Wishes for next Expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Aug 4, 2017.

1. menown Augur

Check Combat Effects again. It specifically says, "Increases the rate at which you will trigger proc spells during MELEE." hDex does not effect procs that are triggered from spells.

The problem that I have with hCha is that it is always paired up with caster augs. Example:

Left Eye of Sul
    AC: 45
    CHA: +15+12 WIS: +15+13 INT: +15+13 AGI: +12+10

You get only 2 good stats on this augment. Agility and either Int for casters or Wis for priests. How is that even fair compared with the Right Eye of Sul, or even all the different melee versions of augs out there.

You talk about how hWis and hInt are useless for you, well one of them is always useless for us and is always given on the same item. That is not double dipping like melee augs with their numerous combinations, ex. hDex/hStr, hAgi/hDex, hStr/hAgi, etc..
    fransisco and svann like this.
  2. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

On balance, aren't melee classes more dependent on gear, even more for tanks, to perform adequately?
  3. kizant Augur

I want hCha to decease my chances of being killed by zerkers while charmed and to increase the chances that my nukes will land on a charmed player. Which right now is basically 0% which is pretty unfrair.
  4. Dropfast Augur

Oh boy, where do I even start with my wishes for next expansion.

1. The Ultra-Rare drops should go back to being 1 tier below the current raid armor. Just like it was in CotF and TDS. Making current raid gear drop off of anything is total BS and should of never ever happened. It was perfectly fine the way it was in CotF / TDS. That was a major slap in the face to raiders. People who have tons of Krono/ Money should not be able to obtain the best gear in the game at a faster rate than raiders can EARN it. Which did happen. Please, no more of this crap. Either make the Ultra rares one tier below current raid gear or don't put it in at all.

2. New Proc + Damage augs that actually compare to pure damage augs. (And new Sympathetic procs augs for the casters as well) These have been ignored for 2 years now, let's not make it 3. Procs were severely upgraded in EoK thank god but these augs have never been quite right. The proc they came with came at to big of a loss of pure damage. Losing like 3 base damage for some weak proc of like 400 damage was never worth it. However if it was just a 1 base damage loss for a 5k proc, that may be worth it. Which would allow us to not lose a bunch DPS while adding a proc we like.

3. Trade-able Gear / Augs - I'm not sure why this has totally gone out the window in the past years but it's also long overdue. The last Trade-able gear was from TDS and the last trade-able type 7/8 augs were from ROF. Seriously, Rain of Fear! I'm not asking for insane augs that can be traded, but come on DGB, the last set of sell-able type 7/8 augs was from RoF...that's like 4+ years ago now. This is unacceptable.

4. Bring back "Boon of the Seeress" focus effect to raid gear and upgrade it! Again, this was a total BS change to the raid game. Tanks got to keep their stupidly OP slow everything that touches me proc, so please tell me why it was OK to screw over the melee DPS and take ours away. Not only should of it continued on raid gear but it should have been upgraded! You farmed it out to every grouper in the game which was also very questionable, but now raiders have to take a DPS loss to wear the newest gear. This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. What is it really going to hurt to continue this effect and upgrade it slightly to like + 750 damage to procs? Nothing, it's not going to hurt a thing and will make a crap ton of melee happy. I assume casters would like to have their Sympathetic proc belts back as well. Please make this happen, I don't think you understand how little things like this can make so many people happy / mad.

5. Necromancer - Not only have you put their DoT revamp on hold for like 2 years but they are still wearing their Epics! I do understand that their DoT revamp needs to be handled correctly, however their is 0 good reasons that you can't make an AA tomorrow that grants them the same focus as their Epic. Thus allowing them to take off their Epics for the first time in 15+ years. This should have been done many years ago. I know you have the ability to do this, right now. At least throw them a bone and make an AA focus for that so they can take off their whopping 300 HP/Mana Epics. That is beyond a joke in today's game.

6. The new loot system sucks! How do you go from TBM where every named is guaranteed to drop a non-vis item + a chance for 1-3 visible loots to drop to the new system? Now, most of the time named only drop a visible piece of gear. If your going to make that many named in an expansion then at least make an amount of gear to match it. All you did was make obtaining current group gear extremely harder. How do you expect groupers to be all geared up and ready for the next expansion when it takes an absolutely absurd amount of time to even get a single of gear? Do you have any idea how annoying it is to spend an entire month trying to get a single piece of group gear? I don't think you do. I'm not saying it should be like TBM again, it was to easy to get gear then. But as usual you went to far the other way with EoK. At least go back to a 100% chance to drop a non-vis or increase the chance for non-vis to drop because now it's taking about 3 times longer to obtain group gear. It's absurd.

7. Innate effect slots for each toon. Much the same as they did in Diablo 3, I would be cool to be able to use the effects of old items still today. For example - Boon of Seeress / Ring of Revenge / Cripple proc belt effect / slow proc belt effect / Ect. / Ect. Over the years you guys have made a lot cool little effects on items but then the next expansion comes out and it becomes a detriment to use these effects as the new gear has much better stats. Instead of all these cool effects becoming worthless after one year, let each toon have like 3 effect slots so they can still use these effects. It makes all the hard work you guys put into making this stuff last longer and it makes obtaining these items worth while as you can still use them years later. This was brought up in another thread and is one the best ideas I've heard in years! Please make this happen.

8. To be Continued - I've run out time for today but I will list some more later when I have the time. I'm sorry devs if I came off sounding mean in any of this but for reals, I am not the only one who feels this way about all this stuff, just ask around if ya don't believe me ><
  5. Khat_Nip Meow

I think it would be nice if there was an area in the guild bank or a separate placeable container of sorts that one could place items into that others could borrow and then return when done.

e.g. I place my Ice Cream Churn, Sculpting Tools, Hickory Handled Shears, etc into it.
    Other guild members can borrow the items and put them back when they're done so they are immediately available to others, without requiring manual intervention as it currently works with the guild bank.
  6. mmats Augur

Would be cool if there were a couple rare worldbeater items that dropped in the global loot pool. The type of items that make one toon worth two toons while they have it equipped. They could be temporary and tradeable too, make them poof 3 days after they are acquired so that they go back into the loot pool. Only one of each would be in existence at any given time.
  7. Santrigan Lorekeeper

I'd like to see, that you can trade in excess raid flag tokens for raid currency 1 to 1.
  8. Warpeace Augur

I would accept 1 AA per:).
  9. Zunnoab Augur

I would love if clicking a corpse on the raid roster or using /tar for a corpse became reliable again. As it stands corpses frequently get out of sync with the client in one way or another, and it seems like /tar for corpses has become less and less reliable over time.

As for the expansion itself? I'm surprised I haven't really thought of that. The developers did some really creative things with limited resources and I actually do quite like both TBM and EoK, so I am curious to see what happens this time.