Shaman dots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hogwilld, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Battlerattle New Member

Why nerf an entire class based on what top tiered raid guilds' parsers say? 95% of the game is playable not as a raid. I understand people are upset when their "DPS" class is outparsed on 1 named spawn in a raid, what I cannot understand is the destruction of a class based on the one or two outliers where a druid or shaman do more damage per second than a wizard in 5% of the game. I would argue that it is far less than 5% of the time a druid or shaman topped the dps charts but I could be wrong. This was not a balancing. This was taking a tank to a knife fight. What you have done was to essentially relegate the shaman class even further to buff bot than they already were. It is not the end of the world for EQ or even the class but it certainly is not going to help people find a shaman or a druid that actually plays the class as a main.
    chocster likes this.
  2. chocster Lorekeeper

By the "Class Creap" mentality

1. Nerf Chanters next, they are out DPSing mage/wizzy
    2. Nerf Beastlord's pets because they are too strong at tanking
    3. Nerf Mage pets because they are DPSing and Tanking too strongly
    4. Nerf Clerics' ability to tank
    5. Nerf SKs ability to pull, its too good vs. Bard/Monk
    6. Nerf rogues...well, if there were anymore, screw it..NERF EM' ANYWAYS
    7. Nerf Tank's ability to DPS
    8. Nerf Bards...oh wait...nothing really to nerf anymore but NERF EM' ANYWAYS

AE NERF and Like it!
    Nerf Nerf
    Talonthalis and eqgamer like this.
  3. kizant Augur

Instead of calling everything nerf you should think of it as a bug fix. If a class is able to do something they weren't intended to then it's a bug. You don't want to play a game full of bugs do you?
    menown likes this.
  4. Tiggold Augur

This expansion belongs to the clothies. Hopefully the rest of us will return in the next revamp of already experienced content.
  5. kizant Augur

Wizards always do exactly how much DPS they're supposed to do. It's the other clothies that are OP and in need of some bug fixin!
    fransisco and Fohpo like this.
  6. menown Augur

As a necro, I am okay with all melee and DD classes out dpsing me in group content. That is the price I pay for having DoTs as my main form of DPS. Why is it that some shamans and druids on these boards feel they should be close to equal with other DPS classes with using their Dots in group content. I'd say I do about 50% of what other DPS classes do in group content. Some even less.

DoT classes SHOULD be better and more efficient DPS while soloing and long duration encounters (raid bosses). That would mean even shaman and druid should parse in the top 15 WHEN they don't have to focus on other raid duties.

Shamans and druids are versatile classes. They can solo and are still desired in groups and raids. Druids have more powerful DDs than necros and shamans as well, making their group DPS even better in several cases. It would still be nice if druids had better group heals and possibly better DD/heal combo spells to better fulfill their group role of offensive priest.
    chocster likes this.
  7. Fohpo Augur

We already got to relive a little bit of Velious in RoF, right? Here's to hoping for Luclin 2.0 later this year.
    Tiggold likes this.
  8. Fohpo Augur

Except mages, they're fine (at least I hope so, just made a mage box army).
  9. Ninelder Augur

Solo what? I got raid geared druids complaining its taking an entire mana bar to kite one mob in old content. In current content they are screwed.
  10. menown Augur

It has also been pointed out by many here that you did not know the true potential of druids and shamans. Those 2 classes will get their mana costs reduced in an upcoming patch and all will be well in the world of EQ.
    kizant likes this.
  11. Slippry Augur

In the same patch as the necro dot revamps.
    menown likes this.
  12. Siddar Augur

No it the patch after the necro DoT revamp.
  13. Leigo You come here often?

For the most part I feel this only hurt the group game.. sure I'll still run 2-3 dots, but it won't be as good dps wise.
    The main issue I take with this Nerf is the stated they were only nerfing "combo" dots and they hit every single dot over 70.
  14. Ghubuk Augur

If they keep the mana cost ratio the same, next expansion wont even be able to afford to cast a single dot.
  15. Ninelder Augur

Well If you say I don't know the true potential of druids you are dead wrong. Shaman I don't know as well.

What I do know in all occasions, is the end result of the devs whack-a-mole balancing, there being less players, and less subs. It also has led many raiding guilds to go without certain classes. Classes which raid content is based around.

I am really grasping at straws here to understand why you and the other trolls support this kind of bad game management.
  16. menown Augur

This here proves my point.
    Sheex and kizant like this.
  17. Ninelder Augur

That was a good point, thank you!
  18. shruggz Elder

so I took my shaman out to root rot some, to see what my main four dots I use in a group situation are actually contributing.

as far as personnel dps, where I don't have healing duties to perform. where my main task is to get something dead.

I'm disgusted beyond words. using epic click and fleeting and my main 4 dots which I cant sustain over a long period because of the mana costs. I pushed out a staggering 49k dps,

keep in mind I'm 109, and don't have any rk2's
    (oh and he's got over 31k aa, everything that will affect his spell damage short of 110 aa's)
    and before you say get to 110 and max aa and all your rk2's and get better gear and get good. then come back lol, this hurts the shaman that aren't 110 max aa in and in excellent gear and augs
    much much worse than it does the players it was designed to reign in.

and now it will be nearly impossible to do those things.

if I only dot with channeling up and run 7 dots I'm sure I could probably break 100k but its unrealistic to expect to run with 7 dots up all the time and to only contribute to dps when channeling is up.

I wanted to see what my four main dots would do without all the other battle spam

so what kind of dps should a shaman be allowed to output while in a group?

if your answer is they shouldn't they are priests, then you might as well keep that comment to yourself.

you can think it, you can even believe it, but I'm of the the opinion that you are wrong. and your saying it until your face turns blue wont change my mind. (just as my saying your wrong likely wont change your mind)

this "adjustment" did what it intended in keeping shaman off the raid parse for certain. but the consequences I feel have completely destroyed our ability to contribute any type of meaningful dps to the group.

I'm not saying top of the group dps I'm just saying meaningful dps

boost our swifts back up, not like two ticks is gonna hurt anyone's feelings at least it shouldn't.

again I have to come back to the question, How Much Damage Should a Shaman be allowed to do?
    and I know that some of the top of the class aren't much affected but most of us aren't them.

I do know this... this has really sucked the fun outta playing my shaman, knowing without question that he's back to being a toothless buff bot.

and my desire to log in and play has been cut considerably.
    Mano Man likes this.
  19. Venedar Lorekeeper

Here is a suggestion that I think would solve it and not affect the balance of the game. This change would bring back some fun factor to shaman class again.

Subject: Solo playing and Raid game (if your dps is needed / allowed.)

1. Keep our three disease based DoTs nerfed and lower the mana cost 20%.
    2. Raise our both poison based DoTs with 20% dmg and keep current mana cost.
    3. Raise our both magic based DoTs to pre-nerf and keep current mana cost.

Subject: grp game only

1. Boost our two fast DoTs so we can assist dps if / when needed in the normal group game.