Summoning Mobs/Test server

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by silku, Dec 7, 2013.

1. silku Augur

Watcha think?
  2. Tarrin Augur

Horrible.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Due to it affecting so many classes & not just the mages who were beaming in non instanced zones to create this mess in the first place, it's the equivalent of getting put in jail for a crime someone you know/are related to committed but that you had nothing to do with. Not to the same severity, just the same basic concept. Punish the many for the sins of the few is not a good policy for any business to live by.
    Filter, Ardin, Miklo and 3 others like this.
  4. Falos Augur

Funny thing is I'm a mage, this nerf was clearly aimed at mages, but because I don't beam for exp this nerf literally does not phase me one bit, all it did was screw over like 7 other classes in the game and not me.

Also I suspect this will greatly make headshotting for rangers a bigger nuisance (still doable just not as efficient) That's another thing I do not bother with though. I've headshotted some in feerott instances in the past but it got boring so fast and I lost interest in it because it's already super easy for me to max aa exp just by traditional grinding and questing.

I usually max exp long before i complete the partisan / merc quests for any given expansion so i see no point in these other tedious ways of exping.

I hope they go back and do another retune for the january patch and lessen the amount of summoning mobs in these zones so that all these other classes are not penalized for an aspect of the game they were not participating in.
  5. Olestra Elder

my main is a rogue so this does not effect me at all, however if it goes live I may seriously reconsider my membership because it's a symptom of a larger more serious problem. The problem of the devs being out of touch with how to run the game. punish the many for the sins of a few. This will lead to lower populations and even harder times finding groups.
    Noken_Xeg, Rouan, Miklo and 2 others like this.
  6. Lenowill Augur

What exactly are they doing with mobs and summoning on Test? For those of us who aren't on there.
  7. Sembrin New Member

This:

8. Lenowill Augur

I see.

Imo they'd have been better off just biting the bullet and reworking the offending abilities.

Thanks for the info Sembrin.
    beryon and Caudyr like this.
  9. Leerah Augur

Outrageous! It wasn't enough to stagnate headshot, you had to totally kill all casters? Wait til the necros get wind of this. They are the champion complainers and they will rip you all a new one!

I have a visual motor disability that forces me to play non-melee classes. I call discrimination.
  10. Ravengloome Augur

So i can still beam in Eastern Wastes and Beast domain? O cool i thought they were actually nerfing beam glad to see they left in obvious loopholes... o and thank you my Nero can longer kite in Threshold or Evantil i really appreciate that on top of the rapefestival that was the deathbloom nerf and its crappy replacement. Yay less incentive to use my necro... But seriously fix beaming without further gutting necros soloability kthx.
    Filter and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  11. Tarrin Augur

Yep, the massive beaming will now be moved to the few zones a person can still kite reliably.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Marton and silku like this.
  12. dwarftosser New Member

Let this go to live servers and ill go to my accounts and click the cancel button a few times.No joke.
    Noken_Xeg, Gyurika Godofwar and silku like this.
  13. Marton Augur

Watching classes being continuously nerfed is not my idea of fun.

I am having hard time remembering a moment when I was actually genuinely pleased with something in this game.
  14. silku Augur

I mentioned this in a group of 10 of us that have been playing since 1999, and the response was "Are they trying to get people to quit playing?"
  15. Abazzagorath Augur

Seems like a lot of chicken little going on with this. Seems to leave plenty of mobs in most of the zones that still don't summon so kiting still works, just can't swarm kite.
  16. Ravengloome Augur

Except you can still beam in a handul of zones. i listed 2 earlier.
  17. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

It's not just necro's, it's us wizards who kite for experience. *le sigh*
    Gyurika Godofwar and Leerah like this.
  18. silku Augur

Bards and charm kiting, chanters and swarms of 6, etc. All of which are affected by this change. It's a shame that we say "oh don't worry, you can still do a lot" when one class gets 6 different ones 'nerfed' in those zones. Why not just cap the beam already and be done with it?
  19. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

What exactly did you expect whining about mass kiting to accomplish? they nerfed mass kiting due to vocal, if not popular demand.

They always go overboard with 'fixes', but some people wouldn't quit crying from a backseat, so mommy drove the car off a bridge.
  20. RS78 Lorekeeper

Just when you thought SOE might be running out of dumb things to do, they go and mess with zones to fix a spell problem. change X amount of mobs in X amount of zones rather than change 1 spell line. It worked with wizard's. Just messing with many more classes who rely on range to kill and don't swarm/beam. I know it's obvious you don't really care about EQ1 any more with all the EQN and EQlandmark crap floating around in EQ1 and this "fix" is just another glaring sign of the incompetence and or lack of interest being put into EQ. But lets think about it this way. Your trying to lure people into purchasing EQN and pay up to $99 for EQ landmark, what makes you think this kind of "fix" in a game which seems much more simple in design than EQN will encourage anyone to buy and play that when you cant get things right here? just my 2cents