What is the best duo combination for the new Agnarr server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by slayersaysdie, Apr 21, 2017.

1. slayersaysdie Journeyman

I've pretty much decided Druid will be one of the classes to start. They offer so much utility. Damage shields, SoW, buffs, okay heals, evac, ports - I'm playing on p99 and travel is such a pain so the Druid will help with that until PoP unlocks. I just haven't decided on the second character. I'm still leaning Enchanter despite not really wanting to play it. When RoK unlocks wife and I will do a Necromancer/Shaman combo. When PoP unlocks I'll probably roll a cleric and she'll roll something else. It's just that first three months I still haven't decided what I'm going to play.
  2. Rhodz Augur

Best way to learn Enc is to either solo or duo one for a while.
    Once you get that down group if you wish at least you will know how to get a lot out of what the class offers. And if it's one of those Monty Python groups back off a bit, go into survival mode, and keep an exit handy as you enjoy the show.
    You know... those groups
    slayersaysdie likes this.
  3. Acen Elder

LOL @ The Rabbit.
    Rhodz and slayersaysdie like this.
  4. Juzam Djinn Elder

Having a Blast with Necro/Necro Have one set up as dps and the other as utility . Melt everything
  5. Pikallo Augur

For 2 TLPs now(RF and Phin) I've rolled Enchanter / Druid / Mage and do not regret it. I've done both raiding and group content throughout both servers. While clerics are undisputed better at healing, and CH helps a lot with this duo - the utility of the druid in the early expansions is pretty huge. Thinking back on multiple years of playing Enchanter/Druid/Mage, I could definitely see instances where I said to myself "A cleric would have been better here", but on the flipside, there are tons of situations where I would have preferred the druid For this duo in particular, when it comes to the group game, the parts that stand out the most are:

Cleric - CH and rez. Those are really the only things I found lacking on the druid when duoing group content. There are ways around needing CH(charm break / mez / blur / regen to full), but it would be a nice convenience. Not having to hunt down a rez if you catch a bad break with charm or whatever is really nice too. In classic, not having Sup. Heal was a bit noticeable, but not overly game-breaking if you play well and minimize the healing required.

Druid - Evac/ports, buffs, snare, charm. I used evac quite a bit. Not necessarily as an escape mechanism, but as a convenience. Avoiding a trainer, taking a break without needing to gate and worry about bind point, travel through certain zones, desire to change camps in a dungeon, etc. Not having to rely on jboots(which are noticeably slower than sow), shm pots, or station cash pot for run speed is underrated in additional to having the ideal hp/ac/mana buff come Velious+ with potg. Double charming, in the places where it works, is extremely powerful, fun, and challenging as this duo. I had mage DS with my trio, but if you are rolling with the duo - having a good DS on the pet is a nice benefit, although not game-breaking. Snare is also nice, more of a convenience than a necessity, but still very useful. You can get by with roots/stuns and pure charm pet dmg, but ultimately there are times where a runner can cause problems(and without evac, it can easily spell trouble if you aren't careful).

Bottom line is that cleric is probably a bit more powerful, safe, and easy for most actual gameplay, but the other utility provided by the druid makes live that much easier if you can properly deal with their shortcoming in the healing department. Just had to continue my forum crusade for supporting druids! Good luck.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

You forgot pulling.
  7. Relyn Lorekeeper

Just go with the classes you want to play, necro and shaman/druid (whatever your wife wants to play), then race change at Kunark. If you both end up playing classes you don't want to really play, you'll most likely quit before Kunark even opens.
  8. Rhodz Augur

Heh ok
  9. nagash101 Augur

^^^^
    This, Ranger DPS is just crazy Luclin to PoP and even into LDoN.
  10. nagash101 Augur

Dwarf Barrel Roll, for the win.
  11. Zapford Elder

The sexiest duo would have to be Troll SK and Troll Shammy, (old models of course)
  12. Kanuvan Elder

Pullers are generally in high demand to

And yea, dont see why you would be so hooked on duoing when there's going to be 4+ instances of exp parties that could use a cleric and would get 10x the exp/hour on the initial launch period, maybe you can worry about duoing when the initial rush is over
  13. Rhodz Augur

Depends on if the camp even has enough mobs to support that rate.
    Cant kill what aint up.
    Sometimes a duo means four fewer chances for someone to do something stupid.
    McDuuin and slayersaysdie like this.
  14. Xind New Member

I was gonna run Enchanter/Druid at the outset so I could use them to PL everything else afterwards. Put casters on the druid account and Melee on the Enchanter account.