Shield of Dreams, hrm...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kendoll, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Orbital101 Augur

If you think the advantage is massive you are wrong. If you think that shield was used to win events you are wrong again. I would have believe in something more OP the first time trying it. It is definitely not what will keep a tank alive much more then what is available today. Even to make you think twice about how the formula really work. Lets put it in that way... It was a just a toy that made many feel one step a head but never got to be on that extra step. As long as they though they were on it that is all that count for the time it lasted.

But just to make it straight I do not disagree with everything you said on this thread, just that part that felt like people are where they are because they had that shield.
  2. Narogg Augur

I am wondering if the shield was done to balance the lack of AC on the BP
    For the warrior class the vendor bought BP only reach 313.

It is 61 ac less then August gear for the BP.

The shield reaches 414 AC with the TBM Slot 9 Aug.
    That is 194 higher then my group gear CotF shield.
    194 minus the missing 61 = 133 increase.

There is a 90 ac increase in the vendor bought ear ring with Aug vs the TDS Tunare's Earing

There is a 83 AC increase in the vendor bought ring with Aug vs the TDS Combine Soldier's ring

Why shouldn't a shield be an over all increase of 133 AC for a new expansion?
  3. Iila Augur

lol if you think items had that much planning.
  4. Silv Augur

^If that's the case, where is my Enchanter only TBM raid shield making up for the 100+ AC lost over TDS gear? Right... that's not a thing.
    RPoo, Mintalie and Iila like this.
  5. Flutegirl Journeyman

Shield AC ! = BP AC.

So unless the BP had negative stat AC in the range of -900 to - 1500 it's pretty unlikely.
  6. Flutegirl Journeyman

As a Warrior, Shield upgrades are my priority upgrade for each tier of the expansion. This shield puts me at 499 currently on Shield AC.
    It would be interesting to use a AC 200 shield against current content.

Lowering the DI distribution across the board is going to mean much less chance of a peak blow killing you. And it also boosts the effectiveness of NTTB.