Xorbb Raid: What a retune

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mikestab, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Mikestab Elder

That's some considerable downgrading to the difficulty of this event.

- Guardian of the Gate - Modified the event so its difficulty is closer to other events in its tier:
    - - Reduced the amount of damage Findlewill and Mordaur do.
    - - Findlewill will only choose one target to cast a fireball on.
    - - Fireballs move a bit more slowly now, giving you a better chance to run away!
    - The Return of King Xorbb - Raid and Mission - Several changes were made to prevent potential zone crashes: Brantun no longer has the power to crystallize his opponents, and the Soul Stealer no longer uses an aura to steal power.
  2. krozman Augur

It was due for a retune given the fact that it would probably still be harder than anything T3 has to offer. Now people can work toward T3/T4 without the unreasonable fits guilds had beating it. As of today there are 10 guilds on this event who haven't beat it, and will probably beat it on day 1 following the patch.
  3. Elricvonclief Augur

I"m glad to see the adjustment, the events were painful at times.
  4. Hatsee Augur

Odd choices to make it 'easier'.
  5. Recnarp Augur

Nerf pets with the intention that guilds can't use them on events like Xorbb 1.

Nerf Xorbb 1 so no one will even need to use pets.

Makes sense.
    Mintalie likes this.
  6. Langya Augur

Not at all. Xorbb 1 isn't going to be the expansion defining raid anymore so it only makes sense.
    As it is now, if people want to use AT's for the fireball emotes, they have to use GINA or GTT which are third party. Raids should not require third party software to win. Granted, Xorbb 1 also has the big yellow text splash so the term "require" is used loosely.

Also, if the intent of the raid is a balance fight, the reduced distractions from fire balls will allow it to be a bit more accessible. Especially combined with some other content included in the patch tomorrow which may require the balance fight to be the only way to win. The uptick is the raid should go much faster. Yes some will claim they have been doing the raid the "right way" since the start, but you have already earned the bragging rights :rolleyes:. These cycles of raids getting re-tuned after their relevance has been diminished is nothing new.
    Elricvonclief and Pirlo like this.
  7. Noobieguy Augur

Just hope the emotes are working... Tested it a few times last week and an important emote was not working correctly.
  8. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

- The Return of King Xorbb - Raid and Mission - Several changes were made to prevent potential zone crashes: Brantun no longer has the power to crystallize his opponents, and the Soul Stealer no longer uses an aura to steal power.
    Why? :(
    Axxius likes this.
  9. Robnie Augur

The fireballs were easy, wtb nerfed shadowsteps/mem blurs.
  10. Atvar Augur

You absolutely don't need third party software for fireball AT's. If you can't bother to look at your chat window to see if Findlewill shouted your name, there's really no hope for you.
  11. Reht The Dude abides...

You may not need them, but the average player probably does (or did), it only takes one or two screw ups on the original fireball emote in the right place and right time to decimate a raid. Do you have to have them, no, does it make significantly easier, yes! Significantly easier in this situation still left an event in need of serious re-tuning.
    Cmax likes this.
  12. Axxius Augur

But that was his only reason for existing! He's not even KOS.

What does he do now?? Cry quietly in the corner? :(
    Ronak, Elricvonclief and Pirlo like this.
  13. pk76 Augur

i don't use GTT or GINA for xorbb 1 and never missed an emote , i am using AT&T text to speech ..( telling me " run far away " ) when the fireball emote is landing .

, it fire everytime it 's casted , i got a window with only "" other"" in it , so i can see the 3 names who had the fireball emote ., very easy to check .
    Son of a... likes this.
  14. Theka Elder

i think that retune is BS if my guild full of mouth breathers can beat it anyone should be able to
    Uxtalzon and Voodoman like this.
  15. Robnie Augur

That sob goes after me everytime, he will be crying in the corner after I get done with him :mad:
    Pirlo likes this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

But I like my ATs!

Nothing like having Captain Jack Sparrow saying stupid things to me to get me to follow emotes...made boring emote infested raids far more fun. :)

Findle emote used to be "stop blowing holes in my ship" I thought it fitted rather well. :D
  17. Langya Augur

Well, now your guild of mouth breathers won't have to spend as much time on these events in order to farm and some other guild might get to have the enjoyment of finally beating this event. Some of you must honestly derive your only satisfaction in life witnessing others fail, though.

As for ATs, or not: Its personal preference. If you are that much of a Bad A where you don't need to use them...Great! The objective is to not miss the emote. Hard way or easy way the goal is the same.
  18. Gringot Journeyman

I'm glad this is happening. My guild has been working on this event for over 2 weeks and making little progress. Events like this spiral some guilds down the toilet. People get frustrated, stop playing and then the raid leaders get nasty. Calling people stupid for missing emotes, or yelling that we will never progress when people only log on for the loot targets. These events are guild killers!
  19. Kuniva Lorekeeper

If you want EZ-Mode raiding, go play one of those other MMORPG's.
  20. Reht The Dude abides...

Maybe you should try the raid before deciding this tuning pass makes it EZ-Mode and telling people to go play other MMORPGS
    Imrahil likes this.