Xorbb Raid: What a retune

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mikestab, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Ronak Augur

The spam is quite a big deal though. Perhaps that's the challenge of the mob.
  2. Zzlaarr Elder

Most of the changes are more annoying than anything else or even making it easier...

Xorbb 1
    • 1 Fireball or 3? Who cares, it still infects everyone that's close to Findle at the time when it spawns.
      I hate script mechanisms that punish the whole raid just because some individuals can't follow emotes. For all I care, just DT any *beep* that cannot follow simple emotes for <insert random reason> noone else but that individual can be blamed for. Maybe one day they will learn or just quit if they grow tired of getting DT'ed.
      Not even gonna start about script mechanisms that cannot be avoided due to design flaws ...
    • Fireball slower..., great if you don't want to get infected you now have to wait even longer till you can resume bashing Findle... /facepalm
    • Before the changes I did not care for the Fireball debuff/dot and just ducked it off in due time. Now ducking off seems to be less reliable than before, most of the time it seems to not work and the AE goes off no matter what you do, thus leaving completely avoiding it as the only viable option now.
    • Emote changes (the way it was done)... :rolleyes:
    Xorbb 3
    • Soulstealer aura changed...err what? why? pardon? ... More annoying than ever. Just delete dispells from the NPC spell database...
    • Brantun changes ... well if that's the only way to prevent the zone crashes, so be it.
    Xorbb 3 was perfectly fine aside the zone crashes, there was no need to "retune" imo.
    Xorbb 1 really has other issues that should be looked at if making it "easier" was the goal of the retune.

Regarding events that are "too hard" or "ez-mode" ...
    Personally, I like hard events that require quite some time to be figured out how to beat them. But after actually figuring them out, it should only be a matter of performance and strategy execution.
    But events with random, unavoidable "wipe the complete raid" mechanisms you really can't do anything about are just a nuisance.
  3. boukk_sebilis Augur

Exact, xorbb 1 changes, changed nothing, xorbb 3 dispell mob changes made it even more annoying since you cant avoid dispell anymore.
  4. Zaph Augur

Indeed, to only echo what has been said previously.

Both X1 and X3 are now both HARDER than before, great way of nerfing them...

X1 fireballs are flawed to the core, and slower is much worse.
    and the emotes, how can you mess this up so much?

X3 dispell "aura" is now over double what it was - so what was the change exactly supposed to do?

as for Brantun, who cares what he casts, hes usually dead before he gets to know what his own name is more often than not.
  5. Axxius Augur

That depends on how your raid handles it. We have always avoided getting anywhere near the aura. The only difference now is that casters/rangers need to stay further away. But otherwise no noticeable spam.

The real change is that Brantun doesn't crystallize people directly anymore (i.e. bypassing the debuff). That changes him from the most critical part of the event to a non-factor. Don't even need to burn him anymore. Now that's a huge nerf.
  6. Axxius Augur

Are you in a guild that used to gate from fireballs? ;) That's the only possible explanation I can think of for claiming that Xorbb 1 is HARDER now. The nerf on both mobs' dps alone makes Xorbb 1 a pushover. Mordaur is hitting for 30k and doesn't even kill the people he summons most of the time now. Findlewill's rampage used to mean death for random unlucky people each time she'd warp - no more. Fireball doesn't really move all that much slower. 3 staggered fireballs took much longer. Of course if you never had any fireballs (i.e. gated) - yeah it's harder for you now. :p

And Xorbb 3, if the dispel spam is a problem for you - maybe change something in the way you deal with that whole mechanic. ;) But the Brantun part is definitely easier now.
  7. Rafather Augur

Simple, kill the brownie before the fireball emote goes off. But wait, the fireball still went out after someone. <--- That is a real bug, soe please fix. (Since players don't know the difference between a real bug and being simply hard)
    Axxius and Luft like this.
  8. boukk_sebilis Augur

The more annoying part of X1 (ie fireballs) remain unchanged, it was annoying before it still is annoying now, the mechanic of it is stupid and the make the achievment impossible to get unless you use some somewhat cheesy mechanics, it was a stupid event before and it still is now, none of the changes changed this aspect.
    As for the dispell part it was avoidable reliably before, it isn't anymore, but yeah let's argue for the sake of arguing.
    Zzlaarr likes this.
  9. Axxius Augur

Yes it is avoidable reliably, same as before. You don't even need to know where it is to avoid it. The only change is that the ranged dps who kill it need to judge the distance better now.
  10. Hatsee Augur

Not at all.

Look at it from the perspective of a melee dps or a hybrid. Not to mention it can spawn near you which means everyone gets hit at least a few times.

It was a poor change even if a class that stands 250' back at all times can dodge it.
  11. Ronak Augur

At least it means no more zone crashes.

...I hope.

Oh, and this just in: Zone crashes from event mechanics are not bugs. Who knew?
  12. Axxius Augur

/facepalm

Ok, I am not going to teach raid strategy to a ROI person. You keep doing it your way, get dispelled and complain about spam. We'll keep doing it our way and don't have anybody dispelled and zero spam. Either way, it's was not hard and have not gotten any harder with this change.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We never used the AETL for fireballs, we only used it when the stupid chopping block was broken, I can't remember the last time we cast AETL. :p Broken emotes is what makes this harder. We had ATs that worked perfectly before this change, I'd rather go back to 3 with ATs that worked than 1 single fireball.

Fireballs really need a delay of at least a tick before they start burning people and have moved from Findle, to make that achievement possible.
  14. Noobieguy Augur

Fireball emote is now working, need to look over the log for the person getting it if you haven't already... Person getting it gets an emote, everyone else gets a different emote.
  15. Axxius Augur

Emotes are not broken, they just changed. Make AT for the new personal emote. 1 fireball is definitely better than 3.

But yeah, the achievement... Now the devs need to do something about that.
  16. Insaneox Augur

17. Meethos New Member

the duck to extinguish the fireball dot should be more reliable than it currently is. before the change, ducking always cleared the debuff from someone's fireball on me, now not so much...is anyone else experiencing this?
  18. Zzlaarr Elder

Yes, that's one of the points in my previous post, if you read it. ;)
  19. Talif Augur

I estimate it's about 50/50 on it actually working as expected.