Xorbb Raid: What a retune

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mikestab, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So we are still going to get debuffed, we just wont have a clue anymore what the range is?
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Just a suspicion, Soul Stealer trying to dispel a crystallized player == CRASH! It's the only reason I can think of to change it's behaviour.
  3. Gorkeyah New Member

We seemed to have a problem with the fireball emote. The people who get the fireball don't get an emote, but everyone else does see the person who is getting it. Or at least that's what seemed to be going on.

For instance, people told me I got the emote, and I certainly noticed the fireball camping me, but absolutely nothing in my logs about it being directed at me, while I can see stuff in my logs where it targeted other people. The same thing happened with other people in raid.
  4. Makavien Augur

you feel an inner warmth
  5. Noobieguy Augur

The fireball emote was messed up on test last week, hoping it was fixed :p
  6. Noobieguy Augur

LOL guess it wasn't fixed yet...
  7. Makavien Augur

The personal emote is the only one that you can audio trigger for some reason = you feel an inner warmth
  8. Noobieguy Augur

Did you do it tonight ? That was not working on test less than a week ago..
  9. Oakenn Tigerspirit Augur

2 weeks? Man oh man how things have changed. Hell its only been a couple expansions since the average guild took 2 weeks on almost every event in the expansion.

Also you would be amazed how many people can't tie their own shoe without an audio trigger giving them step by step directions on how to do so.
  10. Filatal Augur

No idea what wasn't working on test last week, but the inner warmth was going to everyone in the raid, not just the targetted people previously, making it useless. The yellow text the flashed across your screen is what you needed to make an audio trigger. Has the been removed?
  11. Mintalie Augur

The retune is worse than the original. Yuck.
  12. Trajet D'Or Augur

Now inner warmth only goes to the person getting the Fireball.

Everyone except the person getting the Fireball sees an emote that includes the player's name.
  13. Trajet D'Or Augur

1 guild beat 1-2 last night for the first time. No other guilds reported a first Xorbb kill to EGL (yet) from last night.

5 guilds reported beating both T3 raids and a 6th guild beat 1 T3 raid last night.
  14. Gorkeyah New Member

Thanks for tips on emote. I thought to dig through my logs looking for something like that, but hadn't gotten around to it yet. :)
  15. Iila Augur

Soul Stealer on 4/21/2013
    Soul Stealer - 1342
    --- Power Extraction - 1342
    Produced by GamParse v1.0.3

It looks like the Soul Stealer is casting Power Extraction on everyone in range every 5s. 28 cast blocks of about 48 spells each in this log. Far more spell spam and lag than needed for a 200 range 1 slot dispel.

It's quite different from how it used to act, the range on this dispel is larger than its old aura and pretty much strips the whole raid of buffs instead of the people who got close to it.
  16. Ronak Augur

Yes, the spam this puts out now is way over the top.
  17. Luft Elder

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous now. The aura was better because you could position your raid to avoid it and dedicate set players/groups to dealing with the soul stealer while the raid moved and played with xorbb or trash. Now it seems like they want you to drop full burns on the soul stealers to avoid being buffless?
  18. Kelefane Augur

That buff dispell range on Soul Stealer is uncalled for. I remember back during TSS where a dev said that mobs stripping buffs was more of a griefing annoyance than anything and mobs stripping buffs would never happen again......
    Insaneox, Zzlaarr and Elricvonclief like this.
  19. Noobieguy Augur

The range on it is still the same? You just can't see the aura now? I was dotting it without getting any buffs stripped.
  20. Axxius Augur

The range seems to be 200 now - same as the range of the dispel it casts. The aura had a smaller radius I think. But all casters can cast from way longer than 200, so it's not a big deal when you are aware of its location.