Unable to Start Everquest

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dane, May 13, 2014.

1. Beldrune Apprentice

Uninstalled EQ, EQ2 and DCUO, which also wouldn't load, thinking it was a related error across the board since I had a virus I recently purged. I have avg and spybot S&D disabled while I try to reinstall and it doesn't help. When I run the install program, I get direct X search for updated version, and it loads patcher, but then that's it. I get a error button where play usually is, and a window with: Unable to download SocketError:Host Not Found (11001) - Http://manifest.patch.station.sony.com/patch/sha/manifest/eq/eq-en/live/eq-en-tcg.sha.soe, repeated 6 times. Anyone got any tips? I have a feeling it's something simple that I'm missing.
  2. Sarkaukar Augur

Generally it is #2 followed by setting Admin privileges on the shortcut, and on the install program right click on it and select run with Admin privileges.

3. Beldrune Apprentice

Hey thanks for the tips, none of it worked tho. I did a system restore, which i should have done a week ago when my PC got infected. EQ works, I'm happy.
  4. IceSy Augur

Windows 8, 64bit.
    Still can't log in, it gets to the server select screen,. I click on my server and "enter",....then bails.