Wishes for next Expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Aug 4, 2017.

1. fransisco Augur

Since work is going into the new expac this time of year, I thought I'd give a couple good ideas for it:

1. Meaningful quests - All the quests TBM/EOK were simply for progression. I really miss quests that had a item/reward I wanted.
    I'm not looking for epics, but a couple quests with cool rewards that makes people want to do them. Perhaps there are a couple potential rewards, which makes people redo it?

2. Caster weapons - there are a plethora of melee weapons. Casters get 1 1h weapon, and 1 2h weapon per tier. There is no variety (it also makes gearing harder, cause all casters must camp the same mob for their weapon slot). Can there be a few more?

3. Opposing AA lines - the character must choose 1 path or the other, but cannot pick both. For example, a path boosts fire damage for wizards, the other boosts ice. But you cannot take both paths. Yes there will always be optimal paths, but these could offer fun/variety to the game (and the boosts don't need to be damage, they could be other effects).
    This also could allow characters to optimize for raiding or grouping.
  2. kizant Augur

4. Focus AAs for older spells - TDS spells have been upgraded a lot with focus AAs while the ROF spells have stagnated. Some classes need both sets to be effective and it has been that way for a long time. I think this is an area which has been forgotten since no new levels have been added. So, either update the current focus AAs to work on multiple spell levels like wiz/necro robe focus does or add extra AAs to cover the older spells. At least doing ROF+ if we're getting level 110 soon.

--- and to clarify this isn't just like necro dot lines that are getting revamped. Whether its druid/enc best nukes or a wizards dealing with resists or spell reflect issues that make you want to load up older spells. I'm sure there's tons of cases I'm not aware of.
    Sancus likes this.
  3. High Voltage Augur

But instead it will be generic AAs, generic mobs and generic quests simply designed to buy another year for live EQ. And I hope poeple will like it as much as they like EoK.
  4. Sissruukk Rogue One

5. Locked doors. Make Pick Lock viable again. -OR- Put in some mechanism to help others not have to worry about this mechanic on lower level zones if lock picking is no longer going to be a necessity in game.

6. Give meaningful Discs/AA upgrades. My main burn consists of a level 60-ish Disc. Time to upgrade this.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

^ Agree. Or rather, stop making us have to bring a rogue or bard to get into places. A number of suggestions have been made, including adding quested keys for all places or the A5 work on all locked doors.

Also, NO MORE DISPELLING MOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would one million times prefer the mobs place something on me that lowers my HP, End, Mana, mana regen, etc., etc, than have to deal with having to rebuff.

Note: Annoying is Not Challenging. <--------- This should be in huge letters on a banner in the Developer area.

Annoying ≠ Challenging

They are not the same thing at all. Challenging is fun. Annoying is not.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I thought locked doors came back - will they didn't come back but a few months ago they made it so you could not "trick" thru doors with shrink or illusion. Which would then require a rogue or bard to unlock them.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Disagree.

There's a reason I picked a druid. It's so I can do different things. If I wanted to specialize, I would have picked a different class. So I can do many things, but not very well. I don't want to have to choose one. Otherwise I would be a cleric or a wizard.

And having to pick fire vs. ice means that when you are fighting mobs immune to one you now have only weak spells you can use. Druids are kind of fire based anyway (although the spell person who made our best aura ice doesn't seem to understand that). But we do have cold (ice) spells. They aren't as good as our fire ones but I don't want them even worse.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Perplexed like this.
  8. Sissruukk Rogue One

Yes, that did happen. But people didn't/don't like that, and they'd prefer not having a friendly person like myself tagging along to open doors for them. See the whole thread on Vex Thal about that discussion.
  9. Kiras Augur

7. Level cap increase and new spells.

8. Something in the vein of corrupted NTOV - straight forward raid mechanics for low loot. VP and Ssra seem like good candidates.

9. Keep the fast respawn time for trash that shows up in a lot of EOK. It's great.

10. A regen spell worth a buff slot. Current ones take like 20+ minutes to heal me. I used to love regen spells in early EQ.

11. A new Ring War. I can dream, right? It was my favorite event in EQ.
  10. Thrillho Augur

A tradeskill-only inventory slot. Shouldn't need to shuffle bags around so you can put a fletching kit / sewing kit / etc. into a top slot. Have it auto-inventory everything after it's closed if you're worried about adding additional bag space.

Ideally it could be tied to the trophies somehow. Maybe the trophy can summon a tradeskill kit that can be used in that slot. The current summoning rewards are significantly outdated.
  11. fransisco Augur

Damage shield that is worthwhile too!
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is an excellent idea - maybe use that box on your character screen that currently has plot items as the label. Make it a box like you would put a sword or box in and label it tradeskill container. I never use the plot item tab as I just go thru my tribute screen. Or maybe I am missing a reason why that tab is there? Right next to the keyring tab.
  13. menown Augur

12. Pet inventory tab in inventory window.
    Zarzac, Tensor, Jamazar and 3 others like this.
  14. Warpeace Augur

Act of Valor- just remove it from the game.

More than happy to heal / cure but no way I'm going to kill myself so I can have a raid timer and rez sickness so you might live.
  15. Act of Valor The Newest Member

No.
    Terminate and Jhenna_BB like this.
  16. eqzekisdead Augur

I would like a bunch of low level zones that are fun to level in. 1-75.
    Beggly likes this.
  17. smash Augur

13. Make so when you scribe a long time buff, you also get it as an AA ability. It shall ofc. Still cost same amount of mana, and be focusable as the spell. Advantage would be to free some spell slots. Same thing for pets.

14. Instead of getting spells with new names when there is level increase, make the old spells have new ranks, so coming expansion they will be rank 4, 5, 6.

But i also think there will be a new keyring thing. I think it will be for the transport stuff we got.
  18. nantalbus Elder

can we please get a few zones that are a special tear of the exp that has better loot then the rest of the exp but has the following stuff to it.

1st. are locked behind some sort of progression. -- Sorry I don't feel its right to have access to the best group stuff in the game without having to earn the right to get it(raiders have to earn access to the higher end raids why shouldn't grouper have to do the same).
    2nd. if you are not geared in at lest eok t2 group stuff your not going make it. --- Again I hate seeing people wearing gear form 2 or 3 exp behind able to make it in newer exp. Its one thing to have the gear form the exp before(ie having tbm stuff on in eok) but to see people in cotf group stuff in eok and not dying left and right is wrong.
    3rd. be hard enough that you can't "phone it in" but easy enough that you don't got to be hardcore to handle it. --- I don't want it so hardcore that 1 mistake and your whole group is wiping. But at the same time I want it hard enough that you can't be watching tv and be able to handle the mobs at the same time.
  19. bigpapa Augur

~~ hope they don't put as many annoying goblin's spinning thingy who land pretty easily..
    ~~ locked door suck I hope we won't see that too. ( do we really need that ? ) ..

--->> guk / lower guk revamp would be nice ..
    --->> adding more players to the fellowship..
    -->> allowing 2 to be able to plant a firecamp..
    -->> raise heroic toon from lv 85 to 90 or 95 .
    -->> some EQ advertising to try to get more players to play EQ 1.
    Maedhros likes this.
  20. Hingabe Augur

1)clickie keyring
    2)i like the idea of the additional inventory slot, but I'd like to see it be a flex spot for anything from a tradeskill bag to an instrument.
    3)pet inventory would be pretty nice
    4)more fellowship slots would be great too
    5)add the wisp from find to track
    6) stop adding new geography, norrath is spread too thin. Use the assets we already have, and revamp ghost town zones to be the new content. Let it evolve a little. Firiona vie is still under construction, you can still hear the hammers banging lol! Honestly I'd like to see the next endgame be the old cities being raided by the nemesis of each race.. and you can save them. Like: save kelethin and felwithe from the orcs. The zone that accesses the cities (gray for instance) could be one tier below
    Beggly likes this.