Test Patch 01-Mar-2017

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hellboy007, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Hellboy007 Augur

no new notes but spell changes HERE
  2. Vdidar Augur

Looks to me like xanathol has some defending to do.
  3. IblisTheMage Augur

Lvl 115?

And nerfs to druids and shamans.
  4. Sindaiann Augur

RIP Shaman DoTs!
  5. sojero One hit wonder

I did notice one thing in those patch notes that were odd, and i didnt go through much. Look at the recast times being lowered by rank. I cannot remember this ever being done, wonder if it is an oops.

Livio's Malosenia:
    - Mana Cost changed from '2647' to '2280'
    - Slot 1 changed from 'Cast: Malosenete' to 'Cast Best Spell You Have Access To In Spell Group: Malosenete'
    - Slot 2 changed from 'Cast: Livio's Affliction' to 'Cast Best Spell You Have Access To In Spell Group: Livio's Affliction'

Livio's Malosenia Rk. II:
    - Mana Cost changed from '2766' to '2280'
    - Recast Time changed from '3.5' to '3.25'
    - Slot 1 changed from 'Cast: Malosenete Rk. II' to 'Cast Best Spell You Have Access To In Spell Group: Malosenete'
    - Slot 2 changed from 'Cast: Livio's Affliction Rk. II' to 'Cast Best Spell You Have Access To In Spell Group: Livio's Affliction'

Livio's Malosenia Rk. III:
    - Mana Cost changed from '2890' to '2280'
    - Recast Time changed from '3.5' to '3'
    - Slot 1 changed from 'Cast: Malosenete Rk. III' to 'Cast Best Spell You Have Access To In Spell Group: Malosenete'
    - Slot 2 changed from 'Cast: Livio's Affliction Rk. III' to 'Cast Best Spell You Have Access To In Spell Group: Livio's Affliction'
  6. Riou EQResource

I mentioned elsewhere too, but keep in mind that the changes are Test->Test and I believe only the Druid DoT's were unchanged from Test->Live, while Shamans were reduced from Test->Live, so these Test to Test ones look like bigger reductions then they are if you looked at their Live Server values :p
  7. sojero One hit wonder

Then I almost think looking at live right now that this is just a background update to test, because the druid ones are stating the same damage on live as what it is changing to on test.
  8. Kinadorm Augur

Livio's Malosenia should not cost 2280 mana if it is also going to charge you the full costs of the spells now. It should be something minimal like the other combo spells.

The extremely high mana costs already made shaman DoT's considerably less efficient than they were prior to the upgrade. Now they are lowering the damage and increasing the mana costs even more. What happened to the stated goal of making DoT's more efficient with the upgrades?

I know people like to say shaman have unlimited mana because of canni but it just isn't true.
  9. IblisTheMage Augur

But 115? Foci goes from 110 to 115?
  10. Riou EQResource

10 level increase like original Kunark? :D
  11. svann Augur

Should be a quest that allows you to level past 105.
  12. Slippry Augur

Only if it requires an open world raid to complete.
  13. fransisco Augur

they are probably just future proofing things
  14. mackal Augur

They have damage caps coded to level 125 (well, actually infinity levels, but the last change is at level 125)
  15. Slippry Augur

There are still some huge decreases compared to live.

[44335/14620] Reef Crawler Blood Rk. III
    Classes: SHM/105
    Mana: 19934
    Mana: 9750
    2: Decrease Current HP by 23919 per tick
    2: Decrease Current HP by 10901 per tick

[44299/14617] Garugaru Rk. III
    Classes: SHM/104
    Mana: 13974
    Mana: 11594
    2: Decrease Current HP by 27183 per tick
    2: Decrease Current HP by 17141 per tick
  16. telechir Elder

If they are changing Livio's Malosenia to cast the best spell you have access to, are they also going to change the necro dots that allow stacking multiple ranks of the same dots from one person on the same mob?
  17. smash Augur

No
  18. Outlander Engine Elder

Yes.

I believe that's the whole point of DoT consolidation.
  19. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Fippy's Further Revenge - 18th anniversary task doesn't give out enough scalps or teeth to complete it. First attempt last night I killed everything and had 9/10 scalps and 17/20 teeth and others are reporting even worse numbers than that.
  20. telechir Elder

I am not talking the same "line" of dots, I'm talking the exact same dot, buty stacking rk. 2 with rk.3 of the same dot.