Shield of Dreams, hrm...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kendoll, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Zehn Lorekeeper

Show me one post written by a DEV or anyone from DBG that has stated this was not intentional, or in fact by design. The only people who have stated this is a nerf are players proclaiming this is in fact wrong, and must be corrected.

I really could care less how it plays out, I have the new raid shield as well. So regardless I am going to be using the highest AC shield to beat this TBM content with.
  2. Hellboy007 Augur

Find me one post from a Dev or anyone from DBG about anything related to TBM items.. sacastically speaking they have hardly said a word on TBM items.. It is a total mess and the person responsible is on safari to Africa.. and no one else is willing and able to do anything about it.

with that being said this shield is way out of wack and will at some point be nerfed. either no longer drop or changed.

what i worry is that if they remove the Type 9 aug slot would this not destroy those augs and not retrievable. or my guess is they will change the base item to have stats similar to other shields that allow new augs.
  3. segap Augur

I think it is less about not knowing how to make a change in the data, but more about modifying all the templates used for the new system. This is not an item issue, but part of the overall broken new itemization system that has to scale. Tweaking one or two items' stats, could break things when they get around to fixing the system as a whole. Or if it is a template, an adjustment to a template to fix one item could then break 10 other ones. And it would seem that the only person with good knowledge of the big picture is on pto. What seems simple to us, might be overly complex internally.

Although this could still just be about not stepping on someone's toes and upsetting workplace relations on a small team. Hard to know.
  4. Flutegirl Journeyman

This is exactly what I mean. You convince yourself that somehow this is intentional. In your mind, you are doing nothing wrong.

A group shield with 90-95 more AC than the T1 raid shield.

[IMG]

I think you are being dishonest with yourself to justify using it.
  5. Bluey Lorekeeper

cheating.. lol... oh my god... heard that whining in the days where even thinking to box would bann your account in some narrow minded players thoughts.

The ones who want to stick in the past can play progression servers. Sorry... but

the game gives you options and I don't care if it was intentional or too stupid to do something because no dev so far really told something - and besides there is no real manual for this expansion to know even that. It is in the game and to use it is everybodies own decisions. Most forget one single thing: Cheat or not, beat or not, it is only in ones mind or in ones groups mind and in that groups personal believe system and therefore personal rule combination.

As a casual player I WILL USE THAT SHIELD and everything which give me the devs (except real exploits which is only available through third-party software hacking the system). That is the game and if that is making fun for me I will do that regardless what strange rules others have for their obviously too extensive sparetime.

Raiders may have other rules but they belong in their guild, not in the groups area. My little cleric has also his personal rules, just out of fun for myself. He only wears, what he has made by himself (tradeskilling and augs) and which no mob ever touched by his "blood-smeared" hands. That is a bit roleplay and I do also this for myself and don't force others to do the same - I have fun in it ;)

As a casual player I am thankful for having a shield which may be for some weeks better than raid and I use it with great pleasure. Because until the other ridiculous bugs are fixed that makes nevertheless even for the "anticheating" players no difference. I cannot use the new Charms/Range-Items nor, some weapons to fully extent which would give me the compensation which perhaps would bring, if the shield looses some stats but the other items gets them (which should be since start of the expansion) about the stats difference.

So far we are playing Beta! And a payed one which is ridiculous and at the beginning it was an Alpha without warning - which is only working because NOBODY IN THE MASS MARKET WOULD WRITE MUCH ABOUT AN MMO WHICH IS SO OUTDATED THAT ONLY HARDCORE LOVE AND HATE-PLAYERS WOULD PLAY IT. I never read about Everquest in ANY newspaper here in Germany for years. Why? Nobody would compare that ultraold technique with actual stuff. It is not mainstream anymore since a long time. If it would be mainstream the critics would be devastating so that DBG would very fast have a big problem because negative critics would make them known enough that even players who would perhaps try a game otherwise stay away and don't waste their time. To sell that even now with all that "catastrophies" called Expansion is only possible because of the love and dedication of so many who started with it 10+ years ago. You can also call that religious believes in a "second life" or perhaps for some drug-addiction like status or simply hanging in much fun in the past - there are many reasons why people play such an old technique.

I personally love to waste a bit time in that game even the bugs sometimes urge me to vomit...

Like everybody uses Windows since years with thousands of bugs which like every software package on earth beyond 6000 codelines every sane developer outside of the informatics would call beta because 6000 codelines is todays only maximal proofed bugfree possibility. Imagine a car which has a 90% chance to use his breaks... but we are not far away from that if you look into todays car design... ;)

And if you ever programmed software: bugs and features or better say: unintended effects of software packages or usability effects are easily recognized - and I don't think you had to study engineering areas to see that.

BTW: looted now the Warrior T1 Aggro Weapon: Anger IV on the Beloved Heartstopper in TBM while the normally also War-only always rotting Alfreds Stolen Spear has Anger VII in TDS. And the same "DESIGN BUGS" or lazy package testing has happend on the delay of the weapon: TDS: delay 18 while TBM: delay 19 - dmg is identical that means ratio is worse in TBM - the same like the most weapons (Mnk/Bst e.g.) in TBM. Somebody clearly had no clue about the last expansion features or simply didn't cared! If you call it a feature then call Win 10 a feature comparing it to Win 7 instead of a rotten mess which main feature is to get rid of the secondary sellers in Europe while bounding with the trick of getting it free the serial number of your Win7 to the motherboard. That is something not many realized so far. In US it does not matter because there you have the law of the money and perhaps they buy their way through the court. US nevertheless is meanwhile a oligarchy in many ways. In Europe / Germany Microsoft lost at court for binding their OS to the motherboards and they changed now their politics for Win 10 to avoid the court sentence. Oh and don't forget how many parts of the software is not present anymore which has been included in Win7. And it will have success anyways - too many people use that and too many sell it.

Reminds me sometimes on EQ....

my 2 cents....
  6. p2aa Augur

Bump, to still show that there is a problem here.

So that this thread isn't buried in the forum, as there is a chance Devs read The Veteran Lounge part of the forum.
  7. Silv Augur

Based on a very obvious bug/unintended issue I PM'd about and actually received a response on today... the implied message was don't expect anything to happen till next year - regardless of the issue. So... enjoy the shield for a few more weeks at least. If you think it is intended though... well, that's gonna be an AWESOME drama post.
  8. Lonye Augur

Yeah, this shield needs to get nerfed asap. Remember all the calls for nerfing chromatic haze? Well shield users, its your turn.
  9. Silv Augur

Technically that lasted about 6 months (although only 2ish to the masses). So... if we want to be realistic they probably have longer than they should to abuse it. Of course you have every raid AND group tank trying to get it at this point so it's pretty out of control. The named has been permacamped on Bristle the past week; more or less the *only* named I've seen camped that much in this expansion (which should speak for itself).

I either want all the tanks to get it ASAP and leave the camp or it to be nerfed ASAP so they leave the camp. You guys are reaaaaaaally hindering me finishing Decay hunter.
  10. Lonye Augur

If they refuse to let you get in the group for 1 measly kill, perhaps they need to be introduced to the rest of the zone simultaneously. Just a suggestion, man.
    Elricvonclief, Mayfaire, RPoo and 3 others like this.
  11. Silv Augur

But I need that l33t bag for my boxes too!

Seriously though... have 11 months till the next expansion so I'm not really worried about that but I find it more entertaining that people think this will last [and their subsequent efforts to justify it]. At least with the Haze nerf Enchanters didn't try and act like it was intended/should remain how it was.

OP is OP. IF the shield was super rare *and* right around the stats of the raid shield... sure, I could buy that as being intended. Almost 100 AC more and huge HME? Yeah right.

It's easy to become disillusioned though when you find something overwhelmingly nice. Can't blame people for (shield of) dream(ing)!
  12. Kravitz Augur

Even if it wasn't intentional to begin with, it is intentional now.

You guys have dragged this thread to 5 pages and are just marketing "you can have this L33T shield if you buy TBM" (inadverntently, from dragging this topic on), its the intentional consequence of why the dev team haven't fixed it already, even though they've had about 5 patches to do so. They know this will get people to buy TBM, you are all advertising it well for DGC without them using any resources marketing it!

They will fix it about 9 months from now though, when sales of TBM have dropped of significantly!
    Silv likes this.
  13. Silv Augur

It's already been established the "item" dev is out of the country on vacation, they have an insane number of issues still (that they're not dealing with now till after the holiday), and yeah... If anything this post has led people to foolishly camp a shield that will not be worth salt once it is patched which I expect sooner rather than later... esp. if Aristo is handling item issues since he hates everyone.

So I guess DBG did succeed with marketing... get people to buy in a month early and then sh*t on everyone. They are more clever than anyone wants to credit them!
    Kravitz likes this.
  14. Mayfaire Augur

All you had to do was ask me. :p Except that, I was smart and wiley and camped it at like 4 am on a Monday morning haha. No one was around at all.
  15. Silv Augur

I just got him... so~ let the shield go un-nerfed till next expansion :rolleyes:
    Iila and Mayfaire like this.
  16. Iila Augur

I got a frosty gem of shield ac, so please don't ever nerf this shield.

(I can't equip the shield, or the aug. But I didn't know the ldon raid locked when I tried to get one for a guildy.)
    Mayfaire likes this.
  17. Mayfaire Augur

So you can just stare at the shield with the aug in it and dream? lol :D
    Ranonman and Iila like this.
  18. Iila Augur

I don't have the shield, but close enough!

Kinda wish I had taken a Grandmaster aug from PoWar hunter, put that and the frost gem in a shield and just have it to caress and dream about.
    Mintalie, RPoo, Ranonman and 2 others like this.
  19. Mayfaire Augur

haha, I literally just lol'ed. /hugs :D
    Mintalie, Silv and Iila like this.
  20. p2aa Augur

This shield was intended to be 230 AC without aug, TDS group gear shield is 225 AC.
    So if they want to match this, with a 184 AC type 9 aug, the base shield must be 46 AC.