Test Patch 01-Mar-2017

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hellboy007, Mar 2, 2017.

1. kizant Augur

You have to factor in time. It's not just about damage to mana ratios.
    gotwar likes this.
  2. Vindicate Elder

This guy knows! Everything is not a 1 : 1 ratio, you don't get X dmg per mana cost across all spells and all classes, you don't even get that among all the spells or skills of a given class much less across the board.

And.

If mob health had been adjusted by 5-6x that would be an issue, but its not! You get more damage at an increased mana cost, there are many precedents for this in EQ. And if you go read any one of my constant forum spamming posts showing what you can actually do with a badly geared shaman and these changes, you can see that it is not an issue at all.
  3. Sowslow Elder

No I really don't, from the patch notes:
    - Shaman - All DoT lines have been increased in damage and efficiency but can no longer stack with earlier spells in their lines.
    They are clearly not more efficient and all I ask is that they are at least as efficient as they were. I don't really want them to be increased in efficiency.

Ya, I get it you are a poorly geared and played shm who wants to speak for everyone. Just stop. Your parses only make you and your point look worse to avg and better shm.
    I am guessing you are just trolling at this point, so I will stop responding.
  4. Catashe Augur

I know you play on live and your argument is they increased in efficiency not just damage but since I play on a TLP.. explain this..

02/15/2017 - Mana Cost changed from '493' to '629'

02/15/2017 - Description changed from 'Fills your target's blood with poison, causing 150 damage initially and between 258 and 258 damage every six seconds for 42s (7 Ticks).' to 'Fills your target's blood with poison, causing 138 damage initially and between 437 and 437 damage every six seconds for 42s (7 Ticks).'

I clearly understand this... they almost doubled it.. I get it too much of a increase but...

Test 3/1/17
    Bane of Nife:
    - Mana Cost changed from '695' to '193'

- Description changed from 'Fills your target's blood with poison, causing 138 damage initially and between 485 and 485 damage every six seconds for 42s (7 Ticks).' to 'Fills your target's blood with poison, causing 59 damage initially and between 132 and 132 damage every six seconds for 42s (7 Ticks).'

Don't get me wrong.. its more efficient but it doesn't even do the damage over time as it did before this whole "buff" thing lol
  5. Zizzle New Member

But the devs agree with the troll.
    Shaman dots should not be strong enough to grab agro off "my baby SK" while 2 box moloing.

On live we could accomplish this by loading lower level dots - so this is just a troll to nerf the Shammies. Don't just fix the raid issue - drag the group shaman down too.
  6. Venedar Lorekeeper

With current DoTs. I still make lowest damage in group content due to mobs being killed too fast. I don't out DPs a any DPs class in the game if they don't sleep. I will out DPs them if I root a mob ask them to not attack before I get all dots to land then ask them to attack. But in this case it will take like 25%mana and the aggro will be impossible to taunt if you ain't a skilled warrior and the result will be a slower kill anyway.

With the current dots we can solo a bit easier when we dont find a grp. I still think more mobs in EoK expansion should be able to summon you shouldnt be able to solo in some zones that is possible atm.

I think the current DoTs on live is working fine. It has a good balance with damage, aggro and mana cost.

I also think you should simplify the Necros dot line and increase their damage. As a note Necro are doing more damage than a shaman in current game play. But I still think they should have even stronger dots, make it easier, less spells to cast so they don't have to switch spells during burns.

Remember, there is a limited debuff room of mobs so during raids a shaman shouldnt be doing DoTs. But with the current DoTs we have we have the ability to help if or whenever its needed.
  7. Triconix Augur

This is an innate problem with DoTs and it's always been that way. It's why necros are horrible in group situations and now even shams destroy necros.

However, shams have a potential to generate some of the best DPS in game at this moment if conditions allow it and it's not really up for debate.

Ehhhh I don't know about that one. I box both a sham and a necro and I've done parsing. My sham burns without any adps are higher than my necros.

Outside of burns, on a dot per dot basis, the sham dots are doing more damage than necro dots, especially non swifts.

Not really. If sham DoTs are doing more damage than a majority of the other dots on the mobs, why should the sham not be casting? That's decreasing raid dps. What is the rationale behind shams not casting on the raid mob? Because it's not their normal role? That's a fairly weak argument.
  8. Bandien Elder

A.B.C.D.

Always Be Casting Dots ;)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Nylrem Augur

I played on test for many years, and because of how small of a server it is, what they have to work with, etc, the average skill level of the Test player is significantly higher than the average skill of live server players.

However, the average group makeup, because of the low server population, is almost always poorer. There's no such thing as an 'ideal' group grind session, ever. You're almost never going to get 6 real players in a group on test, ever, let alone ones that would make up even a 'decent' group.

THAT is what you have to take into consideration when looking at Vindicate's parses. It's not ideal groups he's in, and as a DPS-ish main class (magician), when a Shaman, which has a TON more utility, healing, and buffing capability than I, can even do 80% of what I can in group content, then I have an issue with that. When they can triple my DPS in raid content, that is broke, and badly.

Also, efficiency is NOT only, or even mainly, about mana to damage ratios... Efficiency IS MAINLY about TIME (and # of spell gems). # of mobs dead per hour, THAT is what's most important. If you were given the most mana efficient DOT in the game... 0 mana cost, does 500 base damage per tick, lasts 2 minutes base... with a 15.0s cast time... would you ever use it? NOPE. Heck, even increase that base damage by 800%... 0 mana, 4k base damage, 15.0s cast time... I'd seriously doubt many 'good' shaman would ever use it. Because it's not an efficient use of your TIME available for casting. Casting costs can be GREATLY mitigated, mana easily replenished. Time, however, for now, is rather fixed, and would be better spent medding, than spending 15 seconds to cast a single spell.

I say that you experienced shaman, that are strongly disagreeing with Vindicate's points, likely know better, and are the ones that are trolling, and attempting to keep your DOTs OP'd.

I do agree that Shaman DPS needed a lot of attention. If a poorly geared shaman can now, with changes, burst to almost 200k DPS and likely sustain 70-80k DPS in a decent group and over 100k solo root rotting, I'd have to say that is very fair.

Now, they need to give Clerics some comparable undead DoTs and nukes :)
  10. Vindicate Elder

If you can't keep up with your DPS classes in a fast killing group on a shaman now, feel free to send me a tell in game and I'll have absolutely no problem at all helping you get there. If you are only using DoTs for dps and complaining about low dps, I can tell you what your first problem is, you just need some help understanding your damage sources. I posted based off what you can do on a very poorly geared shaman, pretty much the baseline for dps. The only classes I could not keep up with for dps, when that was my role in a group, where berserkers, headshotting rangers, raid geared rogues, or raid geared warriors. I got to group with all of those and much more since the most recent changes on Test. My shaman does not have horrible gear anymore, but outside of 2 EoK rares I found while soloing, I'm pretty much still sitting in group gear.

Still just group gear but burns were looking pretty good. I replaced the names of a couple of friends with their class instead, since I didn't ask to post this :p

Selrach`s Regent in 77s, 44218k @574256sdps --- Catisha + pets 13318k@172966sdps (256123dps in 52s) [30.12%] --- Monk + pets 11186k@145273sdps (164501dps in 68s) [25.3%] --- Enchanter 9365k@121621sdps (137717dps in 68s) [21.18%] --- Ranger+ pets 9320k@121040sdps (127673dps in 73s) [21.08%] --- A Di`Zok librarian 1028k@13355sdps (13711dps in 75s) [2.33%]

For the record, the A Di`Zok librarian was under the guiles and wiles of our Enchanter and was not working of its own accord, or in any way being traitorous in nature. Just in case any of the Di`Zok are reading this. That's probably who is doing all the complaining about shaman at the moment.

Deathfang in 62s, 29311k @472757sdps --- Catisha 12621k@203558sdps (252412dps in 50s) [43.06%] --- Ranger + pets 9385k@151368sdps (151368dps in 62s) [32.02%] --- Enchanter 5746k@92682sdps (117271dps in 49s) [19.6%] --- A chokidai fleshripper 1374k@22169sdps (22169dps in 62s) [4.69%] --- Kibarn 185k@2980sdps (3931dps in 47s) [0.63%]

And here is the combined group DPS for my last Chardok run

Combined: A Di`Zok soldier in 3741s, 559497k @149558sdps --- #1 Catisha + pets 226649k@60585sdps (61124dps in 3708s) [40.51%] 61k dps over 3741 seconds while doing a lot of healing!

And just cuz waffles are tasty. Here is my parse for all 1,222 mobs my shaman came in contact with over the last 7 days. Apparently we're broken, we only do 42k dps over 90570 seconds, or 1,509 minutes, or 25 hours. :(

Combined: A bridge guardian in 90570s, 9939107k @109726sdps --- #1 Catisha + pets 3805842k@42016sdps (42023dps in 90566s) [38.3%] Almost 10 billion damage served! Help us reach our goal! Nerf Zerkers!

I didn't list everyone as there where too many damage sources, but I had no trouble at all being #1, typically getting fights finished at 80-90ks dps at times. Forget the griping trolls complaining about efficiency and other bla bla bla junk, posting above. Shaman are nice now, if you want to make one or bring your old one out of retirement, by all means they're sitting in a pretty nice place, at the moment. Hopefully DBG doesn't give too much credence to what they're saying about efficiency because that will only cost us in damage done overall. Efficiency in EQ typically means loooonger teeerm daaamageeee. While short burst damage isn't always so resource efficient. I could care less what anybody posting above me, playing under these changes, is griping about, as far as I'm concerned they're pretty clueless.

...but but but we wunt efficiency, we wun efficiency, we wu ephasthppppp,..... NO WE DONT, NO WE DONT, NO WE DONT, NO MAYBE JUST I DON'T whatever :p

Be a Shaman! Nerf a Zerker!
  11. Vindicate Elder

Oh, and for the record, Shaman vs a real DPS class, *cough* broken. For those that might think we're doing too much damage at the moment, I was also boxing a tank and did a little CCing but it really wouldn't have mattered if I wasn't.

Kennel Master Al`ele in 54s, 29484k @545993sdps --- Self proclaimed Zerk 20332k@376527sdps (398676dps in 51s) [68.96%] --- Catisha 4860k@90001sdps (118538dps in 41s) [16.48%] --- Mischy 3343k@61910sdps (61910dps in 54s) [11.34%] --- Raepria 881k@16310sdps (17974dps in 49s) [2.99%] --- Jobarn 67k@1245sdps (1681dps in 40s) [0.23%]

Not even his best dps! He must have been a little under the weather, I changed his name to spare him the shame!:p
  12. Vindicate Elder

Yea buddy I'm a grownup I can take a jab, bring it on :p

But in all seriousness, let me ask you something, please. Why do you want this? And do you understand what it means to get what you're asking for?
    If you think they're just gonna drop the mana cost down to make the spells just as mana efficient as they where before, you're wrong, absolutely wrong. That is not how balancing works. Damage or dps has to be changed too. (damage vs time vs resource cost) = balance. Can't change one of those without effecting the others. They can give you free, infinite duration dots with no damage! Or how about a Cazic Touch DoT with a 14 hour casting time at 1 mana cost. That's about as MANA efficient as you can get! :p I rather like being efficient at killing, exping, gaining loots, clearing mobs, gearing up, progressing through content, etc etc etc.