Six Months Seems Like A Long Long Time

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Phased Sullon Zek, Jun 1, 2015.

1. vardune Augur

No new vote, we voted. It was voted 6 months. End of thread.
  2. Exitx Journeyman

You had your chance to vote. You should have voted when it appeared on the forums.
  3. Glistarian Augur

Allow a new vote, with 9 and 12 month options! Let the people be heard!
  4. nipper Lorekeeper

You're out of luck. Roshen said we will have an opportunity to have an actual TLP poll taken. The devs also realize six months before Kunark is too long.

END OF DISCUSSION.
  5. gander Augur

Glad the devs are staying on top of this before we rot pre-Kunark and the server dies.
  6. vardune Augur

We voted, 6 months. There is so much more to do then just grind to 50. Gearing a character takes time. Solro armor, crafting and raiding. Making alts and doing the same. I wanted 9 months to a year.
  7. vardune Augur

We voted. We will voted to keep the 6 months.
  8. Dunaden New Member

My main concern is that if Daybreak caves and lets a vote happen at 3 months on the very first expansion then that will set a precedent and they will cave on the 6 months of Kunark, 6 months of Velious, 6 months of Luclin etc. So a year from now instead of finishing up Kunark per the original schedule, we'll have the people racing through content pushing to open up PoP. So much for maximum nostalgia.

People who were counting on 6 months to fully level and gear up and just enjoy each expansion prior to moving to the next expansion will find themselves 2 or 3 expansions behind or may feel pressured to change their style of play to try and keep up.
    Gythlen and Fallfyres like this.
  9. Risiko Augur

Ok first off, the devs don't even play the game, so HOW would THEY know what is excessive and what is not? Roshen didn't even know why his character was walking slow last week during the live feed. HE WAS OVER WEIGHT. EVERY REAL EVERQUEST PLAYER KNOWS THAT. Then he didn't know how to get out of the water when he was swimming. I mean seriously people. You expect THESE people to know what is right and what is wrong for OUR game?

We, THE ACTUAL PEOPLE THAT PLAY EVERQUEST, know what is excessive and what is not. Six months of classic Everquest is NOT excessive. Period.
    Gythlen likes this.
  10. gander Augur

We never voted on the TLP. Hard to understand?
  11. gander Augur

Not only is it excessive, it's insane.
  12. nipper Lorekeeper

THANK YOU!
  13. vardune Augur

Hell yes this, 6 months no way, 9 or 12 months, hell yes.
  14. Iputthegrrrinranger Elder

Again, You knew the rules when you started.
    Risiko likes this.
  15. Greymere Augur

That is a thought would all the players screaming for a new vote be so eager if they heard the new vote would be for potentially making it 3, 6, 9, or 12 months. But it would only include the server populations so would be legitimate right? My guess is they would shut up fast rather than risk it.
  16. nipper Lorekeeper

Actually, it was well known knowledge from tweets that the devs said that this would be revisited. We knew that coming in.
  17. Iputthegrrrinranger Elder

Source quote?
  18. Indigo Augur

I remember it to. But I'm not going through old tweets.
  19. Iputthegrrrinranger Elder

Because it doesnt exist.
  20. Indigo Augur

This one does.