TLP PvP Server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sham, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Coach_Kegadin Augur

Yo bluebies stop up our PVP threads. You cried enough and got an instanced server. Let us cry too please.
  2. Phased Sullon Zek Lorekeeper

Everyone in Black Crown all re-rolled to join Tides of Wrath because we were fed up with all the BP and Hate cross-teaming going on.
  3. GhostbustersII Elder

How cool would it be to have a server just like phinny where you have raid instances plus open world and PVP too!

Raid uninterrupted but don't take sht from noone outside of raid instances!
  4. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

GM corruption on RZ was well-documented. You can even Google it up from reliable sources (Nirgon on Proj99 forums) without taking my word for it. The Stephans DB is up. You can check his guild history or mine--since you know so much about RZ, apparently.

As for Speedd--we can count your foaming-mouth QQs a decade later among his accomplishments. It takes a very particular kind of player to piss people off so bad they're still angry about it so long after the fact.

The fact my characters are retired are proof that you a new PvP server would be a bust? Holy inverted logic, Batman! They prove I'm someone with a decade-plus EQ habit who isn't playing. I'm precisely the kind of subscriber that DBG should want back. I was also a guidleader--twice--who would tell his whole guild to come back again if there was a viable server for us.
  5. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Make fun of Zek's server pop all you want, but there are plenty of blue servers with populations just as bad or worse. They include two of your precious TLP servers, which you don't want to share with red players (here's an idea: flag Vulak red. Since the server sucks so much: We'll take it off your hands).

The fact of the matter is that I and the other red EQ players would love to play again at some point. But the red emulated server options aren't viable, and Zek isn't viable for reasons that have nothing to do with server pop. The reason we don't go back to Zek is that, let's say you quit when max level was 85 and now it's 105: for most people you're looking at about a month-long learning curve to become remotely viable again in your class of choice. Very few people are interested in coming back to EQ with the promise of the game being fun AFTER a month of time invested.

Sound familiar? Oh yeah! That's why you all clamor for new blue TLPs. Hypocrite much?
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  6. Random newb Augur

First, I didn't play on any Zek or even PvP often. That said, I'd support a tlp PvP server in words (wouldn't play on it). I say they give you guys one.

Second, why not just take over vulak? Go on and turn in the books to go PvP, or is there a huge difference between doing that and actually having a PvP rule set?

They really shield just move everyone from vulak to fippy and close it down.
  7. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

The other day I tried turning in a book on a blue server. Got the red text, but my name didn't go red and I wasn't PvP-enabled. So that tactic appears broken for now. I brought this to DBG's attention, but got zero reply.

Second, in answer to your question about why we don't just go over to Vulak and all go red: If there was a server that was default red, but allowed you to book over to blue, would you choose to locate your blue guild there? No--you'd want a server that defaulted to your ruleset, because you'd know the chance of a stable, long-term community embracing that ruleset would be pretty poor otherwise.

There's a long history of SOE/DBG doing things equally insulting (letting blue servers sit empty but acting like the red server's population justifies neglecting it). Most recently: They actively worked with providers of cheat programs to break/prohibit the most popular compiles of those cheat programs on Phinny. We've known for years how easy/simple it would be for SOE or DBG to do this, and the fact that when they finally did it, it was on Phinny (not Zek) is a huge insult. There's only one server on EQ where players had to deal with cheat programs in PvP, and that should have been the server where anti-cheat was vigorously enforced.

To add insult to injury, they didn't even bother copying their Phinny anti-cheat over to Zek, which would have required zero additional effort.
  8. Random newb Augur

That's a kick in the teeth all around. Especially the book not working anymore, my next suggestion was going to be get so your friends on am active progression server and go red causing dbg to take notice of all the PvP flagged people.
  9. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Book definitely isn't working. Tried again tonight on a wide variety of toons in a wide variety of zones. Red text/confirmation text, but you don't get PvP-flagged and your name stays blue.
  10. Kittany Augur

For those who don't believe I was ever on VZ...
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Constellation likes this.
  11. Sham New Member

I truly don't understand why so many blue Eq players are against a PvP TLP server. Most of you do realize that 90% of the Red Eq players don't play anymore, right? That's why they aren't posting in this thread, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't come play the second a new PvP server went live.

I have been away from this game for a really long time. My biggest deterrent in coming back is that the game is vastly different. I missed the launch of the first Prog Servers, but recovered my account while thinking about coming back. Then I got an email about Phinny and decided to try it out. Before that I never posted on these forums, I hardly payed attention to this game, except for the fact I like the direction Daybreak was going in.

There are a lot of players out there like me, there are a lot of Red Eq players out there like me. Trust me I know, because I get made fun of everyday when I load up EQ and it goes on my steam friends list. They don't make fun of me for playing Eq, they laugh because it is a PvE server. Everyone of them would come play on a new PvP server, for atleast a couple months. That is the type of person Daybreak is looking for, they want to sell to more people.
    Constellation likes this.
  12. Atomos Augur

It's not blues, or players that are against a TLP PVP server. It's DBG, how can you not see that? If DBG thought there was enough interest or enough income involved in running one, there would be one. But there isn't. So there won't be one. If I thought it wasn't a waste of time, I'd be all for it. But I'd rather the company spend their resources on things that will actually be utilized by a majority of the playerbase, not a tiny fraction of it.

And please stop pretending that there are all these players hiding in the bushes that "would come back in a heartbeat for a TLP PVP server." I guarantee the max population the server would see is ~200, and that would only be during peak. And would only last a few months at most. Then it'll be back down to sub 50 like every other EQ PVP server.

Again, waste of time and money to support a playstyle that a minimal amount of players want.
    JustACleric likes this.
  13. Gator34 New Member

You are high. 200? Get real. Stop pretending like you have any idea how many people would come back for a revitalized pvp server. Would hardly be a waste of time. You may only see a few of us who post on these forums, but there are many, many, many more who would come running back once they got wind of something that would give them an experience similar to the one they had before. Most people that played on red servers quit when pvp was unbearable, moved on to other games, hated them, and have either quit playing mmos in general, or are playing a game they don't like simply to be playing something. It took years of unchecked nonsense for zek to die down to the level you see now.
  14. Coach_Kegadin Augur

I really just don't understand the hate from the blue players. People like me, Sachee, Skykam, etc. are up your server at the moment and we would leave in a heartbeat if they opened a PVP server. I only see this as a win/win situation. Please enlighten me.
  15. Gator34 New Member

DBG also picked up EQ at a time when Zek was no doubt not a success. If they, or you had been around for any of the pvp servers during their initial run, the idea of a new and updated pvp server, or simply of fixing pvp in general, wouldn't be so ludicrous. Pvp servers died away because sony didnt care enough to fix some of the issues, not because people didn't care enough to play it. People love pvp servers on EQ. Because eq is a pve game, and pvp gives them the ability to control, protect, defend and take away the resources of their competitors. Most people on blue servers have thought about being able to kill players they don't like. Pvp servers just make it a reality. And yea, it had its drawbacks with gms, and third party programs. But these were never addressed either.
  16. Wintermalo Augur

[IMG]
    JustACleric likes this.
  17. Gator34 New Member

Awesome meme bro
  18. Rhodz Augur

Honestly? Most had less than stellar experiences on a PvP server at some point. Ours was fairly mixed even with a built in partner (wife) things were dicey starting out behind everyone else while learning the ways of the server. Got real toxic at times even not being one to go looking for trouble. People hang back and wait for when the mobs are doing what mobs do then boom, valid tactic but pretty cheap and that was the majority of the PvP we experienced. So no there isnt much drive to champion the cause.
    Not blaming EQ specifically as Dark Fall produced pretty much the same results, cheesy arsed behavior from people that took PvP to mean licence to grief.
    Well it is what it is and most couldn't care less but some would like to at least start out even but couldnt say how many. Besides pretty sure we are all burnt out on Classic at this point so I've no interest in any more TLPs beginning there no matter the rule set.
  19. Gator34 New Member

The risk involved with pvp servers, operating in a pve game, is what draws many players to the concept. If you didn't enjoy it, thats fine, but to throw shade on it, when there are plenty of people who do enjoy it, is another thing entirely.
  20. Coach_Kegadin Augur

You don't have to play on it. Why does everyone think they have to play on the PVP server? Most of us are adults by now, the lack of logic and reading comprehension is astounding.