Shield of Dreams, hrm...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kendoll, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Orienn TreeHugger

I think you should just let those have it that have the nerf the new ones dropping, like the shissar armor pieces being worn by any type ;)
  2. Riou EQResource

They would have an un-upgradeable shield for the next 20 years if they did that
    Iila and Elricvonclief like this.
  3. Silv Augur

Plus the ENDLESS stream of threads complaining about it for that whole time!
    Iila, Elricvonclief and Mayfaire like this.
  4. Orienn TreeHugger

there's no way EQ will go that long if this is the how the content is going to be xD
    Iila and Lonye like this.
  5. Elricvonclief Augur

If a groupable shield solidly trumps the raid shield, it cannot be intended.
  6. Orienn TreeHugger

Gonna use the hell out of it tho on my alt ;)
  7. Bluey Lorekeeper

it is only tank class and at moment does not skip the balance very much. The bugs inside and the some very unbalanced Tasks and Mobs do up for that shield. If they correct the Aug-Slot but also fix the bugs in TBM at the same time the world will not vanish.
    There are more important things and btw. it is only some tank classes and honestly only Warriors have really great bonus with that.
    I love it on my Warrior and as a nonraider it is a bit of balance in seeing so much raiding stuff compared to the group stuff and esp. to the ridiculous Hero3-Tasks. And does it miracles in the Tasks? Surely not. There are only about 100AC and 2k HP more. If you forget to cast some very minor support buffs in the group, then this is the same. Does it change gameplay much? NO. Does it change feeling much? YES.

But everyone needs to whine a little about that. Envy to the best of the best defines many of these games nowadays ;)

so we should be happy as long as it lasts perhaps as a sort of sorry for that crappy alpha status in that expansion ;)
    Orienn likes this.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

The question is is it broken and going to be nerfed or should we ignore raid shields and load this up?

As for it only really helping some tank classes. I doubt you'll find a knight who knows his class who wouldn't jump on a huge ac shield. By the math it helps them more than warriors.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  9. Iila Augur

It's broken and going to get nerfed on the 16th.

Use it to your heart's desires until then.
    Ickles and Silv like this.
  10. Bluey Lorekeeper

mh.. patch on 16th... ? There are one of the little moments I could wait a bit for the next patch. I like that shield a bit on that warrior, hopefully the next patch does not go from one beta to the next beta or worse ... alpha.... I fear that they worsen it again with many other bugs in exchange...or many other nerfs....
    but we will see... anything to read what they will change on 16th and if this is a server patch or again that annoying patches on our own systems?
  11. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

It will be nerfed in the next patch. Why? Because I finally got one on Sunday morning. I told several people that they should just pay me in plat not to camp it, but no one took me up on it. Now everyone that has it will suffer due to their greed. :)
  12. Bluey Lorekeeper

honestly? nobody camped it on AB. It was empty like ever. Nobody was really interested in that shield or didn't knew it or in the general chat it has been told that this will be nerfed nevertheless. Made only three rounds killing the named and even in that zone area only one group did their quests. So you get it in a breeze if you play a bit off the main schedule.

Here in the forum it sounds like this camp is the horror.... sorry.... nobody hurries on AB, nobody is in hystery, all works smooth here, nothing is really overcamped or at least it is not at the time when I am on. I will use it a little today and then perhaps it is useful to very fast remove the augs because the bug intensity since september would expect me to see the augs vanishing instead of being refunded or in the inventory.

Then it is time to use my old TDS-Shield again because there is not really any single shield you would trade for the crappy AC and stats you get at the moment in TBM. Hopefully DBG gets that and pushes a bit stats or even simpler, tunes done the augment for the shields so that they are in line and a bit better then TDS.
    Melee stuff is at the moment not really much better than TDS and in case of tank classes with emphasize on AC it is no expansion, more an impansion.... ? Implosion? Antipansion? Unpansion? Nopansion? Depansion? Is there even a word in the english language? ;)
  13. Xikteny Augur

Contraction?
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

When it gets changed, it becomes the Shield of Shattered Dreams.
  15. Weake Aggro Lorekeeper

The shield of dreams must be low on the radar. It survived the Dec 16 patch.
  16. Hellboy007 Augur

Its not that its low on the Radar.. The person responsible is gone.. so no one else can fix it.. No one @ DBG likes to work in other peoples area..

[IMG]
  17. Hellboy007 Augur

I regret selling the extra i had for so low now..
  18. Flutegirl Journeyman

This makes me laugh because cheating really is a question of your "goal posts".

Take advantage of Fear/Hate lockout timers - you're a cheater
    Take advantage of Serker bug on Damsel - you're a cheater

Take advantage of the shield of dreams - this is fine and dandy for some reason.

Shield of Dreams gives a massive shield AC advantage esp in regards to lowering this DI values across the board with mobs attack values designed for a 315AC shield, this is why we only generally see 5AC increases across tiers/expansions. To give the same boost that this shield gives you (over Arx raid shield) , you would have to go back to House of Thule (6 expansions ago.....)
    Imagine using Arx shield in House of Thule content.

Yet we use this shield to beat this TBM content, and somehow that is fine, it's legit wins and we're not cheating.
    Strange how our values change depending on what we desire.
    Geri_Petrovna likes this.
  19. Bluey Lorekeeper

Shield is still there ;)
    but my August Bow for the warrior since TDS is still far beyong 4k hp.. the same.. never got nerfed.

and the story of somebody leaving the company who knows how to change stats.. sorry.. never heard such a ridiculous story. EQ is no one man programming show. If you can install items with stats then you can change them. But if you pay housewifes who know only how to cook and clean - then I would understand that.
    Stats are no freaking high level programming area, it is mainly only a data desert... ;)
  20. Hellboy007 Augur

got all this on my tank.. i was thinking i would notice some huge difference.... i didnt..

still get beatin up the same