Unable to Start Everquest

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dane, May 13, 2014.

1. Shadowbrook New Member

Just Tried a Uninstall from the Patchier Screen Option, just finished the Reinstall and it DIDN'T Work if that helps Dev Team still getting R6030 - CRT not Initialized Error
  2. Vladrik New Member

I am having this same issue ( cant find mscvr100.dll), after logging off to run the patch. running windows 7 64 bit home premium. did the same log off to run patch on second computer , windows 8.1 64 bit with no problem
  3. pk76 Augur

same for me............................................................................on window XP btw....
  4. pk76 Augur

5. Benzarden Augur

Those of you having the MSVCR100.dll error, check Szan's post from the first page. There is a link to the Microsoft C++ x86 download. It will fix your problem. Noooow to find a solution to the runtime error.
  6. Augmentation New Member

Same error here on one computer with : Windows Vista 64 bit.
  7. Ratbo Peep Augur

You need to COPY msvcr100.dll from any other folder on your PC over to your EQ folder to fix it.
    -R
  8. Ryudaian New Member

I am receiving the following error on Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2 64-bit:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\EverQuest\eqgame.exe

R6030
    - CRT not initialized
  9. Feradach Augur

Just ran the patcher to get the new client on Windows 8.1 64-bit and EQ fired up with no problems.
  10. Goldhawx New Member

Yes, this link helped, but only for 64 bit system:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26999
    downloading the vcredist_x86.exe from that link fixed the MSVCR100.dll error on 64bit Win7
    downloading the vcredist_x64.exe from that link fixed the Runtime R6030 error on 64bit Win7
    Playing on the 64bit~!
    However,
    downloading the vcredist_86.exe from that link while fixing the MSVCR100.dll error on 32bit Vista
    Still boned because cannot download the vcredist_x64.exe from that link because 32bit Vista and will not patch on that platform...thus the R6030 Runtime error persists on 32bit Vista.
    Gold
  11. Josef New Member

Confirmed, running the *_x64.exe doesn't fix the *.DLL error but running *_x86.exe does work on my Win7/64-bit system. Weird, but I'll take what I can get.
  12. Shadowbrook New Member

Just downloading the vcredist_x64.exe from that link DID NOT Fix R6030 error on WIndow 7 Home 64 Bit
    suka likes this.
  13. Willox New Member

I can get into the game but I'm experiencing some heavy choppy lag that makes playing extremely sluggish. I can type, if I type 1 word a minute, I can move but the game freezes for a few seconds each turn so I guess I can't really play at all. Everything is somewhat delayed

Just purchased my comp last month. Windows 8
  14. Danaeka Journeyman

Posting for a friend who can't get into SOE website either. Has the Runtime Error R6030 (CRT not initialized error. C++ runtime.

He has XP - 32 bit.
  15. david elkins New Member

well it appears that the problem is being pushed down by sony. Earlier today I was able to play but not now. thanks sony. My luachpad got a push and said it was download a file , then getting the same error as other are getting. Vista x 64.
  16. Len13 New Member

Windows 7 64 bit X 2 machines.. tried installing c++ 2010 because google said that is where this file is from but that did not work.
  17. Len13 New Member

This file appears to be part of Java and part of the Nvidia 335.23 video driver package and also exists in C:Windows\System32.

I copied the file from the Nvidia folder to the system32 folder and i copied it to my everquest folder. It worked.
  18. Len13 New Member

Copying the file from the Nvidia folder to the Everquest folder was the fix Both PCs are up now
  19. Mytoss Elder

problems here as well , win 7 32 bit
  20. Mytoss Elder

i tried copying that file mentioned as well , no luck :(