Stonewood Bow Staff and Plane of War Progression

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by WDWolf, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Sinestra Augur

That is something you absolutely don't know.
    Obiziana and Mithrandyr like this.
  2. Rafather Augur

This one zone has more questing, faction work and farming for quests to be keyed then all of tier 1 combined. Oh and the mobs are harder hitting and have more hp.

If you are crying over the PoE bow, wait till you have to kill a rare random spawning named twice per person to flag for the next 2 locked areas.
    Obiziana likes this.
  3. Ratbo Peep Augur

I didn't even think to take it this far.
    I was quite willing to chalk it up as "oversight from old PoP code".
    But now that you mention it....... the pieces do kinda fit together. (in an evil kinda way)
    So who are these "mystery players" that show up selling "the right stuff" for "about a Krono"??
    And they seem to have a huge stock of the needed item too?
    I wonder how many servers have one of these fully stocked bazaar vendors?
    -Rat (The Truth Is Out There) :D
  4. Axxius Augur

They are going to cancel 10 more accounts they've been playing for 15 years. ;)
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  5. Arioch New Member

ABSOLUTELY THE MOST IRRESPONSIBLY LUDICROUSLY MESSED UP IDEA EVER.... Its like there is some agenda to purposively annoy as many people as possible in as short a time as possible!!!

Was excited, now just annoyed. Think someone pointed out early... lets finish the expac content that the majority of us have bought and paid for, and stop trying to fob us off with poorly executed reincarnations of what previous content you failed to deliver when it would have been relevant.

WTG turning what could have been a potential PR win, at a time that it would have mattered, into yet another PR fail.
  6. Ratbo Peep Augur

Something tells me the rest of the keys and work are earned in the zone. This as opposed to some obscure item from a decade old forgotten zone.
    -R
  7. pk76 Augur

what a dumb move,,,only a few in zone and all camping the stonewood bow staff,,,,,,,,,,

now they are selling for 450 K in bazaar ( and 5 to sell from the same player ) in rathe if you want one lol,,i might just skip that non sence progression flagging now some players will be perma camping those and we will be **&&%^%,, but good way to make cash i guess,.

can we have at least more way to get the bow? more mobs who can drop or faster repop whatever ? i got a guildy who spent many hours in zone and finally got both bow he needed,,,i am not sure i want to spend many hours there doing what he did with few mobs to kill, what a mess........
  8. Iila Augur

Welp, I'll confess. It's me.

Literally every bazaar seller on every server that's price gouging for stonewood bows is me. I heard they were needed when the zone was on test and 17 boxed to farm them for the past week across all the servers, and am now reaping the rewards.
    Obiziana, Leerah, Ratbo Peep and 2 others like this.
  9. Makavien Augur

[IMG]

Yay for something that makes people greedy
  10. Kelefane Augur

ur teh devil
    Mykaylla and Iila like this.
  11. guado Augur

I just sniped a tree and a 2 bow staffs dropped!
    Obiziana likes this.
  12. Marshall Maathers Augur

Would suck to fail the combines ;)
  13. jeskola pheerie

Most people, yes. but not all, and the slice of Test that ARE testing things are saving the "live" community a lot of headaches.

This is getting off-topic though - the point was that people shouldn't have to come to test to get a jump on new content. This is true - but those who do decide to come to test to check out the upcoming content shouldn't be slandered as "cheaters". Everyone on live has that option if they want it.
    Sinestra likes this.
  14. Stewgottz Augur

Lol Stonewood bow ... Have fun with that ! Ugh I hate anniversary season. Maybe next year they can celebrate the 16th anniversary with a solid , well thought-out expansion that I can't three box in a matter of a week. Yeah I know how dumb that sounds.
  15. Iila Augur

Thanks, I try.
    Obiziana and Kelefane like this.
  16. Tearsin Rain Augur

and by 'something' you mean 'anything' because last i checked the whole of biological life on this planet has 100% conclusively shown that 'greedy' need only be excused by someone else letting you take advantage of them, no other reason is necessary.

a difficult zone with tedious keying mechanics that are messing people up once inside... that sounds like PoP in about every possible way, and it's what all the rose-tinted chuckle-heads on these forums are constantly claiming was the best era of EQ and bemoaning how much the game is no longer like that.

bows too expensive? wait a week.
    zone too crowded? wait a week.
    new zone and keying areas overcrowded the very day the one new zone comes out?

[IMG]
  17. Axxius Augur

What?! Next you're gonna tell us that "most" players on FV aren't roleplaying??! :eek:
    Iila likes this.
  18. Mytoss Elder

i really wonder why this came through test server
  19. Drakang Augur

If they just added the drop to treants in other zones so it spread things out a bit it would not be bad. Just a ton of people in a tiny zone makes for a lot of pain. Fighting over the few vine dropping mobs is bad enough.
  20. Makavien Augur

8 hours 1 bow staff farming the entire zone once a ranger left 35 vines and 75 bricks of steel sound a little off to anyone ?

I heard about it a week ago but I really thought it was a joke because it should be.
    Elricvonclief likes this.