What is the best duo combination for the new Agnarr server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by slayersaysdie, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

he can heal the charm pet, that will be tanking and dps ing for you 1-65. With those 2 classes covered, you just invite the first 4 anything that are lfg and go to work. Charm pets out dps most melee, and out tank all but the the best geared / played tanks. Untill you get to MoTM mobs that is.
    slayersaysdie likes this.
  2. Soon Augur

Enchanter/Druid before PoP. You don't need a lot of heals on charmed pet before PoP. Also, it's easier to get a new pet in those zones than PoP zones.

When PoP hits, change druid to cleric.
  3. Kahna Augur

You don't really need any of the bells and whistles with that combo though. The Cheal is great for the charm pets, the HP buffs and bigger quick heals keep the chanter alive when charm breaks. My druid box struggled in classic in a chanter/druid combo. What you really need in that combo is strong healing to keep the chanter and pet alive. Cleric just does the job better. Everything the druid brings to the table is easily done without (DS), can be paid for as a service (Ports, SoW), or you can get an item that does a similar function thing (snare weapons for pets, DS, sow pots, Jboots). Shaman/chanter just has too much overlap.
  4. Rojas82 Journeyman

I'm going Shaman - Warrior. Will be a little slower, but pay off in the end.
  5. Ryder Lorekeeper

90/96 rez when you inevitably mess up charming and die.
  6. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

The ability to cheal and rez. That does not sound like much but it is huge, I do not know if you plan on raiding but clerics are significantly more desirable in guilds both for raids and groups. Cleric healing efficiency destroys druid healing.As a side note due to player power on this server you really do not need snare for the charm pet.

However, the server being the way it is, play whatever makes you happy. While cleric/ench is the best duo for me, you might enjoy druid/ench more and in the end you will make it to the level cap and be fine either way.
  7. slayersaysdie Journeyman

To be perfectly honest I don't even want to play an Enchanter. Only rolling it because I know for soloing/duoing nothing really beats a Chanter taking up one of those spots. I don't really have a desire to raid but definitely grouping and I know Chanters are highly desired for groups. Druids not so much.
  8. Galleyan Augur

I'm going to be perfectly honest, if you're rolling an enchanter and you don't want to actually play the enchanter... you'll never even get level 50. And if you happen to rush 50 just to get it over with, you'll quit before Kunark even drops.
  9. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

I agree with this 100%. Do not roll an enchanter unless you want to. Every class is viable, play something that makes you happy.
  10. slayersaysdie Journeyman

lol, happy me would be Necromancer/Shaman since that is what I am most familiar with but I have to wait for Kunark to unlock because of the regen that Iksars get.

And even with that I know Mage's are inherently better than Necro's.
  11. Galleyan Augur

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that combo. And you can always buy a race change when Kunark comes out. Strong solo, less "required" for groups, but if you're willing to START groups, then you won't have any issues with groups... people who take the initiative are pretty rare on these servers.

Also, if you are willing to charm as a necro... your DPS is pretty much identical to enchanters (if not better) throughout classic and Kunark, where there are a ton of undead mobs.
  12. slayersaysdie Journeyman

Totally willing to charm. I have many great memories of charming a mob in Veksar and rolling through the zone with my Necro.
  13. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

That is a super solid combo, you can charm undead and it will be fine. Play that if it makes you happy. Save your free 500 a month DBG cash and buy a race change potion after Kunark comes out if you really want to be iksar. :)

Veksar doesnt come out until LdoN(edit) on these servers sadly
  14. slayersaysdie Journeyman

Like the user before you suggested, I didn't even think about a race change potion. That's a good idea. All my accounts have a ton of DBG cash since I've never used any of it and it's just accumulated over the years.

Edit - I thought Veksar launched with Ykesha?
  15. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Then dont worry! Play your necro and shaman and have fun.

I stand corrected, it is ldon.
    Source: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...starting-to-be-concerned.233277/#post-3441675
  16. slayersaysdie Journeyman

Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  17. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Some of the release dates of things are wonky but they have been doing a good job fixing things.
  18. DariyaVika Augur

Let's dispel the myth that enchanters are difficult or complicated to play. They are not. For the people that like to play EQ while they're half-afk watching TV, maybe, but if you're actually playing the game they're pretty simple. If y'all are planning to raid, then enchanters can get boring. If you and your wife are just planning to duo and do group content, then you have nothing to worry about. Enchanters are a lot of fun because of their utility and power. I would argue that they're kind of OP past level 40 or so when charm gets more and more reliable.

On Ragefire I was alt-tab boxing my warrior and enchanter in seb chef area. I was pulling and tanking with the warrior and mezzing, buffing, and slowing with the enchanter. As long as you have some situational awareness....playing an enchanter is pretty simple. Mezz mob one, mezz mob two, mezz mob 3, mezz mob 4, slow mob 5 that the warrior is tanking, check the mez timer on mob 1 and med up, reapply mez as necessary and apply slow when you think you can get away with it. That particular situation only happened because one of the group members aggroed another room accidentally. As an enchanter, you can pacify rooms so a warrior can pull singles or doubles and make it really easy to xp.
  19. DariyaVika Augur

Was going to say. Bard/Shaman can make sense, since the shaman slowing a mob makes it far easier for a bard to tank it, and the mana/health regen means the shaman can keep a solid rotation of root rotting while the bard pulls or chants to add dot dps. Bard/druid kind of sucks.
  20. Galleyan Augur

I think generally what people mean when they say that enchanters are "complicated" (at least, it's what I mean) is that they are one of the most complex classes in EverQuest. It's simply played differently than anything else. And if you're a total noob to EQ, the whole concept of a class dedicated to CC is a little alien (and yes, I include Charm in CC, even though it's absurd DPS).

Does that mean they require some superhuman level of skill? No. Not at all. There are far more complex video games in existence than *EVERYTHING* EQ could ever throw at you.