Stonewood Bow Staff and Plane of War Progression

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by WDWolf, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Tornicade_IV Augur

Test server is to test content not to get a head start on future implementations for potential farming gold mines.

if the obvious problem wasnt pointed out by the people testing it and then they gained off test server for not reporting or discussing anticipated issues. then that indeed is exploiting test server and in fact circumventing the effectiveness of testing content itself
  2. Axxius Augur

And FV is to roleplay. ;)
  3. Ratbo Peep Augur

Having to camp and farm grey con mobs for current progression in anything makes no sense.
    No matter how you look at this latest fiasco.
    -R
  4. Tornicade_IV Augur

maybe there was supposed to be level 95 ozones that were provided with the drop but it hasnt been seen or was overlooked on being implemented
  5. Zaknaffein Augur

Do mean having to Kill steal other people who are camping these mobs, Like you are doing on Cazic right now?
  6. Axxius Augur

How do you kill steal a mob that dies from 1 attack?
  7. Zaknaffein Augur

Fast cast nuke or instant nukes > melee, Harm touch works pretty fast as well if someone really wants to KS. I can keep going here but this is something you should know and shouldn't have to ask why.
    Rouan likes this.
  8. Axxius Augur

You know that mercs are allowed in PoE, right? You can pop a dps merc, sit at that poor mob's spawn point, make an audio trigger to alert you when your merc kills that tree, and go AFK. Nobody will be able to kill steal it from you.
  9. Ratbo Peep Augur

Why post here as opposed to sending someone a tell in game?
    Odd..............
    I just wanted to see the mobs "hardness".
    I'm surely not foolish enough to camp these things for real.
    PoWar means squat to me until the furor dies down.
    -R
    PS: There's like 3 people per tree in that zone trying to kill them first. (good job Sony!)
    I'm not interested in the staff or the bow enough to "KS" you - assuming you can even "call a camp" in a zone that bunged up at the moment.
    Posting here, as opposed to sending me a tell, might well have earned you a "brand new friend" for a few hours in there - but I'm way too busy to use you for a squeak toy.
    (Well that, and I like your Guild overall)
  10. Zaknaffein Augur

Mobs die before mercs react. a Lucky crit, whoever has the fastest casting nuke is what's going to win when you have a few ppl standing on the spawn points just waiting, not much to be done about it. I've had a few ppl come snipe and try to snipe ~ Also, gtt timer is > audio trigger!
  11. Harabakc Augur

Let's not pretend there's anything difficult about this, it's just a really stupid idea. Actually doing something inside the zone to unlock zone progression might be more realistic.
    beryon, Axxius and Ratbo Peep like this.
  12. sula Augur

on Luclin it is going for 100k. seriously though, i have been trying to get these staffs during the past year for my fletchers and because the tribute on them is nice. i have rarely seen a staff drop, making them mandatory when it is such a rare drop in such a tiny zone with only a few trees is really grossly unfair and even negligent. if they had made it the water bow, those drop quite well. but to make it an extremely rare drop is not fair to everyone who is 100 and wants to get into pow
  13. sula Augur

the only trees are in the front area. the rest of the zone is a bunch of caves- where trees don't grow and can't be found
  14. Tarrin Augur

Those would be the easiest people to KS.
    Rouan likes this.
  15. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I would put it as a random drop from trash in the Field of Blood personally.
  16. sula Augur

vying with 30 people for about 10 treants that drop staffs 2% of the time doesn't strike me as being conducive to a feeling of accomplishment.
    beryon, Rouan and Ratbo Peep like this.
  17. Edrick Augur

That is where you get Zek diamonds from.

Rallos Zek and his pals don't really like The Rathe Council or the Plane of Earth in general. That is lore that has been established since the beginning of the game, and became clearer as more expansions came out. Most notably during Seeds of Destruction when you witness the invasion itself. That's why whatshisname is asking you to prove yourself by getting a trophy from there.
    Synisca and Tarvas like this.
  18. Ratbo Peep Augur

Not in the least. It's a zoo in there.
    I went there during dinner just to see it for myself and take quick pot shot at a couple trees to see the HP's.
    Past that, old Sani-Flush there, is more than welcome to spend his night serenading trees.
    -R
  19. Kobrah Augur

Been camping 4 spots a friend and I have been able to control. 5 hours not a single bow staff. Wtf is this. Lol
  20. Ratbo Peep Augur

It's called a "new product rollout" - SOE style.
    -R