Six Months Seems Like A Long Long Time

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Phased Sullon Zek, Jun 1, 2015.

1. beyrak Augur

1) We never had a poll taken exclusively with progression players

2) There would never be an option for over six months when the discussion being 'Is six months of pre-Kunark excessive.'
  2. Fallfyres Augur

-------------

Agreed Iputthegrrrinranger.
    More misinformation by those who want to continue to misstate that there will definitely be a revote...when the truth is that there is a consideration by the devs to discuss the length of this original expansion span of time, not a definitive "Yes we are going to let you customers revote, thereby negating the work we did for the other one and the participation of thousands who voted for the 6 month time span."

What Roshen & co. said is what any dev is gonna say when there is a reasonable question from a customer/s that have dissent in whatever the plan is going forward. Marketing would have had his rump if instead of saying "going forward I and the team will be considering the idea of discussing the length of original as is now being executed" rather than "The vote is in. We have had time to assess that along with other company criteria and there will absolutely never be a reconsideration of the length of this 6 month segment of time wherein the original expansion will be put up for a revote to determine its length." THAT would have provided for an interesting weekly meeting round the table with the boss.

Just like they aren't completely locking down threads about it that are fairly civil. If they did, that would be a sure indicator that a revote ain't happening. Instead they play to the possibility and thereby reap the image of flexibility while still listening to their customers input. They may have perameters which have changed and which affect their company goals and so they decide to change their position on that, but until such time as that occurs they are not going to purposely antagonize either customer position and risk bad pr or loss of subs early. They want very much I think to appease as many subs as is possible, or, at least to put off raising anyone else's ire.
  3. Iputthegrrrinranger Elder

Sounds like you acknowledge that you knew full well it was going to be 6 months, and now you can't handle it.
  4. gander Augur

No way this server stays in vanilla for six months. It would be negligent on the dev's part to allow a minority to kill the server.

And if you guys aren't the minority, why are you so scared of a "LEGIT" poll?
  5. Banuvan Augur

The minority would be those that rushed to 50 and now are bored. Get your facts straight. Go look at the actual server and the players in it.

You are the minority in this case.
    Gythlen and Katmandu26 like this.
  6. beyrak Augur

And the best way too accomplish that is to have a poll on the server where the subs play.

So great, you guys shouldn't have any problem winning a legit vote.

BTW, I am level 32.
  7. Banuvan Augur

I'm playing on ragefire because it was voted max nostalgia and I wanted to take my time and explore and have fun.

If you didn't want 6 months of classic then why play on the server? That's the biggest question everybody who wants to open kunark early should be asking. What possessed you to roll on a server you would complete all content on in ~2 weeks and then be bored? We have 6 months till kunark. Enjoy it.
    Oldschool and Gythlen like this.
  8. Risiko Augur

Agree
  9. Wildwand New Member

Part of your thread was one of the reasons I do not want to see another vote to go ahead to open any expacs earlier than expected "Relevant", I want what I am doing at this very moment to be relevant, not to be some adventure that has already been made obsolete by a new and shiny expac that has drawn the crowds away from the zones I am playing within.
    Take a look at the live zones, at the Original zones and tell me you see multiple instances of them right now, empty for the most part, as soon as Kunark goes live my casual lvling will see me fall to the wayside, before I realise it another expac is upon me and Kunark becomes irrelevant, the economy becomes out of reach, unless I buy a Krono and feed the vicious circle to enable the Boxers to keep their 6 accounts active at my expense.
    No, this 6 month periods means I get to lvl at a pace I am able to keep up while also living in the real world, while also being a father to my 3 children and husband to my wife, to carry on with my work without feeling tired from an all night session in EQ, I'm 46 this year, gone are the days where I was more into the game than my life.
    This game is relevant right now and for the 6 months that was voted in by the majority.
    Finwen, Fallfyres and Gythlen like this.
  10. Aneuren Tempered Steel

In a few months there will be even more people who weren't around for the first vote / two votes. Should we hold a revote for them too?
    Finwen likes this.
  11. Shivuncle Journeyman

I did not know about this server till day 3. Revote please. I want Kunark by August.
  12. Elkay Augur

My only suggestion would be - if we don't get a really early unlock, that it's taken into consideration that 6 months lands just after Thanksgiving week. I think many people would love to start playing Kunark over the Thanksgiving holiday. Heck, we'd be able to avoid the real-life Black Friday trains and start living up the trains in KC. :)
  13. Weverley Augur

I suggest if the 6 months vote stay we add 1 month to it just to get the naysayers upset.
  14. Styixi New Member

If a vote is to happen again, please allow only 1 vote per IP. Peoples who bot 6 toons are not entitled to vote several times as some post several times too in this thread with multiple accounts. :) But eitherway if a vote is decided, that would mean ignoring previous votes. What credibility will you have left about your word dbg ?
  15. Detheb Augur

I know, atleast for myself and quite a few others, we came back for the fun of being guilded with certain people again. Its not about the content, EQ has always been IRC with dragons. Why are you so worried about a vote going up though? It was stated before hand that one COULD happen. Is 3 months really not enough time to explore the content of classic eq?
  16. Porterz73 Augur

I agree with some earlier posts. If the Devs do decide to open up a TLP vote early a 9 month option should be on the table and let the people on the server decide what they really want. Another point is if a early vote is called the lvl 30 vote req would have to be reduced so that people who voted to enjoy max nostalgia which was legitimately voted for will be eligible.

The people who treat this game as a race are a very vocal minority, if the option to increase the duration is put on the table I think we will ultimately see what the majority of TLP players want.
  17. Detheb Augur

I dont think anyone has argued against having a "Longer" time on the vote. But level 30(Really should be 40) to vote seems more than reasonable. If you're just going to create a bunch of alts and not progress a specific character on a "Progression" server, then you should not have any sway on what 5000 other players end up with.
  18. Glistarian Augur

Bzzt. Incorrect. Not all of us are in the terrible rush you seem to be in for some reason. And they're every bit as much our servers as yours.

Arguing to have fewer people vote? Seems like maybe you're afraid to let the players be heard.
    Gythlen and Wildwand like this.
  19. Detheb Augur

We can make the assumption that we're not going to see a vote for atleast another 2 weeks, perhaps a month, IF they do one. If you don't have a character to level 40 by that point, you're purposely staying at a low level, or you're addicted to alting. Either way, Kunark opening isn't going to affect you anyway.
  20. Glistarian Augur

Or I'm playing the way I want to play. Which I'm paying for. So I should be voting.

Why the fear over people under 40 voting?
    Wildwand likes this.