Wishes for next Expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Smak Augur

seems a lot of people are expecting a 5 level increase every few expansions since that is what has gone before. why not change it up a bit and instead of 5 more levels, make 106+ endless levels. Just require 1000 times more experience per level than normal experience progression.

There could be new spells and abilities added after 105, just take feedback from players who hit 110+.
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

But, my familiar is needed!

Seriously, though, this isn't a compromise. A compromise is working something out with the player that you are having the issue with. Coming to DBG for a code to give you the power to bypass negotiations with said player is just being lazy. If you are the GM/Raid Leader, you lay out the rules. If people can't abide by them, then don't have them there in the first place. If they want to be there bad enough, they will conform.

Aww, and what am I suppose to do for entertainment as we sit around?

Though, for more fun, I wait until the GGH gets full of people, then I pop a jester.
  3. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

My wish, for them to stop &*(&)*(&()& up our AAs and nerfing our abilities with no compensation for the nerfs.

Ummm... no. Ask to have your hInt changed to do it, but no class or group should ever get a benefit from hCha that that everyone else does not also get. Why you ask? Because hCha is given out like candy on all gear and augs. It would be insanely easy to have a crazy high hCha amount to a point that it would be unbalancing.
  4. fransisco Augur

And hdex isn't on about 50% of all augs, yet does exactly zero for casters?
    Improvements for casters don't need to automatically give an equal amount to melee.
    svann likes this.
  5. smash Augur

This for expansion AFTER the coming one.

I would like that when there are ranks of AA, then the latest AA will mean more than the first ones.

Example you have 10 ranks of a certain type, and rank 10 would increase the effect on you by as much as rank 1-9 combined.
    In effect, the first ranks should mean a lot less than the later ones.

How it was at the beginning when AA were introduced..

Today we got an AA: that give 2% per rank, and there 3 ranks.
    Instead I would like them to be 3 ranks, and they give 1%, 2%, 3%.

Atm. this the way people do, grab rank 1 + 2 and then wait with rank 3, because getting more value for Money by buying the first ones, instead of the later ones, Those should have the highest value.

Example, look at the AA under focus.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And talking about focus. Soon there will be a new expansion, it might have level increase...

With level increase, normally follows spells/discs in the same line as the earlier ones.

Lets say there is a level 105 Bolt of elemental fire.

Under focus there is rank 1 + 2 + 3 effecting Bolt of elemental fire.

Now comes level 110 Bolt of magnifican elemental fire.

The focus should not effect that one, I guess, so there need to come new focus AA.

Should those have requirement of rank 1-3 from Bolt of Elemental fire, or just rank 4,5,6 ?
    Except that these AA would not effect the lvl 105 bolt ?

Or maybe spells/discs now should change so, you get rank 4,5,6 instead of new spells.

If requirements, then there will be a change to how it is today, that earlier spells have effect on new spells.

I guess that due to focus, spells are less effective from beginning, than earlier
  6. smash Augur

I wish that there would come some CLASS defining weapons/items, like in ROF 16 in total.

They only really effective in that expansion, because in next expansion there new weapons with better stats.

HOWEVER in expansion after, during progression of that expansion, you get some components for a container
    which you can use to create a type 3/5/8 aug. This aug has the same effect the weapon had.
    This aug would then be effective when you in that level range.

When max level increases again, you would then have to do it again, so it will be a kind of evolving aug,
    except that there no levels you evolve yourself, but getting through some progression.

Maybe you get the components when you get achievements for the zone.

This container can then be made, using tradeskills, or through a npc, where you need a very rare item
    from that expansion. The second option is for people who yet have to Work up tradeskills.

There would be 9 steps in the creation of the container, 1 step for each of the basic tradeskills.
    The drop chance for the npc item would be exceptionally small, can try to get, or do tradeskills
    also the npc item, can then only be looted by the person/Group that does the kill, cannot be looted by others.
  7. EnchFWO Augur

If they did this I REALLY hope Enchanters get another heal ToT sympathetic proc on their weapon! :rolleyes:

The only reason I don't like "class" weapons is because the disparity of effects between them is so awful that there is no incentive -even in era- to do the work for some. It just reeks of another necro epic or Bard ROF weapon situation vs everyone else.

All that aside, I do like your idea. However, I am sure they would fail at proper itemization and effects for them.
  8. Phrovo1 Augur

not like spell damage actually does anything anyway
    fransisco likes this.
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Correct, hDex is not on 50% of all augs (not even close). However hDex does a number of defensive and mod2 bonuses for casters; casters might not use the defensive benefits as much but they are still there and non-zero. hCha is on widely available specifically because it is a minor stat which benefits (or lacks benefit to) everyone equally; any change to it will be so lopsided as to be overpowered.

Spell Damage does more for caster DPS than hDex does for melee.
  10. Phrovo1 Augur

yes, a percent of a percent of a percent. most smart casters will still stack mana
  11. menown Augur

Umm, what defensives and mod2s do casters benefit from? I see Accuracy and Combat Effects go up. Is that it? Casters don't have Riposte or Parry skills. Casters don't really even use accuracy or combat effects.

Also, coding can be done so that any benefit that comes from hCha is not overpowered. Haven't you learned how ratios work? Just change the scaling and it may take 800 hCha for a single increase in any benefit.
    kizant, Sancus and fransisco like this.
  12. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Charisma is the red-headed step-child of stats. It would be neat if it did something useful. Maybe a "flirting" ability that reduces aggro based on a charisma check. You bat your eyelashes and the mob is not so mad you just nuked away 20% of its hit points/put an arrow through its eye/etc?

Or...or...or it could just be left as the stat all the other stats laugh at.
  13. fransisco Augur

We could double up on this flirting ability.
    If you have agro already, your actions don't gain as much agro due to the flirt.
    However, if you don't have agro, you have a slightly larger agro radius, due to your flirting
  14. Nolrog Augur

Way too much power added in one rank. Way too much. The cost would need to be outrageous to compensate and with that 1 AA, you trivialize previous content tremendously. Plus, in many cases, they just can't do that. Many skills had high increases early on (Combat Agility/Stability for example) that makes it very difficult to add later ranks because there is only so high you can go.
  15. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Do caster's not have things that proc? Last I checked, proc rates were increased by Combat Effects and Dex regardless of whether it is an offensive or defensive proc. Plus if we're going to compare by what they give to specific groups, melee get next to nothing from hWis and hInt; So that's 2 heroics that don't benefit us; does that mean one of them along with hCha should be changed to benefit us? No, it means I we don't focus on getting those and instead focus on getting the ones which are more beneficial.

You're missing the point about the hCha. It is not a matter of scaling, because sure they can do that; it would be a matter of what would be the point. The amount of hCha in game when you look at augs is rather insane, so the Dev's would have to start managing it on gear and augments; making it harder for other classes to get the existing benefits.
  16. asfasfasfasf Augur

Would love some QOL stuff. Could we get an auto follow that isn't super bad? It works well in other games, it can be done. I also used the auto follow on a private server and it works great. You should just copy that seeing as they are haxoring your game. Haxor them back. Characters follow you like they are glued to you. I would also like it for it to not make characters toggle run/walk constantly because you disengage their auto follow when they are in walk, they end up walking and you have to go into their options and put them back to run. It is a pain.

Some other basic quality of life stuff would be good for this game. An option to select which character you want to login as default, so you dont accidentally log in your alt.

Also I wish I could rotate the view to look behind me with left mouse, without scrolling out to third person first. More stuff like that.
  17. Mookus Augur

Just accept it, heroics don't do as much for casters as for everyone else. Know what else?

Progression AAs..... Hero's Fortitude
    Increases AC, Attack and Max attack from items by 10 per rank (40 ranks)

How the hell did this progression AA so accurately hit the "do nothing for casters" mark?

heroics and this aa needs to do something for casters... to say otherwise is hypocritical. (and btw casters don't melee and proc from hDex) But that'd be another solution.... make casters have melee dps that rivals melee. Then this bs would affect us in a meaningful way perhaps.
    fransisco likes this.
  18. svann Augur

Id like to be able to filter the track window by names so I can just see when the ph/name spawns. Or is that OP?
  19. smash Augur

Of course could ask the devs to change the range of spells so need to be within 50 feet of the mobs, so ac means more for casters.
  20. Tallie Elder

Once you clear the area, setting track to "normal" pretty much does that.

Still, a way to filter for a particular type of mob would be way cool.