The "No box" Server Information

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Frenzic, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Throndor Augur

They requiring the purchase of the latest expansion to play on the upcoming server?
  2. Kegwell Lurker since '99

They are pretty not smart if they don't.
  3. Jezzie Augur

[IMG]
  4. Vaclav Augur

He could just mean manually with a physical KVM - but even on 6 separate keyboards it wouldn't be that rough. Just lots of spinning the chair to face the right keyboard, I'd get dizzy.
  5. Frenzic Augur

You stay away from my chardok you fiend! :)~
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

That's the point, why exactly do you feel the need to "promote yourself" at all? Doing so seriously distracts from any constructive point you may be trying to make. I'd be happy to stop pointing this out if you'd stop self promoting to the detriment of your arguments. Dealio? =D

Constructive hat:
    Given how rampant boxing is on the current TLP, I'll be really curious to see how many end up using multiple machines to do more or less the same thing that's happened on RF/LJ. Would bet to still see a lot of folks doing 2-6 toons, as PC hardware is cheap and the advantages of multiple accounts is really too significant to ignore. I must admit the first thing that crossed my mind when reading 1 toon per PC was to pull out my laptop for the 2nd account heh.
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Did they ever nerf those skeleton traps on the way to royals? I remember years ago those being crazy like pineapple.
  8. Curate007 New Member

Kindof hard to make that claim on something that releases it's source code and has you compile. Any experienced programmer can beat that. You also act as if you cant spoof hardware id's. It's not 1999 - All of this information is easily obtainable via google. Also, Tell me more about your plan about having EQ scan that far indepth to check HWID's. What if i happen to plug in multiple usb wifi connectors and map different processes, or even installations from different hdd's on the same computer, to each usb device? Don't even need vm/vb. Hell, don't even need usb receivers, when you have vpn's, ssh tunneling, neighbors wifi(lol).

inb4 you know leet hackers (hacking isnt even the correct term) that will rally against it, its really not hard to see where they are planning to put their code thats going to prevent new server etc etc

[IMG]
  9. Eliseus Augur

lolanonaccount.
  10. Vaclav Augur

I can't answer to many things here... but...

A) For spoofing HWIDs - you can't fake two in the same OS environment and you can't run two environments on the same machine without VM. And VMWare (and probably other VM software) is instantly detected and banned. So please drop that nonsense - if it works it'll work very narrowly and likely be patched not long after - VM is TRIVIAL to detect from all accounts.

B) In that image, you're presuming that the obvious sign there is the only one. If you're wanting to catch people tinkering with something, making the starting tinker spot obvious is always a nice way to sting people. No clue if they're using it as a fake or anything, but assuming zero deception is hilarious.
  11. Okial Augur

As for A), I'd say it holds weight. It would be easy for them to restrict things such as AWS's by HWID, Therefore spoof that and done. That would be the easiest way to box via remote.

B) From looking at the image, you can't really "hide" things in programming when you release the source. And while an empty block is extremely odd, it means nothing until actual implementation. I don't think he meant "OMG THIS IS EXACTLY WHERE IT WILL BE 100%", But that spot is getting ready for "something", and once implemented, it wont be hard to figure out whats sending your server data.

While it is a shame, it's a part of technology to always be finding workarounds for practically anything. Hell, I run Windows XP on my Android phone. (Full OS babyyyyy)
  12. rune00 Augur

I think he is referring to the "Server" he marked and not the "empty block" you are referring to which is just a placeholder for the destructor, that one will never ever hold any code at all but feel free to check it every now and then, it's not going to change and it's not getting ready for "something" :)
  13. darkvixyen73 Augur

I plan to play on tlp once the server for the no box is out. I will definately use a different name because I always do and I will definately not be rejoining dhs though I wish them no hard feelings and only the best with their future endevors. I will more then likely be a paly again and if you want to find me it sure be easy enough. :)

Formerly,
    Ryuko DHS
  14. Radien Elder

<Cascade> is a progression raiding guild recruiting for the new, "Traditional Box" Progression Server.

Recruitment is now open for all classes. All released information regarding server is linked on site.

LINK: cascadeguild.com
    KevinC likes this.
  15. KevinC New Member

Has there been any ETA on the release of the new server? I saw "during winter" and "before the end of 2015".
  16. KevinC New Member

I just applied :)
  17. Tronk Augur

If they make people buy the new expansion just to play in basic EQ, they should add items that can be claimed on the TLP server, such as a large backpack (ie 24 slots). Not game breaking, but it's a decent perk for putting out expansion money that you will never use otherwise.
  18. Zephyroth Elder

Man the forum is dead this morming :(
  19. Vlorg Augur

you think people won't QQ about those 24 backpack 'ruining their classic experience?''
  20. lalaloup Augur

They havent so far.

Frankly, its easy these days to see who the real whiners have always been.