Summoning Mobs/Test server

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by silku, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Ralston New Member

I hope this doesn't' go live, it seem to be a misguided attempt to deal with those taking extreme advantage of their spell/skill set. In the process Necromancers and Druids and other classes would be adversely affected. I know as a Necromancers I have engaged 2 or more of those listed mob at the same time and adding the ability to summoning would impair my play style I have enjoyed using for quite some time!
    Leerah and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  2. Sinestra Augur

Since they are warring on kiting, maybe the next change they put in is to not allow charmed mobs to hold aggro on more than one mob at a time and instead go towards the owner.
    Leerah likes this.
  3. Stubar Augur

The problem is, if they don't fix it this way, you run the risk of an ability change. So would you rather they made a few MoBs summon and you have to selectively kite/root rot/or whatever your choice of xp'ing is? Or just do a blanket ability change? Not saying it's a perfect solution, however at some point we are going to have to live with the lesser "evil" of any changes they make.
    Potawatomi likes this.
  4. Sinestra Augur

An ability change on one class is better than a mechanic change for multiple classes.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Vlerg Augur

Piestro: Kiting is still possible in few zones, yes. and that's exactly where the beamers will go to.

This isn't fixing any problem at all. It merely moves it to other zone, while angering half a dozen of other classes...

I understand you are not the one dictating the changes, but please acknowledge the fact that this is a poorly tought change... EW and beast domain will be the lagged out zones now instead of PoS and evantil...

Stubar: I'd much rather like a small change on the mage beam spell over adding summoning mob left and right in every zone ( cause , you know, once the beamer move in EW and people start complaining about the EW lag, the logical thing to do for soE is to add more summoning mob in EW.. then in BD... then in neriak.. then in wathever other zone it is happening until every zone have a healthy amount of randomly summoning mob spread around the place, hurting druid-chanter-bard-wizzy in the process...)
  6. Goth Augur

Well if you don't want to nerf some classes ability to swarm than how about you re-enable other classes swarm like wizards beam and bards AE damage songs....
    Leerah, Gyurika Godofwar and Sinestra like this.
  7. Porterz73 Augur

I am shocked this thread has not been locked down. It has degraded into blatant requests for nerfs a long time ago, if people are unhappy with a proposed change then state the issue wrt to how it's harmful to them or it's bad and here is why.

I know many Mages who play and none resort to zone disruption of any kind, and I'm sure the mass majority who don't participate in zone disruption appreciate repeated calls for nerfs in this thread.
  8. Langya Augur

Leave the existing mechanics in place in instances. Yes, I am sounding like a feedback loop, but the beamers are still going to beam whether the devs wish it or not. Just because you make something illegal that it magically equates to whatever has been vilified going away.

At least in the instances of the popular beam areas, the whole ordeal is contained and away from open, public areas. That is what most people do to begin with. Again, it was some meatheads causing zone disruption, inspite of instanced Evil Tree and CoB having just as many mobs to kite compared to the static zones. Granted, maybe people are lazy or just completely past caring to flag for an instance, but its no excuse. It just amplifies the D-baggery.

Again, it has to be asked: Is this about zone disruption (due in part to horrible server hardware lag)? Throttling back the AA acquisition rate (due to a lack of content that needs to be spread out further) or is this just a group punishment on the players for lack of testing, acting upon feedback etc? Most problems in this game are literally YEARS in the making as well as frequently brought to their attention by the players and yet, years pass. The problem goes parabolic.....and then the dev team gets out the chainsaw, ducktape and the flame thrower.....
  9. Piestro Augur

This is about flaws in mob populations (not including enough summoning mobs in zones) being addressed. Zone disruption is a greater possibility when we don't do this.

AA gains from beam kiting are not out of line with what some other classes can accomplish.
  10. Uxtalzon Augur

Get used to these kinds of changes. EQ will continue to be slowly strangled of resources and changes like this will be more common.

Duuuuude. The replies to that just might get this thread locked. lol
    Gyurika Godofwar, Eviara and Tarrin like this.
  11. Goth Augur

“AA gains from beam kiting are not out of line with what some other classes can accomplish.”

Really? I can get that many AA as a warrior solo? Slap my mama i wana know how to do that..
  12. Piestro Augur

Some.
  13. Naugrin Augur

Piestro, it's a horrible fix. It punishes classes that are not causing the problems.

It's an extra kick in the teeth for some classes...

Wizards had their beams nerfed years ago. Now the same type spells being used for the same type of things not only are left alone, but draw a change to mob abilities affecting a ton of players.

You come post to tow the company line which most of us expect. Your comment about xp gains is a bit much to stomach imo.
    Leerah, Gyurika Godofwar and Eviara like this.
  14. Reht The Dude abides...

To quote a line from one of the great philosophers of our generation, Mr. Harry Dunne, "Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"
  15. Coruth Augur

Apples and Oranges and Envy don't mix.

As a warrior you only have a Max AA of around 9700. Other classes have 12000k+ to max out

Meaning XP Rates Relative to Max AA are not out of line as much for a Warrior

Not to mention groups take 2 things at a minimum, Tank + Healer. In a Merc based world, you are better off with a Warrior + Clr Merc + DPS + DPS + DPS Merc + DPS Merc then many other people
    are forming a group without Tank and relying on Tank Merc.
  16. shiftie Augur

I'm curious now. What other classes can kill the amount of dark blue, even con, yellow and red mobs at the same rate or quantity of Mage beaming. I consider myself well versed on xp tactics and I just don't see your point holding up. We are talking 80 current expansion mobs being killed silmultaneously. Forgive my skepticism but I think you are making statements not founded in any proof.

Can you comment on why wizard beams were changed and why the team is circumventing a target limit on Mage beams in favor of making mobs summon? The only reason Mage beaming became popular is because of the pathing mob lag to be zone. They will of course just pick other zones:
    Xeladom, Gyurika Godofwar and Naugrin like this.
  17. Piestro Augur

I didn't say that other classes could kill the same numbers of the same mobs at the same rates, what I said was that aa earning is not significantly out of line with what some other classes could accomplish. We parsed quite a bit of data (from live servers), I was surprised as well when I was informed of the results. Since the only mass killing I do is on my cleric (and with far lower level mobs, since I'm lazy) I'm not familiar with comparative values for any of the classes.
  18. Tarrin Augur

I would be interested to see these parses.
  19. Barbwarrior Augur

so why cant wizards beam kite was theirs to fast? or was it just different devs at the time?
    Leerah likes this.
  20. Falos Augur

People seem to be forgetting how long it takes for a mage to round up a full set of mobs to beam then beam them down, yes a mage that does it will get a lot of AA's when that pull dies but the time that that pull takes to make only makes it a bit better for exp than *most* (not all) other classes it isn't a WHOAMG !!!!!! MASSIVELY larger amount of aa's per an hour than a lot of other classes can get when you factor in pulling time / kiting time.