The ever-favored class

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allayna, Jul 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yimin Augur

Anyone have a chart Pal vs SK against undead , I mean this is about balance right ?

YiMin
  2. Dreadmore Augur

It works as intended. Just that you've

3. Seldom Augur

Ghubuk, to quickly answer your question regarding high end guilds; In the only 15 raid guilds to complete all of ROS expansions, there’s 63 active raiding Shadowknights and 52 active raiding Paladins. So even in “Highend” raiding via live servers, Shadowknights are more popular. If you go below the 15 top guilds, Shadowknight numbers are even more robust obviously as they are such a heavy played class versus Paladin.
    Yimin likes this.
  4. Warpeace Augur

Im actually shocked there are 52. Or was that just on Magelo or something?
  5. Seldom Augur

Nope, not magelo. Real numbers from DKP style active attendance etc.
  6. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Forumquest is a bastion of irony. Forumquest? They sure are going out of their way to highlight those two letters. A hidden quest, perhaps, based on the letters "m" and "q"?? Somebody pull the threads and see what items are unlocked in-game!

As a side note, did you know that there are two ways to spell kumquat? "Cumquat" is also valid.
  7. Warpeace Augur

Send 2 over then, you know they want to come to the dark side FV server.

Clear RoS every Monday....you know you want to join.
    Seldom likes this.
  8. mmats Augur

"Healing is not my role" - Allayna 3:36:00 PST, July 17, 2018
    "Splash doesnt even heal a group to full" - Allayna 3:36:05 PST, July 17, 2018

Your primary role is to keep your group alive via any means necessary. Healing can help with that.

What is it that you think wielding a two-hander has to do with Thought Leech?

BTW just logged into game and hit Thought Leech, and again on refresh. Both times hit for 200k with mana return of 45k. Maybe you just have the magic touch.
  9. Lianeb Augur

the only thing this post needs is someone complaining about grammar
  10. Warpeace Augur

Give it time:p
  11. Allayna Augur

I am relaying my experiences with an SK. Perhaps it has to do with 2H proficiency, perhaps not. I am just saying, that every time I hit it, 100% mana return.

How does healing prevent damage exactly? ...the damage...is done so to say.
  12. mmats Augur

Thought Leech is a disease based lifetap, 2h proficiency has no affect.

Youre right. I have reworded it since it was so incredibly difficult to understand...
  13. Lianeb Augur

Wiz Wiz Monk Ranger Mage SK group in ST

Are we going to do this without a healer?
    SK I am a healer
  14. Cadira Augur

He tanked 8 mobs at once at one point and survived, regularly pulled 4 to camp no problems.

And what's average Raid geared paladin dps on an undead mob? This sk regularly does well over 200k dps over the course of scores of mobs.
  15. Syylke_EMarr Augur

This thread is full of hyperbole and anecdotes. Just own the fact that you started a thread based on an invalid assumption due to a misunderstanding of game mechanics and changes.

Do Pallies need some love? Yes. Attacking another class is not the way to go about this.

Also, comparing numbers of SKs to Pallies is... inaccurate at best. There has always, and will always, be a natural tendency of more players to pick the "darker" "more offensively-oriented" class over the "lighter" "more defensively-oriented" one. Also the simple fact that, as far as raiding is concerned, the two classes are currently interchangeable means that personal preferences play more of a role in class distribution than any actual current balance issues.
  16. Redemption Lorekeeper

let me know when we start the " what pallys need" thread.
  17. Seldom Augur

Syylke, thanks for the laugh. If you really believe there’s a natural tendency for folks to pick darker classes over lighter ones you must not have been around in earlier Everquest years or played other games lol. The only reason there’s so many more Shadowknights than Paladins is because they have been the flavor of the year group tank for many different expansions recently. That’s not even counting all the swarm baby Shadowknights that were created due to epic 2.0 etc. long ago. Numbers don’t lie, all the most popular classes in EQ are that for a reason(s).
  18. Outlander Engine Elder

Using magelo as a yardstick, there are roughly twice as many sk's as paladins. This is looking at all characters at or over level 109, including non-authentic profiles. There are three times as many warriors as paladins.

A year and a half ago when I looked around using /who that ratio was pretty close. I'd say the error bars are plus / minus 25%.

When I came back, I was told repeatedly that there was a raid slot for any well played paladin that wanted it. Because there weren't enough to go around. That still seems to be the general rule.
    Seldom likes this.
  19. Allayna Augur

What I see is a handful of people refusing to discuss the imbalance, not at all. When met with fact or data to back those claims....they deflect.

Allayna and a handful of actual end game paladins: There is an obvious imbalance to the class.

The opposition:

[IMG]
  20. Cicelee Augur

So after 155 plus replies and back and forth banter and arguments between many players, I think we can all agree on one thing-

Magicians need to be nerfed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.