Six Months Seems Like A Long Long Time

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Phased Sullon Zek, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Weverley Augur

I say Daybreak has the data about a minimum level that would include at least 90% of the population.What i'm saying if 90% of the population on RF and LJ is lvl 20 that should be the minimum level to be able to vote. That way it's fair for all not just the rusher.
  2. Glistarian Augur

Every active player on the server should have a vote. Level is not the determining factor there. It would be deeply unfair if someone who plays every day didn't have a say, regardless of their level.

I do think it's very telling the rush-ahead crew openly states they're willing to cheat the vote with kronos. Anything to win, hey fellas?

But I'm also confident that's a problem Daybreak could solve, ideally leaving the kronos all consumed.
    Fallfyres and Aneuren like this.
  3. Aneuren Tempered Steel

This is exactly why there should not be a revote, you literally just proved the point.

You don't want a vote, you want a farce that's dressed in a vote where individual voices will count for more based on how many accounts they can afford.

The vote should be a polling of each individual player. That is what a vote is designed to account for. if they only wanted the outcome of those who pay the most money they could simply go through their account histories and ask those people directly.

This coming from a player who plays four characters. I only deserve 1 vote because I am only 1 person.

Edit: that's without even mentioning my previous point. These votes are meaningless if they are subject to change on a whim. Should we hold another vote in three months to accommodate all the people who claim they didn't get to vote in the original vote?
  4. Bumpkin Augur

I mean I voted 27 times in the original poll because you could just make free accounts. So I mean if any vote was a farce it was the original vote lmao.
  5. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Assuming you aren't lying, your point in this instance is they should fix one farce by sanctioning a second?
  6. Bumpkin Augur

They aren't fixing anything. They are repolling the server. Even if it came out different it doesn't mean they have to change anything. People in the real world poll issues every few months all the time. Public opinion changes. I have no idea why people are against a simple poll asking for public opinion.
  7. Jadefox Augur

They're not against a poll. They are against a referendum.

Constant polling would be fine. New votes to change policy every three days is akin to anarchy.
    This is what some think.

--Jade +/- 5%.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  8. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Public opinion changes but that doesn't mean we hold a new vote for president every month.
    Rhoulicas likes this.
  9. Jollenar New Member

I really don't care anymore what they do with these servers now. All the people are rushing to high lvls and farming stuff to no end, most aren't interested in building the community like it was back in the early days. What made people want these type of servers was to build what they had, most weren't interested in rushing to the max and forcing everyone to move on to the next expansion. If you want to be high end all the time and rush through everything then there are other servers that will help you do just that.. heck you can be lvl 100 on these in maybe a month, I say go for it. but leave the 2 so called classic servers how it was voted on.

I for one probably wont be playing it to much longer cause of all the crazy stuff going on. I guess the old saying "You can never go home again" is true, people just want the instant "Hey look at me I'm lvl so and so and have all this stuff".

What made EQ was the community that was built back then.. that's what people are missing. But so many just don't understand this. It takes time to build something like that.
    Gythlen, Rhoulicas and Fallfyres like this.
  10. Bumpkin Augur

Good thing we weren't promised 4 years of 6 months then. They never told us 6 months was a lock, if people wanted it to be different they would take a look at it. That's what we were promised and it appears they are making good on then promise, so I'm pretty happy with Daybreak when it comes to this matter.
  11. Styixi New Member

You are taking your desire for a word, and hope it will make it happen. The servers are up for two weeks, and the fact this topic was not locked and a clear answer given is very irritating as well. It very much looks like we voted in the wind if rules are to be changed like this. You were not here for the vote ? that's your problem, you will get to express opinion at some point.
    The server was / is advertised / labelled as maximum nostalgia aka 6 months per expansion after raid content is beaten.
  12. Aneuren Tempered Steel

They said that after the vote lost - by a WIDE (edit: was this the one that lost by a wide? it still lost) margin. And if they're considering caving to one side of the debate, they may as well consider listening to the other side as well.

You're just trolling at this point.
    Styixi likes this.
  13. Finwen Augur

If I dedicated my life to a single hobby for 12+ hours a day every day, six months would probably seem like a long time to me too.
    Wildwand likes this.
  14. Wildwand New Member

I totally agree, what has anyone's lvl got to do with the ability to place a vote, surely the fact that we PAY hard cash to be here in the first place shows our dedication to these servers.
    The mind boggles that a lvl limit should even be considered, and it's a bloody insult to anyone to be looked down on when our lvl isn't maxed out, I do not play my character to please others, I play it to have fun in my own time.
  15. Aafror New Member

Figured I'd go ahead and jump in here because people like me aren't often represented on forums but I'm at work, and bored, so here we go.

I came back to EQ for the ~eighth time specifically because of a 6 month timer. I didn't vote, but had I voted I would have done at least 6 months. There are plenty out there in my same situation.

I have logged in almost but not every single day. I play for a few minutes to a few hours. I started an erudite necro because I wanted the extra INT points because I knew gear would be an issue. I spent a lot of time exploring Odus, travelling to Qeynos, exploring all those zones again and then eventually running over to the Freeport side. Only this week have I made an actual effort to level which brings me up to a commanding level 15. My monk is level 4. I hope to hit 16 or 17 tonight, but that's probably pushing it.

I played most of my EQ in high school. Now I have a job, a wife, a mortgage, a dog, two kids, and a medical thing that results in nagging pain and fatigue. I absolutely love my time on EQ, as little as it may be. I love it because the zones are full, the people are friendly, and I don't feel that God-awful crushing pressure to level as fast as I can. I'm pacing myself so that by the time Kunark was supposed to open, I would have a reasonably well geared level 50 all ready to start the next chapter. I don't plan to buy much of my gear, outside of crafted jewelry, because I might as well level in places where the stuff I want drops. Because this is vanilla, and camping for a full set of gear is actually realistic because all those zones are full.

Do you know that South Ro is still slam packed on Ragefire? Every time I'm on at least 4 instances and full beaches. Most people are just like me, very casual and having fun. This elitist garbage about how I need to play is just that, garbage. No one cares if you're bored. Seriously, no one cares. Take your kronos and your bots that you call boxes and find something else to do. The reason people don't want a revote, at least not yet, is because we shouldn't have to defend the decision we were promised by making sure there is good turnout by the casual crowd.

I for one will not continue my subscription if the rug gets tanked out from under me three months early.
    Gythlen and Finwen like this.
  16. Acemac New Member

lol the whole point of this server was to lock the ex packs if you want more content just play on live...
  17. Mardy Augur

Ever since they implemented instances for leveling & farming zones, I've found myself no longer needing faster kunark unlock. Camps and exp spots are aplenty now, so I'm happy. I'm now perfectly fine with 6 months of classic.

Now if they would just spend a bit more dev time on implementing raid instances, with raid timers and no-drop loot, then we're golden. Either way though, Holly & co have gone above and beyond, so I'm a happy camper whether they move forth with raid instances or not.
    Finwen likes this.
  18. Mashef Augur

No one actually enjoys classic except a sadistic few too old men who sit around in their underwear alone at night. If it isn't sooner I will cancel until Kunark rolls out. There is a serious lack of content.
    Drexll likes this.
  19. Mashef Augur

Because you know, the real world economy and lives that would be affected is just as important as a few thousand bored video gamers.
  20. Jadefox Augur

No need to cancel. Play EQ2 until then.
    ;)

--Not-so-Joking Jade