Summoning Mobs/Test server

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by silku, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Piemastaj Augur

Rangers would gather up all the lizards, run them up the temple ramp and then AE root+bow. That would be dragging mobs around (or swarming) to a spot then killing. Like I said not exactly the same as other classes, but you do what you can with the abilities you are given. Both are accomplishing the same goal and both can cause the zone to lag out. This is more like SK swarming, but still swarming. Apparently you have not been to Field of Scale when Rangers are headshotting, they kite and bow for days and the lag can be glorious.

@Yinla, having 82 rooted mobs causes lag. Killing 82 rooted mobs removes the lag.
  2. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I'm not sure why a ranger would do that in the temple area given that there are ritualist (have always summoned) and I think worshipers that will summon inside the pack killing them. Weaponshield only last 35 seconds. As for Field of Scales, the armies don't move. What would be accomplished by grabbing them all up at once and running them around in circles killing them? A pull only nets about 4 or 5 mobs at once which is more than sufficient given the density. Obviously you have observed this but I don't understand why a ranger would do it other than not knowing what they are doing. Its like a random toon rounding up all the mobs in a zone for no reason.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

LOL They aren't going to unnerf wizzy beams, no reason why the shouldn't, they just won't.

If they are going to nerf them the same as decap there is no need to change mobs so they summon.
  4. Langya Augur

You'll shoot your eye out with that beam, kid. *kicks you in the face down the slide*

Happy Holidays, Norrath, from the good folks at Nerf.
    beryon and Leerah like this.
  5. Leerah Augur

How about a program that autogates you if you have more than 20 mobs in your train? That would be a service!
  6. silku Augur

implement an overrun code. For every mob over 10, mobs get 10% more damage, over 20, 20% etc. 100 mobs hit 100 times as hard. A warrior might do well in reality with 10 small goblins.. but put 100 on him and they'll just over run him. (not that goblins are reality.)
  7. Langya Augur

How about...NOT COMPLAINING HERE SO MUCH about what so and so class can do? Seriously..this community loves to cut its own throat. Better yet, if you know its going to anger other players, than maybe try to avoid doing such things that will get under the skin of the easily offended. Instances for the win? You want to trace back where the nerfs come from? Its because the player community is garbage. Straight up. Heh, us a little common sense and respect and then we don't have some "Throw the baby out with the bathwater" nerf that ends up not only hurting the guilty, but everyone else too. Just dumb. Way to go. What makes this even better is the lag never happened until SoE *finger quotes* updated the servers to whatever rubbish they got. Bobs discount server made out of an old Iphone with a hard disc scabbed on it. This is way past a 20 pound load of feces in a 5 pound sack and there is so much blame to go around.
    Shanaie and Leerah like this.
  8. Explicit Augur

Pics of the event in question
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    Leerah likes this.
  9. Leerah Augur

When I'm headshotting I go to each clump and pull no more than 8 at a time. I like my buffs to die of old age! Going up the railing often leads to death.

I have a 98 magician and never got to do the beam thing. I get stupid when my agro bar is full and do things like run the wrong way.
  10. Leerah Augur

I know when that was! When they moved the server farm to a subleased company in Las Vegas. People on the east coast with Verizon suffered incredibly long zone times for months. Now it's just reasonably long.
  11. Sinestra Augur

Hurting swarming classes is certainly not the answer. The problem with beaming, SK swarming, etc. is these tools who do it in open zones without regard for anyone else. Then the next problem is our dev team having no idea what the word moderation means or the fact that they seem to feel no need to target people who are causing problems when they can just blanket punish everyone instead.

Swarming in instances is fine. It should remain possible. People who whine about swarming in instances should be put on permanent ignore as they aren't interested in anything except nerfing other classes out of jealousy.
    Enkel likes this.
  12. Naugrin Augur

Thanks for reducing my already limited kiting areas. Gosh I can't wait until the next release of a product you already got paid for. How about a wiz aa that makes it impossible for a mob to summon you?
    Yinla and Leerah like this.
  13. Axxius Augur

The choice of mob types for summon in City of Bronze is terrible. Making the 2 most common mob types summon ruins the zone for all kinds of kiting, not just beam. Absolutely terrible decision.
    beryon, Tarrin and Yinla like this.
  14. Thiefboy777 New Member

It seems pretty obvious to me: SOE just nerfed all the power leveling classes so you'll buy their Heroic Characters.
    Olestra likes this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm just waiting for it to hit live and those kitting 5 mobs for the hot zone quest and leaving, can no longer do as as the mobs summon. Groups in Valley are few and far between as it is, people just go there do the quest and go to the Grounds. I'm really surprised they haven't targetted Grounds for summoning mobs, I've seen mass summoning there, but never in Valley, though Valley has always lagged to death even without anyone mass killing.

It was the lag which needed fixing, not making more mobs summon. :rolleyes:
  16. wenlaya Journeyman

this really is a solution sony, and it doesn't even solve the problem. you don't think mages will find somewhere else to beam? you can do these tricks in EW, The Grounds, Sarith, Chateau, and thats just off the top of my head. will you not stop until every mob in the game can summon? yeah that sounds like fun.

just take headshot, decap, and assassinate out of the game. refund the AAs. put a cap on beam targets. do whatever it is you gotta do to SKs (i dont know how swarming works).

breaking the game for everyone is NOT a solution, its more problems.
  17. Enkel Augur

Raids, with lots of adds, would be glorious.
    Quatr and Leerah like this.
  18. doktartp Augur

Valley is still a kiteable place for the daily, just 1 type of rat that is mixed in, and you can still root it and ignore it till your done/fd/fade it off.
  19. zalde New Member

This goes live...my paying accounts go dead once and for all.There wont be any coming back this time either.
    silku and Leerah like this.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

and the farmers? And lower level chars do not have access to fade.