What is the best duo combination for the new Agnarr server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by slayersaysdie, Apr 21, 2017.

1. slayersaysdie Journeyman

My wife and I are going to be jumping back in when Agnarr goes live so I'm wondering what would be the best duo combination for us? I know Mage's are pretty strong but start losing steam Shadows of Luclin and beyond. Necro's remain strong throughout. Enchanters are always good but I'd have to roll the Enchanter and I don't know if I want to main an Enchanter. Clerics are always needed but don't have the utility of a Shaman or Druid.

So it's a toss up. I'd love some feedback and opinions.

Thanks EQ Forums.
  2. AgentofChange Augur

Mage / Mage
    slayersaysdie likes this.
  3. slayersaysdie Journeyman

Pretty sure my two brothers are going to play as well. One will play a Mage for sure. Not sure about the other.
  4. Dilf Augur

My vote is for Rogue / Rogue being the best duo Agnarr will ever see!
  5. Ryder Lorekeeper

ranger/rogue
  6. Arrk Augur

Backstab Ping Pong
  7. slayersaysdie Journeyman

The soloer in me wants to do Necro and have my wife play either a druid/shaman, but reading around the forums it seems that enchanter and either druid/cleric are considered the best duoing team. I don't know if I'd be up for maining an Enchanter though. They're challenging to play and level but highly sought after for groups in later levels not to mention the coin you can make from KEI and Enchanter buffs. Plus if we did say Enchanter/Cleric combo we'd have zero problems finding groups in the later levels.

Tough decision to make. Appreciate the feedback so far!
  8. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Enchanter/cleric is pretty unquestionably the strongest duo possible in all eras that Agnarr will ever see. Enchanter/druid works pretty decently as well, especially once druid gets the semi-CH type heal. SK/shaman or monk/shaman are also both really popular and powerful duos. Necro/shaman is quite good as well, particularly in zones where the necro can find a strong charm target. There's great spots for that in all Agnarr eras as well: LGuk, CoM, HS, Chardok, Akheva, CoD... other places I'm sure I am forgetting.
  9. Kahna Augur

The most effective duos in EQ cover the three basics. Tanking, slow, heals. Most have some form of either CC or single pulling. Traditionally the following combos are the most efficient. Other combos can work, but you have to get far more creative or you are limited in what or where you can hunt.

Chanter/cleric or druid
    SK or Monk/Shaman
    Necro or mage/Shaman
    Beastlord/druid or cleric
  10. MaxTheLion Augur

Considering Agnarr will lock PoP/LDoN. SK/Shaman and tell your two brothers to make Rangers.
    Ming Tee and slayersaysdie like this.
  11. Gurgen New Member

No one has mentioned this yet but Warrior/Cleric is also very powerful, tho generally slower at farming hoards of mobs than others that have been brought up. As long as the cleric can pacify you can pull singles fairly easily. Once the warrior gets a slow proc weapon you can take down some really big targets in the 50-65 range. Especially if you consider using haste and clarity potions from the shop. You are also the backbone of any raid or group.
    Ming Tee and slayersaysdie like this.
  12. Karnij New Member

I'm planning on running a bard/Druid duo. Probably not the most efficient but it sounds like it could be fun.
  13. slayersaysdie Journeyman

SK was my main back in the Kunark days and I played it alone all the way to into Luclin. I hated it. Nobody wanted an SK for their group because Paladins were the OP tank so it made me hate the SK class. I know they fixed them eventually but the struggle of trying to level a SK in those days made me quit EQ several times (only to come back).

I eventually started boxing. Rolled a Mage and a Shaman. SK/Shaman is a good combo but I think if I rolled an SK I would just hate the game again, lol.
  14. Rhodz Augur

When going for a duo it is no different than a group or a raid, DPS must be served.
  15. Ultrazen Augur

Druid/Chanter is pretty much impossible to beat. If you want to take things a bit lazier but less invloved, SK/Cleric or druid or shaman.

Druid/Chanter is the best duo in the game IMO, especially in the eras that this server is set up for.
  16. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

ench/cleric is my preference.
  17. Coach_Kegadin Augur

Anyone who suggests something other than chanter/cleric is delusional. If we are talking about the "best" duo, there is no competition.
  18. Machentoo Augur

What is this fun of which you speak? By any objective standard, a bard/druid won't get you there.
  19. Razzle Augur

All good choices. Might be over populated in the enchanter class, at least to start. Enc/Druid is good with the snares and charming.
  20. slayersaysdie Journeyman

For people suggesting enchanter/cleric - my concern would be that Clerics don't offer the utility that Druids or Shamans do. I know Clerics are the best healers but you get so much more bang for your buck with a druid or a shaman. Other than better HP buffs and better overall healing what else does a Cleric bring to the table?
    nagash101 likes this.