The "No box" Server Information

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Frenzic, Oct 6, 2015.

1. JustAQuestion Elder

It's easy, If DBG says on TLP#4 is [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], Multiboxing of the same class 2+ forbidden or more then 2 chars etc., the mass-boxer will get a Report and get removed or banned. Doesnt matter if they get 20 PCs, VMs, cheap ISPs... if ist vorfidden and u can with 20 alts on your butt you will get booted.
  2. Tris Augur

Just put in a 75% xp penalty everytime someone from the same class is added to the group. For the entire group. If that dosnt work go for 95 %
  3. Poydras Augur

Don't think he hoped to escape d'baggery in the abstract, just one particular case of it.
  4. Steampunk Augur

Might happen, then. I'm not really familiar with details of what's been going on the past month or so. I finally realized that the windmills were winning, so I dropped out. I'm still All Access for a few more months, though, so I keep checking back to see if some kind of miracle happens.
  5. Mire Journeyman

The only way I'd reroll is if it were a pvp server.
  6. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Mages are the main issue....
    3 or more mages in a group = 95% less experience, zero loot on kill

Problem solved, next class that becomes an issue do the exact same thing.
    frankie78227 likes this.
  7. frankie78227 Augur

Any actual update on this new server attempt? Anything at all?
  8. Belgue New Member

Make all the pets NOT to auto assist!

If you want that your pet attack something, you have to send it manually. If you get beat by a mob, while afk, you will die, your pet will not assist you.

That will solve so many problems.
  9. Batbener Augur

Here is an idea. Say no boxing more than x amount of toons. I think the general consensus is more than 3. Some would be fine with 6, some are fine with none. No boxes of the same class would also be a nice rule. They have polls for everything else, that could be a poll, too. If you look like you are boxing too many, you will get banned. Have guides pop in from time to time and actually ban people. Here is the catch, only ban them from that server. That way you can be heavy handed with the ban hammer, and most people will accept that. Boxers aren't the main problem. It's people dominating spawns. More importantly, it's people dominating spawns with 6, 12, 18 or more toons. Those guys are easy to spot, and easy to ban. It's their job, they wont quit EQ. Just don't allow them to play on that server.

Oh, and no new accounts on the server, ever. If it isn't all access by launch or x amount of days after launch, tough. Or at least have customer service have to flag your account as able to be used if you aren't there near the beginning. I get there might be 3 people out there that have never played EQ and might want to give that server a try after it launches...

Last but not least, you must pay for at least 4 months out of 12. You can use kronos, but not until you have paid for 2 months. Then once you hit 6 months, you have to pay for another 2 to be on the server.

That will not make the server a utopia, but it will make it enjoyable for a lot of people. I am guessing in the 3k account range.
    frankie78227 likes this.
  10. Gumby Augur

Whew!! Don't want any of "your type" on there anyway.
  11. SyDiko Augur

DBG, you deleted some of my posts in this thread! That's not nice.
  12. Zavi New Member

Raid instances for SURE.