TLP PvP Server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sham, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Sham New Member

Has there ever been a comment about this officially?

I would love nothing more than a TLP PvP Server, the first days of VZ/TZ were some of my fondest memories in an MMO. The maniac-driven Sullon Zek server was easily the best populated and most fun PvP server I have ever played on in an MMO.

Honestly I would take any PvP server ruleset if they made a TLP one.
  2. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

Has it been a month already?
    Pictarous, Syrup, JustACleric and 2 others like this.
  3. Sham New Member

Did they almost make one a month ago? I only came back to EQ like 3 weeks ago
    Lardon likes this.
  4. Kiani Augur

I think he means someone asks for this every month.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  5. Atomos Augur

It has been proven, time and time again, that a large majority of Everquest players do not care about PVP. Everquest PVP, anyway. Don't get me wrong, there are those who do care about it, but most do not, therefore it would be silly for a company to spend resources on it.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  6. Korillo Augur

EQ PvP is quite frankly awful. I love this game, but if I wanted to play a game with PvP it would be at the very bottom of my list.
    AlmarsGuides and JustACleric like this.
  7. Weverley Augur

We usually get a thread like this every month.First 1 i remember was at the beginning of ragefire to counter the people afk killing lol.
  8. Phased Sullon Zek Lorekeeper

You sound like you played on team EZ.
  9. Kittany Augur

Yet, there is unfortunately a large majority of those who (And I won't name names) endorse indirect PvP by training.
  10. Sham New Member

I don't think Eq PvP is awful. I've never played on a PvE server in any game until I started playing on Phinny 3 weeks ago. Of all the mmos I've played EQ is definitely not bottom tier with PvP. IMO Eq had the best world PvP any game has ever had, because it really mattered when you killed someone to clear out a zone, take a spawn and the team battles always felt epic because you rarely died instantly.

If they made a TLP PvP server they would easily make money off it, even the PvE players would play on it for a couple months because the lowbie battles are that much fun. I know I personally could get a solid 100 or so players to play. I have friends that now make fun of me for coming back to EQ and playing on a blue server, but the second they made a PvP TLP they would all resub.

I was on the neutral team, but I did end up playing with a lot of Hate/Ruin/Vindi members in WoW for a short time.
  11. Coach_Kegadin Augur

You do not play EQ PVP to PVP. You use the PVP aspect of the game to lock down the PVE content. It gives players a way to directly interact with each other instead of resorting to training, charming, forumquesting, etc.
    Thazager likes this.
  12. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Backed. Funny how this suggestion always brings out hidden insecurities in the blue server players.
  13. Sham New Member

I played Eq PvP to PvP, must have done it wrong
  14. Constellation Augur

I really enjoy Ragefire but I would love to try out a pvp progression server.
  15. AlmarsGuides Augur

I wouldn't say the blue players have one. EQ isn't made as a PvP game, the combat system, the movement system, the casting system - everything about it screams PvE.

Look at the difference in PvP server populations on live and then look at the difference between the Red P99 server and the regular P99 server. That's why you won't get a PvP TLP (at least not before Daybreak starts rolling out any type of random TLP to make money) because there are very very few who are interested in it.

If you guys want a PvP TLP band together and show Daybreak it will be profitable by all playing on the Red P99 server. It'll show that the market for a PvP TLP is viable. I honestly doubt until that server regularly breaks 4 digits in population (it struggles even getting over 100 most days...) you won't see any PvP TLP here. Truth is, even if it did make daybreak money, they would never want to balance the game around PvP - with all the whiners here (they made a server just for whiners, Phinigel) imagine how much stress/extra work it would be trying to make a PvP TLP even moderately enjoyable.
  16. Sham New Member

Could literally make a Phinny server and flag it PvP and I would be happy with it. The 99 servers suck imo and all for people who won't spend 10$ on a game they enjoy.
  17. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Almar provin' my point. Never played on PvP server but come out of the woodwork to school me about why it wouldn't work--why?
  18. Thrustar New Member

I'm waiting for a TLP pvp server here. The players that don't wish to pvp or think EQ pvp is not fun just have to stay on the pve servers. No one force you to make a toon on every server DBG will create in the future. Why post on a pvp thread if you dont like EQ pvp!? It's out of my understanding.

I would subscribe back for sure.
  19. Sham New Member

I always thought that Eq's combat system made the PvP more fun. You don't get instantly killed in a relatively fair fight. I left Sullon Zek about Luclin time, so yea manaburn/lifeburn were instant kills on a timer, but Eq's made those abilities feel so devastating that it never bothered me.

It's not like WoW where any class can instantly kill you
  20. Ultrazen Augur

Saying that there aren't enough people to warrant a PvP server is pretty funny, in a game where there aren't enough people to support *any* game mode. EQ is the very definition of a niche game, in a little dark corner of the internet. The fact that the game is running in any form is sort of a quaint novelty.

Yes...the hundreds of players that support PvE EQ lol....so funny. PvP in EQ was fun. I started out on a PvP server when I first started playing EQ and played there for a few months. Only reason I ever stopped, is because my crew of friends was playing on 7th hammer, and the social aspect of the game ended up winning.

Given what it costs to run a server these days, and how few people play EQ in the first place, starting a PvP TLP is a 'why not'? venture. Trying to paint it as some kind of huge undertaking or big deal, is very specious reasoning. Who cares if only 200 people end up playing on it? I'm guessing you'd be surprised how many people would at least try it out for a few months, that's more or less DBGs current strategy, keep opening TLPs to get that initial rush of interest and cash. This gives them a good excuse to open another one.

From a strictly business standpoint, opening a TLP PVP server is a good idea.
    Dankshyt likes this.