Shield of Dreams, hrm...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kendoll, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Kendoll Journeyman

http://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=147292

It seems this group shield allows type 9 augs, if you get the 184ac aug from the vendor in PoHealth, you're looking at a 414ac shield before any normal 7/8 augs vs 335ac from the raid shields that don't have type 9 slots.

I can't imagine this is intentional, unless raid shields are getting the type 9 augs and that'd be a significant boost.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Cicelee Augur

Well if no changes are made, I can see The Sleepbringer being perma camped on every server.

And a lot of raid shields adorning house walls...
  3. Silv Augur

My prediction:

No comment on this. Stealth fixed in February without patch notes. Unruly player mob with 20 page thread on vet forums.

Anyone who camps this thinking it is intentional is on that special stuff though.
    Quuq, roguerunner, Riou and 5 others like this.
  4. Kendoll Journeyman

Hah, didn't take long for someone to update their magelo with it.

[IMG]
  5. Kearstin Elder

don't forget all the xth guild to finish the expansion that doesn't allow shield of dreams on raids mentions and the replies about 80 shield ac isn't game breaking and our kills are legit even though all our tanks were using shield of dreams
    Agrippa likes this.
  6. Silv Augur

Ugh. That's the worst type of EQ player :mad:
    Quuq and Iila like this.
  7. Axxius Augur

For once, the name is appropriate. It's a Shield of Dreams, alright.
    Quuq, Riou, Dre. and 1 other person like this.
  8. segap Augur

They'd need to add "placeable" to the TBM weapons/shields first.
  9. Silv Augur

Most of them are ugly anyhow... I'd beat someone with a dead tree branch ornament if they placed them in the guild hall :p
  10. Maedhros High King

A comedy of errors.
  11. Triconix Augur

You expected anything else from a tank? We are notorious for having overly large epeens when it comes to rankings.

That's why I'm on a magelo strike. I refuse to update!!!!
  12. Kendoll Journeyman

Lots of people really care about rankings. People have also padded magelo forever- some necros swap their epics for other raid weapons, some casters swap out proc augs for mana augs to re-sync, tanks swap weapon proc augs for AC augs, etc, so it comes as no surprise, but it's got to be hard to really appreciate the jump in rankings from equipping a broken group item.

[IMG]
  13. Kravitz Augur

Nah they'll stealth fix this in next hot fix vs. working on other more important problems with itemization or bugs in the TBM expansion that need more priority. Expect the more important priority stuff to be fixed in October 2016. Either that, or they'll spend the next few patches working on Phinny TLP.
  14. Abazzagorath Augur

No, tanks actually use ac augs.
  15. Brohg Augur

/echo Abazzagorath, tanks use ac augs. That's not fakin'
  16. Bandien Elder

/agree
  17. Koryu Professional Roadkill

A better example would be Monks who have H2H weapons with non-damage augments equipped to inflate their HP and H-Dex when every one of them is actually using a 2hander.
    Cicelee and Silv like this.
  18. Sarcogian Augur

just throw me under the bus.
    Ssdar and Pirlo like this.
  19. Mayfaire Augur

Agreed. There's nothing on my magelo that isn't on me at every raid, including the ac aug in my sword. I may camp this shield, but the biggest reason to do so is more ac = yes please. If I really cared that much about padding my magelo I'd turn lizzy, but HELL NO. lol
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  20. Cicelee Augur

I won't lie.

When I got full Arx raid gear I replaced everything with stat augs to pad my Magelo to see how high I would get. I ended up around #7 for mana, #1 for hit points, #4 for SD. I was also #2 for AC /shrug. It made me feel good for about.... fourteen seconds. Then I though, this is silly. I don't need to care about this.

So I have a more realistic Magelo. And where ever I land is wherever I land.