Will you keep playing on Agnarr?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tinytinker, May 28, 2017.

1. AgentofChange Augur

As long as people are willing to pay my subscriptions for me I will continue playing on every TLP
  2. Bailen Augur

Can you solo that far? I found soloing got tough again around 80. Unless maybe you played one of the usual soloing classes.
  3. Quill Augur

Eh.. that's just an Everquest thing. Its always been that way though :>. I've never known a time people were receptive to help unless they asked for it, unless you were a guildie. Even then, if you don't know them by first name, its best to let them figure it out.
  4. jeskola pheerie

Weren't they only famous because they were good PVP players on PVE servers in Best of the Best? I remember Fires of Heaven, Triton, and Legacy of Steel having more cred.
  5. Quill Augur

Maybe you're thinking of Afterlife?
  6. jeskola pheerie

You are right - well then who the hell is Aftermath besides Dr. Dre's record label?
  7. Trevalon Augur

I plan to stay on Agnarr for the time being. While I do not like the idea of a locked server, I do like that the EXP is much better than Phinny and I feel like I will actually be able to make alts on this server without the insane grind that comes with Phinny.

Now, that all being said, I firmly believe I will jump to whatever TLP comes next. I suspect we will see another Quarm type server sometime late 2017 and a new TLP sometime mid 2018 around the time that Agnarr is starting to hit PoP.
  8. Amoeba Augur

I don't know if I'll stay. All depends really. It has nothing to do with the server. I jumped into all the previous progression servers and eventually found myself burnt out chasing the loot-dragon all the time in over crowded raids.

The server is supposed to be locked at the point where I had left EQ years ago, so that sort of fits with me. I have no real feeling on the lock and am more than willing to entertain a vote to unlock in the future.

Overall, I am having fun. The xp rate isn't too slow or too fast feeling for me yet... but bonus xp weekend made that difficult to tell. I will continue to enjoy the game and remain subscribed. All i need to do is pace myself and dont burn out.
  9. Relyn Lorekeeper

I'll be staying, mostly because I wanted to do Luclin and PoP and I missed that on Phinny. By the time that comes around and I've had my fill, there will probably be a new server with some other twist, or maybe they will make a new one that is GoD and beyond that you can transfer to.

I'd love to see one that starts with beastlord and berserker and the other race/class combos (that are in game) exist from the beginning. Play a halfling ranger, gnome sk right away like they accidently had in a previous tlp.
  10. Signedup New Member

I bailed out when kronos were being traded. Game over.
  11. TLP Addict Augur

Dunno why people get so salty over Krono, you don`t need to participate in that aspect of the economy if you don`t want to. As long as you have some patience and don`t have an expectation of being decked out in BiS twink gear in the first week you can get everything you need without paying either Krono or platinum.....Eventually.

Seems some people just don`t want to put any effort into making friends or finding a guild with similar minded people.

Give it another week or two and the typical new server deflation will kick in and items will being being sold for more sane prices and camps will start opening up as people move on to other things.
  12. Filnydar Journeyman

I see Agnarr as a 15 months seasonal server, nothing more : it can be fun until Quarm is down, but I see no reason to keep playing on it after that.
    jeskola likes this.
  13. Quill Augur

But then.. you're likely a Cannon Fodder guild member.

Those guilds that simply throw mindless numbers at an event to down it(do you even talk to each other?). For you, maybe it will be a 'seasonal' server.

I have a feeling this server will be around for a good long while, and become fairly tight knit over time, particularly as the EQ tourists get done passing through. There are some of us who actually remember what Classic was like and wouldn't mind getting back to that, but it'll take time. Its certainly a great experiment.
  14. Rauven Augur

What's funny about Agnarr is people defied the farmers again. On Phinny the farmers tried to corner the market on crafting items and mats. But then people sold their wares below costs. Banded for 5-7gp per AC and such.

Then they tried on Agnarr to corner the drops. Enticing people with BABS, SBD, and FBSS for multiple kronos. I'm sure many sold, but the market flooded, causing the prices to plummet. That and the farmer little armies that farm such items were just bypassed through picks.

When there's 20+ picks in LGuk, you can't cover every named spawn. The groupers are getting loot. Guilds banded together like in days of old and provided armor and weapons to one another. Its just not the impersonal loot race like RF/LJ were.

Due to this, people are going to try and ruin the image of the server by any means they can. It burned alot of them. Those who got their stuff early and got out are happy. Those who were a little slower are none too happy to say the least.

But those who came to the server to make friends, form alliances, and just enjoy the game are all busy enjoying it. They're not going to post here. But you'll see it in the groups out there. Just ask around when in a exp camp with some peeps.

Forums and General chat in any game never tells the full story or the truth.
    DariyaVika likes this.
  15. jeskola pheerie

I fully agree. Based on historical events there will be a new progression server around the time Agnarr locks, and a ton of Agnarr supporters have already voiced they are only in this for a year or two. The leftovers will defect to the new server.
  16. Dreven Lorekeeper

Come again? The game's economy is influenced by an external influx. This changes the in-game economy and makes it hard for those that earn PP in-game over buying Krono on websites to hasten their fortune. Now this can be said about old fashioned Chinese PP farmers, but 1. we are not about that 2. Krono is much more rampant and accessible. So no, I am not convinced item x would have the same cost on a server where there is no krono for people earning and paying in pp.
  17. BearmanSW Elder

I'm out myself...the pay-to-win factor is too much for me.

I'm in the same boat as those who conclude that this server has a lot of great stuff, but there's too much external influence on the game. As Tecmos_Deception mentioned about the lvl 14 with the lightning bolt sword, the 40-slot 100% WR bags (which are very beneficial early on when your plate-wearing cleric's strength is 75), the exp potions, the dbg-clarity / regen / hp buff / etc. potions that are better than in-game spells...it's silly.

And for all of you with the "but you don't have to engage in the marketplace or use potions or buy lightning bolt scimitars" school of thought, I would direct you to my favorite Orwell line from The Road to Wigan Pier..."there is a principle that is not always recognized but always acted upon: so long as the machine is there, one is under the obligation to use it". In this case, the DBG P2W machine.

I would also be completely down with a server, just like Agnarr, but without the marketplace or kronos. To solve the krono issue, you would just make kronos not appear in your inventory on the server and would require a CC payment for access to the server...so you can't just consume a krono from another server and play on this one. A man can dream...
  18. Rhodz Augur

There are two things I highly suspect are impossible or so difficult as to be essentially so at this point for DBG.
    Restrict kronos, it seems to violate the terms of sale on the device.
    Merge servers, if it could be done there are absolutely several servers in dire need of it.
    The rest are judgement calls and players have every reason to pressure for change.
    Still a great game that always deserved better.
  19. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

People keep failing to understand that Krono's are the solution to RMT, not the source of it. People suck, hence RMT. EVE Online had the same problem and implemented the same basic solution with the same basic results. You can't stop RMT, you can't, there is no feasible solution. You can throw money at it, hire people, track things down, but it's just a waste. In the end you bring the RMT into the light and profit from people wanting to spend extra money on your product to advance.

I didn't buy a 40 slot bag, sure it would make things easy but I'm not racing and dealing with weight is part of the fun. I'm not buying any Krono, even if it means I don't get a haste belt for a long time. That is how I choose to play, but not everybody cares about the classic experience. Some just want to win a race or make some RL money. That will fade, the race will end and the RL money will slow to a trickle.

If you want to do something about it, the most you can do is speak with your in-game wallet. If you see somebody dealing in Krono, don't buy from them. It won't stop them completely, but it adds up if enough people do this. Just ignore the Krono people, be stingy with your plat until they've gone. The one upside is that they are devaluing everything quickly, and we'll be left with more reasonable prices as a result.
  20. DariyaVika Augur

I really don't understand the p2w argument. At this point on Agnarr I don't see anyone getting turned down for a group because their gear sucks, because everybody's gear sucks. The clarity and regen pots aren't overpowered. They're nice, but they're scaled based on the level of the person opening the pack. A level 1 can't pop a level 50 regen pot, for example.

Regarding the sword stuff, part of the value of the Yak is that it looks different, when so many of the classic weapons look like garbage, with very little differentiation between a rusty 2h sword and a mithril 2h sword from the froglok king.