The ever-favored class

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allayna, Jul 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyquid New Member

And gonna just go ahead and call BS on this one. Along with many other post here. How about get good on your class and stop crying? Why do I even read this toxic garbage.
    Xeladom, Drogba and Yimin like this.
  2. Outlander Engine Elder

No one in this thread, including the OP, has called for a nerf.

Pointed out that SK's are flavor of the month? Sure. Because they are. Deal with it. Just go up and down the boards. In any thread about class choice, SK crops up as a recommendation. They are the number one choice for group tank or even solo play. If that makes folks nervous, well the balance pendulum swings and you all know it.

Should we be talking about Paladins? Yep. It doesn't work though. Forum quest has provided the perfect example of a pot of crabs all fighting to get out by pulling everyone else down.

Paladin raid role is now splash and not tanking? Really? What a crock.
  3. WonderBard New Member

Everyone knows how to play the I didn't ask for nerfs game, wink wink. From my read she skirted the line on multiple fronts purposely. It's sickening how common and and accepted this behavior has become.

Personally I have never seen a paladin have an issue tanking anything or with holding aggro ever. You guys can debate your secondary stuff.
    Yimin likes this.
  4. Flatchy Court Jester

Sad thing is all interesting reads like this one get locked soon enough. I wanna hear more back peddling from Machine Shed! ;)
    Yimin likes this.
  5. Dewey Augur

So you believe that it is not calling for a nerf saying that a class can do something that they shouldn't be able to do? Even if said something is or is not possible?

The OP did call for a nerf. If the OP wasn't calling for a nerf; and instead had useful input. Then OP would have suggested a solution to their class or another. The only solution the OP presented was removing the ability from the SK.
    Xeladom and Yimin like this.
  6. Redemption Lorekeeper

i made a thread for ppl interested in discussing what changes paladins need or want. If you want to be constructive it is available.
    Xeladom and Drogba like this.
  7. Outlander Engine Elder

Forum-quest PTSD. Seeing calls for nerfs when what is really happening is a sarcastic "good going" to the teacher's pet.
  8. WonderBard New Member

I posted an outsiders view on what took place. I am going to go out on a limb and say your in her guild or know her based on your side of what took place. Because its pretty obviously that its about as close as you can get to a nerf call without explicitly saying nerf this.

From my read this appeared regarding healing from melee effects. Thought Leech. And their dps.
    Yimin likes this.
  9. Drogba Augur

Not really. Most I never see touch it. I think the general consensus is that its a gimmick.

Sadly they neglected to increase the level cap on the mez proc when RoS increased the level cap:

Presence of Fear Mesmerization

1: Mesmerize up to level 105

The fear still works though.

I actually really like it though. If you're fighting a group of mobs that don't summon, and you know that you're about to die in a few seconds, using presence of fear can save your life. More often than not it will just make things worse, but if you have a high dps group, the time that having many things feared can buy you just enough time to get through the fight sometimes. It's a dangerous gambit button.

The one time that this ability really shined was on arx 5, with the ghost adds, you could help mez them because they were lower con (Though some teams preferred to ae dps those adds instead, which is where the SK pet bomb line of AE nuke was quite useful.. but sadly they've discontinued that line).
    Wulfhere likes this.
  10. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I have ascended to the rank of Elder on deeez forums! Always had dis name.
  11. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Haha...guess that guild is not on many Christmas Card lists?
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Out of town for a week and return to a 10+ page, thinly veiled nerf call thread started by the GL of a top 10ish guild.

Oh Forum Quest, how I’ve missed ye <3.
    Gyurika Godofwar and HanktheTank like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.