Will you keep playing on Agnarr?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tinytinker, May 28, 2017.

1. Quixa New Member

Been having a grand ol' fun time coming back to semi-classic EQ and am planning to stick around for my favorite xpacks. :) Found a wonderful guild, so that's been keeping me logging in more often than I had planned.
  2. Boosi Lorekeeper

Loling at people talking about being locked, X-Pansions coming for next 2 years.
    Ishbu likes this.
  3. Ishbu Augur

Starting to wonder what life is like for many of the vocal crowd. Seriously who bases their video game choice around will I have a slow release of old content that is already available now, for an 18 year old game, 2+ years in the future?
    Deadshade likes this.
  4. Gemini Syringes Augur

Nope. Already done. But the experience weekend was a lot of fun! I enjoyed the low level groups. But back to Phinny now. For people that haven't done classic to PoP a billion times, they'll enjoy the next 11 months on Agnarr for sure.

It's actually 11 months until PoP. Even counting LoY/LDoN as expansions would still put you far less than 2 years.
  5. Quill Augur

Absolutely. And as long as you just look to play the game, loot rains from the sky in classic. Pick a zone.. something will drop there.

Will there be isolated issues? Sure. But most of the 'complaints' are from people from Phinny absolutely terrified that the people won't come back. Those who will, want to see the whole game. Those who won't, couldn't care less.

I've seen pretty much everything important this game has to offer up through 2013. Multiple times. Sometimes tens of times. 'Unlocking' stuff means absolute jack to me. Rolling through mobs with 72 and corpse cannoning mobs because you're a Tourist Guild means nothing to me. Those people are passing through. Even hitting stuff while its current just isn't really a priority. I just want to progressively gear a character and have fun with a guild of people doing it.

That is one of the things they never tell you about a 'Progression' guild. You'll never gear your character to any level of significant power beyond whats readily available in group until you get to the end(caught up with Live, if you make it that far). You'll never get the most out of your character. If lucky, you may get a raid drop or two per xpac.. but that just makes for a crappy character.

On this server... actually having great gear will likely mean a lot more than being half- geared on Phinny.
  6. Kahna Augur

What? A raid drop or two? I mean, maybe in the super early not really built for raiding expansions but I fully geared my character in raid gear every expansion from velious on. This is completely false, and there are 22 guilds full of time geared toons on Phinny who can prove you wrong. (And I'm playing a beastlord in a loot council guild. The ultimate get your gear after all the real DPS/healer/buffers have it class.)

Yeah, if you want to stay in PoP forever stay on Agnarr, play what you want more power to you, but there is no need to spread lies about Phinny.
  7. MaxTheLion Augur

You lost me down here. Many guilds on progression servers split raid and have most members full BiS or near it.
  8. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

[IMG]

Anyway. Aside from internet images that your post remind me of, here are the magelo rankings with hp and mana filtered from Phinny. You'll notice that not only are the characters on it all end-game geared, but you'll notice there's over 10 guilds listed on that first page.

https://eq.magelo.com/ranking?s=65&f=a0_0_0|a1_0_0
  9. -wycca Augur

Yea I'm not quite following some of these guys. They talk about stuff like this and zerg guilds facerolling with 72. What they don't realize is that the real fun is splitting raiding instances, and doing dragons with like 20-22 ppl that others have to do with 40-60. It's funny how the zerg guild comments stopped on Phin when they saw all the splits a good guild can do.
  10. Quill Augur

Allright.. looks like I wasn't that clear. Take your little link there.. and filter on Magician. Every guild will have their glory hound stat leader to rock the Magelo leaderboards. Those people just get the loot(and probably the warrant and the crook) no matter what. Even moreso, your top tanks in each guild will have loot from the heavens on them, even with splitting. Why? They're preparing for GoD. Its understandable. Of course these people get BiS stuff. Its how EQ works. You get the key people of each class the critical gear, and the rest get leftovers and get to largely walk around in garbage. But that leaves your guild an inch deep. Geared where it matters, because its setup to hit GoD on release, at which point you'll get more gear in addition to Time, helping matters greatly.

You do that on this server, or even try... you know what you have? Retirements. Thats what you're not factoring in. The natural turnover of an ACTUAL End of Game expansion will flush gear over time from the system faster than it can be replaced, particularly if you focus fire it on the tanks. Its simply a different dynamic and you have to actually raise the gear of the overall raid, and not just the favored few at the top, in order to be stable and not backslide. Because the other thing that gets flushed over time, which can be even more important, is keys. Because VT is still fairly critical to keeping replacements coming up to speed.

And one thing is absolutely for certain, when a Tourist Guild like FE hits the end of Time, they'll vanish like a fart in the wind, off to some other TLP server flavor of the year. I've met some good players there, and also some not so good. The only thing that drives them on this server is server firsts. They've been very vocal about it, and are not necessarily in it for the long haul and as soon as they leave, a lot of that gear they did get goes with them.

Basically.. once it shakes out.. you should see a churn of guilds on Agnarr walking the Classic progression.. and once/if they get into Time, fighting to stay there. Should be interesting.

Its why I tend to say.. server firsts will mean absolutely nothing. The entire game really starts once those people leave, because the server will live and die off the guild culture. I base all of the above on having actually played while PoP was current and seen the backsliding and implosions that can happen. On its base, you'd think it'd be really easy to get in and stay in Time.. but without the other expansions.. it really isn't. There is a lot of gravity pulling backwards if the game actually ends.
  11. MaxTheLion Augur

Everybody finds joy differently. For some it might be the initial race to killing the bosses while for others it's the paced journey while meeting new people. Nobody will disagree with you that people from both of these camps will fade and do something different after time. The only thing most of us pointed out was your factually incorrect statement about "Progression" guilds and their inability to gear characters. There isn't even a need to filter through Magician if you opened the profiles he provided in that link. You'll find a varying amount of classes from pure tank to pure caster and all of them in the top 50 of the server by HP.
  12. DariyaVika Augur

My thinking exactly. I understand that these are all throwaway characters, mere visual representations of time spent in a game that I play for nostalgia purposes while waiting for something to come out that reignites what I like about EQ. I don't want to deal with 1000+ aaxp and other garbage from 2005 and beyond, when the last graphical update for the game was in Luclin, the third expansion. :)

I don't care if the mob is level 100 if it's just another reskinned asset from one of the first 4 expansions. :)
  13. MaxTheLion Augur

I never understand the millions of "odd" people that can enjoy watching the Olympics. I mean, why care about sports that are ### BC years old!?

I don't care if they're setting new records, etc. if it's just another person doing the same thing that was done thousands of years ago.
  14. Deadshade Augur

This .

All of the returning players are on Agnarr to enjoy the ride as long as it lasts and as long as there is not something better than an 18 years old game .
    For some it will be 6 months and for some 1 year or perhaps slightly more .

It's beyond me how stupid somebody must be to talk about "being forever trapped in PoP" .
    Of course nobody will be trapped forever in PoP, certainly not the returning players and this for the simple reason that almost everybody will leave long before even LoY releases .
    I think that this "vocal crowd" is "trapped forever" in EQ and is mentally unable to even imagine that for returning players playing this 18 years old game for 1 year is long term and 2 years are very long term .

Judging by the huge success of Agnarr, DB will simply release another TLP in 2 years and continue to do so as long as there are thousands of returning players ready to pay a sub for 6 months or a year .
  15. svann Augur

Agnarr will die june 7
  16. Carns Lorekeeper

Like, totally going to need details, bro.
  17. Old Man Elder

Tried it for a few hours, went back to Ragefire where PoP is new, server stability is excellent, and I know the peeps.
  18. svann Augur

The hardcore heritage Seb opens june 7 and runs for a month. People are going to be doing that while it is available.
  19. Quill Augur

So what? You act like that means something, and it doesn't. Key people(usually one, more if tank) of every class in a guild got a loot shower in order to make leader boards and carry the guild into GoD. That is not gearing a guild. Its gearing IC(Inner Circle).to maximize effectiveness in the coming expansion.

Probably 75%(or more) of those raiders of time guilds are likely walking around in garbage. That's fine though, GoD is coming.

Simply order by class and the drop-offs are pretty amazing.

Above 5K mana:
    Necros: 25.
    Mages: 24

That's server-wide. At least those who post magelos. Fishy is about an inch deep into any particular expansion, because you simply can't fully gear more than a select few over a couple months of farming.

Its why I think you'll see Agnarr ultimately centering around 35-40-ish person guilds once all the hoopla dies down. Over time, the server should feature a lot deeper set of personnel than a server like Fishy and likely match Classic Era style of guilds and raiding.
  20. MaxTheLion Augur

No point in debating with you because you're going to argue just to argue. You're an idiot still digging with a spoon when people have handed you a shovel. There are currently many Time raiding guilds on Phinny. The only possibility of people getting "loot showers" would be in a loot council guild. Luckily, to avoid such a problem, I joined a guild that rewards attendance. In doing so we have many mains and alts in full/close BiS.

Above 5k mana:
    Cleric: 129
    Druid: 49
    Enchanter: 71
    Magician: 38
    Necro: 48
    Shaman: 57

I have no idea where you get your information but you make yourself dumber with every post and that's after you've edited to correct your previous mistakes.