Wishes for next Expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Raccoo Augur

As someone with Vex Thal key (long quest), that should count for something now that it is open. Maybe an alternate key to using rogues/bards or a temporary key.
  2. Raccoo Augur

Tier 2 should drop the pages more often, or always drop them. Did tier 2 event for Int casters 4+ times before finally going to tier 3 and MM to finish my necro's epic.
  3. Bobsmith Augur

As far as epics go, keep wishing, we were already flat out told no. Due to the amount of resources and dev time it takes.
  4. Treage_Imminent Elder

Thank You! That's pretty close to what I wanted. I never thought to use the potion belt that way since neither are potions.
  5. Drogba Augur

Just don't give us EoK again. aka: EveryoneQuest.

Give us even just a few hard missions/achievements where you can't just invite any old joe and go and stomp it.

Give us a PoW or a ToR2, some tricky timetrials, anything. ..anything.

Always considered part of the payoff of 15+ years of investment in ones class to be the continuous stream of invites from ppl struggling to beat content.

Must've done 120+ runs of ToR2 during CotF/TDS, and similar for burnout.

Every mission in EoK is soloable without a merc up ffs.
  6. Drcoracle Journeyman

Give me my keys back that I had on my key ring from years ago.
  7. fransisco Augur

Bards/Rogues should NEVER be able to get past zone key's.
    That is no different than having a rare drop key you camp for 6 hours while rogues walk by.
    Its still denying content for players who arent rogue/bard.

Just forget the skill exists. It is the worst skill in the game.
  8. Questoften32 Augur

I feel just the opposite, pick lock is a viable perk for choosing the class. eq should not design everything from a ''joe everyman'' perspective...boring, would kill replay value. Some classes are better than others at some things and the trade off is being worse at others or incapable. For the other thing, you play the other class.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  9. bitefiends Elder

I also liked the Ancients however having a VERY good reward, linked to an achievement (be in the zone when all ancients pop in an hour) that only raid could possibly get should not be there.Also no one tries for that achievement once their guild members all have it, or after at max 6 weeks.

The rewards should be available to all classes, iirc clerics and casters had less rewards than melee ( possibly wrong on that )
  10. Sissruukk Rogue One

What happened to your keyring? I still have all mine when I do /key, and I was gone for 6+ years.
  11. Sissruukk Rogue One

Veritas Mortem on Vox just did this event for the server last night. We are going to try to do this monthly, open to anyone on the server. Just pop into the zone and hang out while we do the work. Or join in the fun of helping out. Either way, we had a good time, and people really appreciated it.
  12. Sissruukk Rogue One

Not sure how it is denying content to someone who isn't a bard/rogue. Sure, older content, maybe, and I am on board for getting access for folks for older content.

But newer content, not likely. It isn't like a bard/rogue can waltz through the locked door of new content, then go solo the stuff on the other side. He/She would still need to bring a group with them to accomplish this. Now, what would be unfair would be if the rogue could waltz through that door, then go pickpocket whatever they wanted off the mobs without having to fight them. But imagine the threads on that.
  13. 22wplkj Lorekeeper

I left EQ in 2004 when at max level your choice was pretty much raid or quit. I am surprised and happy to find the devs have made EQ into a good grouping game for those that want to pass on raiding.I hope that continues.
  14. fransisco Augur

Instead of epics, what if they do a temple of solusek ro v2.
    Every class gets a couple of quests for neat items and call it a day.
  15. Mookus Augur

Regarding teleportation:
    In order to breathe some life in druid and wizard porting ability I'd like to see two significant yet simple additions:

-- a new AA for druid and wizard - teleport group to secondary bind. Both classes already have an AA that does this for Primary bind, so coding this for secondary bind should not be overly complicated to add.

-- a new AA - "Enhanced Secondary Bind" - this new version of secondary bind allows the caster to bind their secondary bind-point anywhere a fellowship campfire could be planted. (AKA a lot more places than a wizard or druid currently can do so).
    Fanra and fransisco like this.
  16. Violator-Bristlebane New Member

How about adding Agents of Change to Live servers, for those that want to experience older content but can't beat the rush?
    Agrippa and fransisco like this.
  17. Stephen51 Augur

Why not make epics into evolving weapons, and add level(s) every time there is a new expansion?
    Some epics may need there effects tweeked a bit, but the effects would be boosted when you level up your epic. Well the ones that are no longer relevant.

Evolution could be through killing specific mobs, or just all mobs.

If this doesn't sit well with the Elite raiding set (and it wont) you could have an evolving level for killing raid mobs/completing raid targets.

No new quests, no massive resource sink, simple! (prepares to be flamed).
  18. Lheo Augur

More merc gear maybe mercweapons
    code-zero likes this.
  19. svann Augur

Visible merc gear
    fransisco likes this.
  20. Xarbokk Elder

Make t1 gear tradeable again. I liked how in previous expansions you could buy your t1 to get started, then farm t2 and better