Will you keep playing on Agnarr?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tinytinker, May 28, 2017.

1. Kahna Augur

My guild has regularly raided time from the beginning. We currently have loot rotting, not even going to alts, because we have seen it drop so often. We litterally gave a level 35 monk a quarm BP last time we went in there. We have geared more than just a select few, we have geared 40+ people and many of their boxes, in time gear. Only reason we are still doing time is to kill time till GoD (no pun intended), and for the handful of chase items that folks still want.

What you are saying just doesn't pan out in the actual game. It's just wrong. Sorry.

Only way I can see what you are saying being true is if you are running in some scrub guild who carries too many people and still can't kill stuff. If that is the case you just need to find a better guild.
  2. Machentoo Augur

This just isn't the case.

Running through 20+ expansions on Fippy with Citizen, I spent a lot of time looking at our members' gear. For people who were 80-100% attendance, by the end of each expansion, they were usually in 100% current expansion final zone raid gear. For people who were 50-80% attendance, it was usually more like half current end zone raid gear, and half lower teir or raid gear from the previous expansion. At no point were any of our active members at the equivalent of current expansion group gear level. For most expansions, raid gear from 2-3 expansions back is still better than current group gear.

We also used dkp, so loot wasn't just going to the select few. In fact out of the first 10 guilds to kill quarm on Phinigel, only 1 that I am aware of uses something other than dkp, so I don't know where you'd get the idea that most people on the server are wearing scraps.

Yeah, you don't usually have time to attain best in slot everything on 3-month unlocks, but you also don't need it ever to be ready for the next expansion. And it isn't impossible to hit BIS everything. I planned my dkp spending around achieving bis every 2nd or 3rd expansion, and I was generally able to hit it on the ones where I aimed for it. At any rate though, there was never a point in our entire run where we were unable to defeat an encounter because our gear wasn't up to par.