far more varied mix on top of the parse.

I'm sure there will be some changes as everyone gets comfortable with individual events though. Atleast that's normally how it's seemed in the past.
  5. Dre. Altoholic

Consider that boxed, group-geared Wizard is within 25% of Beimeth's numbers... I'd say he's doing pretty well. Not sure what kind of buffs/gear the Zerk had but it sure doesn't sound like ideal adps either.

I was a little worried about War/Zerk balance when Wars got 2H proficiency but things seem to be in a good place on the high end at least.
  6. Kaliko Augur

I think the issue here is the parses vary because you say there is 184 mobs in total and in that time frame thats 11 seconds per mob to kill..... so in that case the wizard is almost always going to be lower because of a less chance of getting nukes off in such a small time frame. If your group took on average 30+ seconds to kill mobs the zerkers for sure would be less superior to a wizard, right now wizards dps is insane with and without adps.
  7. Leex Pewpewer

Zerker sustained with a Bard is nuts..Seen one the other night sustain 300k for over 500 seconds..
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

~80 of the mobs were low hp mobs that died in seconds. The other 105ish "normal" mobs had an average kill time of about 30-40 seconds.
  9. Arcainos Augur

would love to see those parses..
  10. Triconix Augur

I just came here excited to see how long it would take to call another guild's members out about how bad they are at their class and how the other guild is far superior.

Needless to say, I wasn't disappointed with the quick turn around at the personal jabs. :D
  11. Maedhros High King

In about an hour of chain pulling in Crypt of Sul - clearing the 3 mobs in the room with the devourer named, the entire room with the watcher named, and the 4 sentinels at the zone in here is what we parsed loosely approx:

#1 Paladin 34k
    #2 Necro 30k
    #3 Berserker 24k
    #4 Berserker 20k
    #5 SK 14k
    #6 Cleric 10k

It was a thrown together group from my guild - no ADPS at all for the Berserkers, and obviously undead or I would never have been up that high, but I admit I expected to see higher numbers from the zerkers.
    Both pretty well put together toons with the lower Zerk using Scindio and the higher Zerk using the Monsoon from Vim and Vigor(/boggle at the stun proc).

I play a berserker alt pretty well, always thought an extension to the duration of their killing spree aa would help a lot in the group game. If it was doubled in duration they would be cranking more dps and that much more likely to get the killshots and proc it again before it dropped. No need to dramatically alter the class if an easy solution already exists.
  12. Dre. Altoholic

Pretty sure it doesn't stack with battle leap/war stomp. I think the zerk version is fully sustainable.
  13. Maedhros High King

I hope that's not the case, though I cant log in to confirm right now.
  14. Brudal Augur

Killing spree is 30, battle stomp III is 45.

15. sojero One hit wonder

That looks like a very low end group for raid geared toons. SK with raid gear that is pretty much auto attack. Zerkers should have been much much higher than that. Least the cleric was casting turn undead.... as each persons DPS goes up so does everyone elses, sadly that is a bad parse to show, and I would say that is average or below average for group geared toons.
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I live to serve
  17. Maedhros High King

Haha ok bud. I'd be curious to see a parse of a group of your guildies, if an SK tank in T1 COTF is even able to tank enough of these mobs at a time to keep those 3 rooms clear.

You understand that a parse is as much a product of the mobs involved as the characters attacking them right?
  18. Zalamyr Augur

Wouldn't bard epic and fierce eye benefit the wizard more than the berserker? Seems like 24% crit nuke chance + 12% crit nuke damage is more impactful than accuracy +140, proc rate +300, and hit crit damage 12%.

I don't think higher fierce eye/epic uptime would have changed the zerker parse much, but would change the wizard parse quite a bit. I never thought fierce eye and epic did much for melees, but maybe I'm wrong. Curious to know.
  19. sojero One hit wonder

I did the camp last night with 2 other people and we kept 2 rooms down and had downtime in between, I will be gone for the weekend so will give you a parse some time next week when I am home. we had 2 shield augs drop in 2 hrs :)

There is nothing special about the mobs, therefor no its the players that make the parse, not the mobs. If you are talking about a raid where you have to run away, or tita shield phase, maybe, but those mobs have none of that, so its all on the toons and the group makeup.

Also, My zerker sustains higher than that without ADPS, so they were slacking or something....
  20. Kaliko Augur

That's pretty low numbers imo for a zerker even without adps in crypt of sul, the only way to know if they were slacking is to post hit counts, spell usage, etc and everything like that because any raid geared melee in this day and age can sustain 40k+ dps easily in a group as long as they aren't conserving burns.