Stonewood Bow Staff and Plane of War Progression

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by WDWolf, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Ratbo Peep Augur

Nothing in particular - just that my "smell test alarm" tingled.
    -W
  2. Syrup Augur

He's going on about Ad Hominem.
    It's a crutch used by the conversationally inept who have nothing to add to an argument or conversation, so they attack the person making it.

One of many logical fallacies you can find on these boards, and in this thread.

:)
  3. Romance Augur

/ran 1337
  4. Ratbo Peep Augur

Umm no - I argued directly that you were not so much "prepared" - as much as a "predating opertunist" on your server.
    Yep - You're a real hero for selling those components for almost 1/2 mil. each.
    Then - I noticed that this thread seems to be the only thing on these boards that's ever piqued your interest.
    I find that "strange" is all. You must have really narrow interests in EQ - aside from plat farming.
    -rat
    sula likes this.
  5. Sinestra Augur

I'm glad they made it difficult to get in. I encourage this as they were going on and on about this zone being a challenge. If you can camp for an hour and get in then that isn't going along with what Everquest's version of challenge has always been.

Maybe they could increase the amount of mobs that drop it, and drop the chance of dropping further to something like .002%
  6. Tarrin Augur

I would agree if the area to camp wasn't Plane of Earth.

There is nothing hard about this camp other than making sure no one KSes you in the 3 seconds after your mob spawns.
    beryon likes this.
  7. Marshall Maathers Augur

I'm glad I can play off hours so there might only be 50 people to fight with in PoEarth.
  8. Everstorm Augur

So, if everyone was prepared, what would have happened then? Exactly the same as what's happening now, just a week earlier...
    beryon likes this.
  9. Rorce Augur

Channels can be a great source of Test/Beta info. The PoWar requirements were discussed several times over the past week in the serverwide.eqresource channel :).
    Juudge likes this.
  10. Kreacher Augur

The BEST thing about this bottleneck is it slows the box crews from taking over Plane of War.
  11. jeskola pheerie

Test isn't an actual server? Wow, the 4 active raiding guilds and numerous casual guilds on that not-an-actual-server would probably beg to differ...
  12. Triconix Augur

It's not intended to be a live server, hence the word Test. If that isn't self evident enough, I don't know what is. It would be the equivalent of calling a prototype car the real car. It's not, its a test.
  13. jeskola pheerie

or logging on, /t a few level 100 people in a friendly manner? or talk to a test player in a cross-server class channel, or etc etc....
  14. Edrick Augur

Indeed!
    Sinestra likes this.
  15. A-Quad Augur

Yup. All you plat-challenged players need to do is buy a krono for $$, sell it to one of the mysterious high-paying baz bots for - well whaddya know - around 400k! And then pay "players" like this guy some astronomical asking price. Current baz price on BB is 800k - 1 mill btw - and staff drop rates are *all of a sudden* as rare as ACoF drops at the start of Sol B heritage.

Jolly good show!
  16. jeskola pheerie

oh, right, you called people who played on Test server to help iron out bugs and get an advance preview of the content "cheaters". I hate to break it to you, but without the Test server, and the players who come over from "live" to help test new content (or to you, cheat), you would have a whole slew of buggy and unbalanced/unfair content to rant about.

Sorry GM, Ford, etc, no more test-driving your new cars to make sure they dont crash. that would be cheating!
    Sinestra and Rorce like this.
  17. Axxius Augur

Is this flag required for 85% of the raid, for 100% of the raid, or just for 1 person to request the instance? If it's anything but 1 person then they have 30 days to reconsider it before the sheepstorm begins. :D
  18. sinderkad Augur

People shouldn't have to check up on what test server is doing all the time to prepare for content. I was on test server and Very FEW people who were not in specific guilds even knew about this up to a few days before launch. I knew about it and warned some people but it is still a giant cluster &*#@ and a terrible way to do things. I sent in feed back on how terrible this was. I KNEW about this but it still took me nearly 6 hours to get someone to make me the bow on Live before launch, when i already had the components. People are selfish and horde. The fact that is requires Trade skills and specifically TINKERING is terrible. This keying process is TERRIBLE; and that's sad because i thought everything else about this quest was great.
  19. Edrick Augur

Why are people going on a witch hunt for people selling items that have suddenly become relevant again. Why is "players" in scare-quotes

Man, people are flipping out and busting out the tin foil hats like I've never seen. The truth is out there.
    Obiziana and Sinestra like this.
  20. Oogabooga Journeyman

Let's not delude ourselves. Most people playing on Test aren't "testing" anything. They're simply playing EQ for free, with a lot of perks thrown in.

Less freeloading, more bug squashing. Make Test Gold only. (Ed-sorry for dbl quote)
    beryon, Rouan, Kolani and 2 others like this.