The "No box" Server Information

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Frenzic, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Frenzic Augur

And a merry Frenzic to you good sir!
    Sheex likes this.
  2. Kobra Augur

I hope you're right. This is going to be a glorious server if people can't download some skill.
    Frenzic likes this.
  3. Dr00d New Member

have fun on the "no box" server when everyone leaves but the 30 or so people who remain. good luck grouping then. TLP servers never really last after that initial honeymoon stage.

you can't really force people to group anymore. get over it. DBG is also remiss if they limit the amount of funds they are able to potentially reap. Frenzic 30boxing mages and making people buy krono to pay for his services? that's win-win for the host company.

this game is old, dudes. it's age is reflected in that M-Q-2 discussion of this magnitude and transparency is actually happening on live forums.

i'm no supporter of frenzic, but for a monetary example it worked. do know this, he is not your friend and these posts are not made in the general player populace's best interest
  4. Lee81 Augur

Sure, new member. By the way, I didn't realize that you have a crystal ball. It doesn't matter when the population drops off. Many people are interested in many xpacs. This is worth a few years or more at the very least. Why don't you stay on your server? Are you afraid of the impact that it will have on your servers?
    Frenzic likes this.
  5. Dr00d New Member

unlike you, this isn't my first rodeo and i didn't decide to "come back" on a whim. i've been here all along.
  6. lalaloup Augur

That could be said of many here.

But they know.

and we do too.
  7. Vaclav Augur

And you think they won't eventually relax the restrictions as time passes to account for such? Are you daft?

Maybe not soon enough to some of the kneejerk reaction people - but certainly by the time "only 30 people are playing there".

PS - Some of us will be boxing day one thanks to multiple machines including myself.
    Frenzic likes this.
  8. Frenzic Augur

Oh you...

Everyone knows I'm a friendly ogre and always go out of my way to help a fellow EQer in need. I think it's fair to say that I'm one of the nicest people you'll meet in game. Through all the drama that has been Ragefire/Lockjaw, have you seen a single post saying I trained someone? I stole their camp? Nope all you see is positive interactions of me helping people. The only real negative stuff is made up lies and falsities of conduct from past servers. In my country you're innocent until proven guilty, and there has never even been a shred of evidence against me, just words written on forums.

I'm looking out for everyone's best interest :D
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]
    ^
    You forgot this.

Have no problems with people playing the game however they want to play it, but coming to the forums to act like you're farming pixelated wealth for the good of anyone other than yourself is a bit silly.

Ive been helped by 24+ boxers on RF before, and not a single one of them expected adoration or preened for ego stroking like you're doing on virtually every post man. It's disingenuous, tired and takes away from any legitimate point you're attempting to make, assuming it's not just one big Grobb.
  10. Frenzic Augur

I don't see how what you're referring to is a negative.

Do I help people? Yes
    Do I ask for payment? No
    Do I appreciate them spreading kind words about me? Yes
    Do I promote myself as a positive, helpful player? Yes

Just because I spend much of my time acquiring in game wealth, doesn't mean I'm disingenuous, selfish, greedy, ego driven. I share my wealth at times and I share my in game power. I never kick people out of areas or content, even though I have the power to.

In short: Stop hatin bro!
  11. Eliseus Augur

Don't know much about Frenzic, but I do find it funny people who have come into this thread to either show displeasure towards Frenzic for giving info on the up coming server or mock the idea behind the server while making it apparent they won't be playing on it. The hypocrisy is high in this thread for what you guys claim Frenzic to be.
    Frenzic likes this.
  12. Agrippa Augur

If they had had the sense to allow instancing upon request, rather than having a ridiculously high threshold to start new instances, I highly doubt people would be whining about the boxing so much. Groups can lock down large portions of zones now. If instancing were available upon request, there'd be no stepping on others' toes. Folk that box would be doing their thing in their own instance and single account owners would be doing their thing. I know that the people that enjoy monopolizing content would be against the idea, but there's no real reason that this shouldn't happen on all servers.
  13. Machen New Member

Just like they merged vulak/fippy to account for such? I wouldn't count on any changes being made to accommodate low population, ever. Maybe they will, but I wouldn't assume.
  14. Vaclav Augur

They did "merge" Vulak and Fippy with the timeframe they opened up free transfers between both by offering 0 SC transfer tokens.

It just was voluntary rather than involuntary. [Which is a weird way to do it, IMO since they have hardware almost unused with the one left but... alas that was their choice with the out of sync issue]
  15. RadarX Augur

Let's move this back on topic and without the poking please.
  16. Frenzic Augur

*poke* :D

I'm excited for this. I truly hope Daybreak reaches out to the community and listens this time. Ragefire and Lockjaw were a mess with all the changes and back and forth with rules, enforcement ect. For this server, please stick with a plan. Announce it in full prior to launching the server. Let us beta test the instancing, no boxing, no cheating. Give us enough time to enjoy the eras, please no two month unlocks...

This server has the chance to be everything Ragefire should have been and what people were excited for. I doubt many people will look back on Ragefire and say "wow what a success and fun experience that was!" This new server will be more casual friendly and there are A LOT more casual players than hardcore. The community should be much better as well. With all this positive energy, no cheating, instanced raids, everything people have asked for, for years... I nominate the server to be named after one of the greatest things to ever happen to Everquest.

Server name = Frenzic
  17. Machen New Member

They did, but it was way too late. By the time they opened transfers there was virtually no one but EoE and Kuk Clan left on the server. The Vulak community had been begging for transfers for a good two years prior to that with complete silence from SoE while the server population plummetted.
  18. Vaclav Augur

Nod, thus why my original comment included the belief it might be done, but late for many.
  19. Throndor Augur

This guy right here <<<<< can run an aoe group with 4 wizards a chanter and a cleric manually ;) Stay thirsty my friend.
    Sheex likes this.
  20. Kegwell Lurker since '99

I would like to see you buy the latest expansion to be able to do so.