Summoning Mobs/Test server

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by silku, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Tarrin Augur

I expected the issue to be looked at, not to hurt half a dozen other classes instead.
    Eviara and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  2. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

Why should my class be punished because a few exploited the system? It's like punishing a whole class because some snarky loud mouth at the back of a classroom won't shut up. Why not just fix the specific exploit, instead of doing an overall sweep?
  3. Mytoss Elder

I dont see the need to make feerott lizards summon , Rangers have been headshotting that place for ages , and tbh i dont really care that x class can make faster xp than me.
    While i do agree there being a problem with x class being able to kill 1xx mobs at a time , there is no need for this change , rather change the spell to x limit of mobs being able to hit.
    Zone disruption and being able to kill that many mobs at once and using the lag to a benefit is not ok, however this change affect other classes in a way that is not needed.
  4. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Exactly.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. FcsevenXIII Augur

I saw how out of touch the Devs were months ago. I suggest players leave before they completely destroy this game.

Retired and happy.
  6. Piemastaj Augur

That is how people feel about people of their class doing this.

There aren't exploits is the issue. It is not one class doing it, there are multiple classes able to swarm around mobs and kill them. Yes Magicians are getting bad press (what else is new, now it isn't pets thankfully), but Rog/Ber/Ranger/SK all are capable and do this stuff. Nerfing Beams would not change those classes abilities to mass swarm mobs for exp. So essentially your nerfing one class and the problem still exists.

Kiting is still possible it wasn't removed from the game. It isn't an ideal situation but players tied the devs hands by complaining about Beaming/SK swarms/Headshot/Decap/Rogue decap. Eventually they have to get sick of hearing how something is ruining the game so they just say we are sick of it and are going to nerf everyone. Might make some people think about things before they start making new threads weekly on a topic if SOe makes changes like this.
  7. Tarrin Augur

Why should these specific zones have the summoning adjusted? Why leave the few others at all? What does this accomplish other than moving the zones the same exact negative behavior will happen in?
  8. Gladare Augur

It has more to do with swarmers for the feerrott - mages, paladins, sk's. You'll notice they included spiders, ghosts, and gorillas. I don't think berserkers pull massive trains when they decap. I could be wrong. Summoning doesn't really stop headshotting.
  9. silku Augur

There is quite a bit of difference in abusing the lag of the zone and simply tanking a bunch of mobs though. One effects other players one does not. That's why mages are getting bad press.
  10. strongbus Augur

as a necro this will do little to my play style. We already deal with going into zones and knowing what summons and what do not summon. so it just means got avoid a few more mobs then before.
  11. Piemastaj Augur

Having 82,000 mobs in a corner while your tanking brings about lag. You can easily see this by running through kaesora with a mob and the zone goes crazy (that mob bringing more and more mobs ect). They effect the zone the same, it hinders your ability to play in the zone while someone else has a huge population of mobs in an area. You have never tried to kill mass amount of mobs with someone tanking if you think it does not effect the zone.

@Tarrin, Those zones are obviously the culprits deemed by SOE. I wouldn't dare try to assume I knew what they were thinking as this is a less desirable option to take imho (shoulda just made it so instanced remained the same and open zones where disruption comes into full effect got changed). Obviously we won't know yet, but what does nerfing one class accomplish when others can do the same thing? To try and eliminate these tactics w/o nerfing 5 or 6 classes (actually removing abilities or making it so things won't work requiring loads more time), they chose to make mobs summon. The questions you want answered pretty much answer themselves really.
  12. Bluejaye Elder

this is terrible for mages. we already get enough aggro about our pets. we aren't the typical kiters. we have our pets to take the hits for us. beam kiting was against the design of our class, which is why someone stated earlier that this isn't done by very many mage mains. we're too lazy. i hate running in circles for xp. other casters dont have too many options, except possibly necros. the necro pets are sturdy enough to tank these days, its just not worth it. no reason to let a merc eat xp to pet tank when kiting is just as quick.

i'm as tired as anyone of the nerf mages hype that seems to show up everywhere these days. why do we get to tank and dps? because we're a hybrid. thats what we do, tank and dps. other hybrids heal and dps, heal and tank ad nauseum. its a style of play that suits me well. i've always enjoyed playing caster dps, and i'm too lazy to run in circles. i'd rather go toe to toe. like lee said earlier, i have an issue with the graphics of melee toons. the movement of the screen makes me nauseous, so i stick to casters.

this is a part of a bigger crack down on all mass killing strategies. rangers have been nerfed or stagnated. decapitation and anatomy were stagnated. perhaps only sk swarming remains untouched. that's a design decision to not allow massive xp by using skills that were meant for trivial mobs. mages are making a claim that beams shouldn't be capped on the number of mobs they hit because we want them for trivial mobs, to farm tradeskill components by killing greybies. this is a cop out at best, and we fail to see how being stubborn is actually hurting us in the long run. if we were to admit that mage and wizard beams serve the same function, and therefore should be governed by the same limitations, we'd avoid a huge headache. mages knew that wizard beams were nerfed because wizards were causing zone disruptions. we avoided the nerf bat for years because, as a class, we weren't doing that. we knew that if we ever used our beams to cause zone disruptions, we'd be nerfed just as badly as wizards. this has been talked about for years. we get the spoils because we never abused it. it's not the ability itself, but using that ability in a way that makes the game unplayable for other people near us.

the people who are abusing it are not mage mains for the most part. they're most likely people who played other classes whose mass killing abilities were nerfed or stagnated. so they moved to the class of the week. whichever class has the most exploitable abilities to xp alts or PL for plat is who they're drawn to, like moths to a flame. this change won't alter their playstyle. they're either going to stick with the mage and move to other zones or play a different class that can max xp. mage mains won't do ourselves any favor by fighting for this capricious contingent. its not who we are. we're a class that can kill tough mobs if we can get them single, perhaps two if a servant can live long enough to offtank one. but we were never a swarming class.

as hard as mages have had to fight against pet nerfs to preserve our fighting style, we need now to fight just as hard to preserve the style for our fellow casters. we don't have to kite to xp. others do. we have options other than beam kiting to finish quests and xp in current content solo/molo. we need to admit that capping the targets on our beams is preferable this fix that has little effect on us and massive ramifications for kiting classes. is it really worth farming tradeskill parts?
  13. Falos Augur

It actually doesn't take very many mobs being agro within a zone to lag out a zone. I was doing some ldon's fairly recently and I'd train as many mobs as i could until the instance started to lag and mobs showed the rubberband effect then i'd kill the entire train and see what my kill count went up to.

The rubberband effect in LDON instances triggers just by having a mere 45ish mobs agro on you. It's possible this number could be different in other zones but I doubt it would differ much. In the grand scheme of things that is not very many mobs for lagging out an entire zone. That's the deeper problem here.
  14. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Rangers don't mass swarm for xp.
    Rouan and Leerah like this.
  15. Piemastaj Augur

Maybe you don't, but plenty of rangers would pull of the lizards and headshot them. Simply because root is used does not mean ur not swarming, your doing the samething with the tools your given. Killing lots of mobs for exp.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Unless they put something in the con message it will be hard to know which mobs now summon and which don't, some of the alaran models in Valley summon others don't. Evantil the mobs which summon are roamers, get one of these add and you could have problems if you don't remember they now summon.

Why change mobs now which have been in game for over a year?

No reason for them not to un nerf wizzys beam now, so we can farm grey cons the same as the mages.
  17. Gladare Augur

Not enough to lag out zones. It's less efficient for rangers to pull more than 7-8. After that point, you spend more time CCing and less time shooting arrows. We can't ae headshot.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Exactly, rangers headshot rooted the mobs, which didn't lag the zone out.

The whole issue with mage beams, was them making the zone unplayable for others, not the mass killing itself.
  19. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I can't really think of a scenario where it is beneficial to a ranger to drag mobs all across a zone picking up all kinds of unheadshotable ones. The definition of swarming to me is dragging mobs all over the zone killing them in the process. Maybe I am operating under a false definition.
    Leerah likes this.
  20. Piemastaj Augur

I do not believe there has been a single person saying to not unnerf your beams lol.

But you do realize if they make your beams how Mage beams are, then of course they will nerf both just like decap right? ;) Not to mention you will have all this anti-mage hate on your class as well, and be blamed for nerfs you had no part in. It will be fun times.