Unable to Start Everquest

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dane, May 13, 2014.

1. Ratbo Peep Augur

This is just a guess - but it seems that (all of a sudden) EQ is looking for files in its own folder that it normally found a path to elsewhere.
    -R
  2. Romance Augur

Same issue, Windows Vista 64-bit.

Attempted all the posted fixes and no dice.
  3. Orbital101 Augur

4. Benzarden Augur

5. JChan Developer

We've just pushed out another build. If you are still experiencing this issue please update your client and let us know if you are still having issues.

Thanks,
    Romance likes this.
  6. Benzarden Augur

Woo! Mr. Chan, you are the man!

Problem is resolved.
  7. Orbital101 Augur

Not sure what did it... did all the above and rebooted and was able to log in.
  8. Tobynn Augur

Ms. Chan !
  9. Benzarden Augur

Ms. Chan, you are the WOMAN!
  10. Violator-Bristlebane New Member

EQ crashes after clicking Play on the launcher for me.

Error message is "Application Error (0xc0150002), and then the program crashes.

OS is Windows XP. I had no issues until last nights client update.
  11. pk76 Augur

i got the same error now , OS is also window xp ..........yesterday i had the msvcr100.dll problem that the link someone posted fixed it, but now i got this one :confused: ( 0xc0150002 )
  12. pk76 Augur

i tried to find a fix for Application Error (0xc0150002) , i checked from google and wikipedia were suggesting to
    do a system restore but didn't work and still got this error.........only improvement i got is , i was crashing ( app error ) after clicking the EQ icon, now i can go up to the account logging but crash as soon as i press the play button
  13. Ratbo Peep Augur

Same here. "Application Error (0xc0150002)" (Using 32 Bit XP-Pro)
    I "fixed" the msvcr100.dll problem last night - by "stealing" a copy of that .dll file from Firefox for my EQ folder.
    Whatever they did this time broke it again. And I can't fix this one. :(
    -Rat (shakes head)

PS: I can add a bit of info to this.
    I just tried it on a second XP-Pro 32 bit machine -same exact problem.
    I should note that on both machines the patcher download process appeared to "lock up" at about 85% done. Then re-running the patcher again - it checks all the files, finds them OK, and clears it to hit PLAY. (Then the app. error appears after you hit play)
  14. Dreadin New Member

Windows Vista 64 bit. I get CRT not initialized.

My wife's windows 8 machine loads fine.
  15. Ratbo Peep Augur

IMHO - Regardless of what is going on here - It's time to first do a quick patch that reverts the game software back to exactly where it was early last night. ( ie Before this "feral patch" got pushed live.) There are at least three separate errors being reported by different users.
    File not found: MSVCR100.dll
    Application Error (0xc0150002)
    R6030 - CRT not Initialized Error

So it seems time to "stop the bleeding" first. Then - you all can sort out "what's wrong" internally.
    -R
  16. DedosMM New Member

Receiving this error, upon trying to start the game.
    [IMG]
    I know others have had the same error. Some claimed to have fixed it one way or another and are able to log in, but I can't seem to figure it out. I am running Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit and all my game files are up to date as of 0930 EST today and I still can't get on.
    sula likes this.
  17. Dreadin New Member

Hey, the silliest thing just worked for me. I right clicked the launcher and ran it as administrator.

I was able to get in that way.
  18. DedosMM New Member

Glad you were able to get in, but that didn't work for me.
  19. Dreadin New Member

well, i did do that vredist_x64 first but by itself that did not work, so no idea
    if it was one, or combination of both that got me in.
  20. DedosMM New Member

I've tried everything I've seen on here regarding that particular error, but still no dice. :(