Stonewood Bow Staff and Plane of War Progression

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by WDWolf, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Syrup Augur

Well I have to tell you friend...
    Your argument that the person, who had dozens of bow ready on release day, in a thread where dozens are complaining about every aspect of the bow (drop rates, respawn rates, kill stealing) was not prepared, is a totally remarkable position to take.

I was so prepared, I was ready to prepare others.... for a cost of course. Based on sales (I'm sold out) I can tell you plenty of people find both of our time quite valuable. Both my time for farming and making the bows, and their time saved trying to join the other unprepared people fight over spawns.

I'm glad to see you're taking an interest in my post history. But to make a post dedicated to it, in a thread about something totally unreleated is, in fact, ad hominem. It's best to stay away from those devices if you want to have any sort of real dialogue with people.

Also... people are still complaining about free-market economy in Everquest?! .... really?
    Come on now...
  2. Siddar Augur

Has anyone tried using one of the other three elemental bows as tithe?
  3. Makavien Augur

Its not prepared it is falsely testing content to inflate and basically exploit the upcoming content.
    Genoane likes this.
  4. Stewgottz Augur

I farm $ for krono which i sell for plats which I can now buy a bow with Lol. Now i'm prepared too!
    Andarriel likes this.
  5. silku Augur

Free market economies are great, as long as they aren't motivated by greed. Capitalism can be good. Unrestrained, unfettered capitalism though can be a horrible evil.
  6. Tarrin Augur

What else could a market possibly be motivated by?

If you aren't trying to make money, you aren't being greedy.

If you aren't trying to make money, why are you participating in a free market economy? Just give it away.
  7. Makavien Augur

Ask an artist or writer that question but first you need to bring the ones back to life that could answer why they created things that are the most valuble art today.
  8. Tarrin Augur

Artists and writers don't like to make money?

I better call Stephen King and let him in on that secret.
  9. Syrup Augur

How is playing on the test server "Falsely testing content"
    Not only is it 100% free, it's open to 100% of players.

I did not create the need for this item, I didn't personally inflate the price of anything, I didn't buy them and resell them higher. I farmed mats, utilized some of my tradeskills and created an item that there was going to be a demand for.
    I fail to see how that is exploiting anything.
    It's not insider trading, when everyone is welcome inside.
    Like i said, all of this content was available to everyone for more than a week.

You didn't check out the content for whatever reason when they released it on test.
    There's no one but yourself to blame for that.
    They announce test patch updates and patch notes for a reason..... for us to test it.
  10. A-Quad Augur

Correct.

Meanwhile, my gripe isn't with "free markets". It's about crony capitalism, insider trading and moral sell-out.

Hey, that's what the real world is all about - why would a virtual world be any different? Answer: it isn't.
  11. Makavien Augur

You are exploiting the player base and ripping people off by 492 k or more causing a rift in the playerbase because you knew ahead of time something was going to be needed and logged off test and onto the live server to farm the zone before the rest of the entire playerbase knew it was needed no one is required to test eq some of us don't do it because we like to be surprised but not in a terrible way like this bow. If anything the bow should of been invisible to all on test and then everyone would of had the same chance.

And Tarrin many artists barely scrap by their entire life only for them to die poor and then later on the work they did becomes valuable that's like saying all the construction workers only build things for greed when in fact most of them make 15 bucks an hour or less or even people that create things within this game I am pretty sure hardly any of them are rich and motivated by greed.
  12. Ratbo Peep Augur

Dozens? Oh it's dozens now?
    At... Hmmmmmmmmmmm about 1 Krono per each?
    Ya - I can bet someone is happy alright.
    -Rat
  13. Tarrin Augur

Just because someone failed to sell a creative work often enough to "make money", doesn't mean they weren't trying.

It only means they were unsuccessful.

There are a ton of artists that regularly make money.
  14. Makavien Augur

You are twisting facts though you are trying to say the entire free market is only motivated by greed when that is a completely false statement.
  15. Kolani Augur

"I didn't have time to click it, the cast time was too long." - a Test player about why he didn't test and report the mana bug with Fabled Ball of Golem Clay years ago.

The Stonewood wouldn't have been available to players at the point where PoWar was in original progression. Vallon and Tallon were moved to Drunder after it had been determined that PoWar was unworkable. This is a 100% new decision. Originally, you had to go through PoWar to get to Rallos.
    sula and Makavien like this.
  16. pk76 Augur

well that guy in bazaar was selling 5, bow, and down to 2 so he sold 3 at 450k each and now he raised the price to 650k since they were selling that good. i bet he is the same player who was stealing camp , i gated and will skip that crappy progression , i don't want fight for uncommon drop and KS................
  17. Makavien Augur

That is exactly the problem. You needed to kill rallos zek to zone into plane of earth so it makes absolutely 0 sense that a bow from there is needed.
  18. Syrup Augur

Nothing about what i did is exploiting....
    I killed and looted monsters, then used my tradeskills to create an item that I sold.

It wasn't market manipulation of any sort.
    I wasn't using information that everyone else didn't have the exact same access to, I wasn't buying low selling high, or flat out monopolizing, just to sell at 3x the price,

killed, crafted, sold

You say "everyone would have had the same chance" but fail to recognize... we did.
    You just chose not to take advantage of that chance they gave you.
    Maybe you will next time?
    Leerah likes this.
  19. Makavien Augur

You really don't think I farmed a bow already ? I am in 12 channels bud I prolly knew about it before you but I try not to exploit the player base and have people consider me a greedy person.
    Elricvonclief and A-Quad like this.
  20. Mysl Augur

Since this new zone is going to be around, I will just wait. No need to fight all these people for camping some rare drops.

I won't be buying the bow at the current price, it is just too much for me. When the price drop, then I can decide if paying someone for the bow is better than trying to get it myself.
    CrazyLarth and Sinestra like this.